Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Russia invades Ukraine (24/02/2022)

raymondo

Apr 26, 2017
Wiltshire
This is seriously very concerning if true - as if the country and infrastructure hasn’t been destroyed enough Russia apparently threatening another Chenobyl - Actually worse, Zaporizhzhia Nuclear Power Station is the largest in Europe.

Torched earth plans from Russia?

I think that risk has been there since Russia took control of the Zap Station.
I would hope the US has told Russia in clear terms what will happen if Russia is stupid enough to directly attack any of Ukraine's nuclear stations. Of course, if Trump gets in that messaging will probably change...
I'm not trying to minimise the message, just that the West must not appease because of this possibility.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Here's Trump working as Putin's agent 😡

"Trump argued Ukraine should have made concessions to Russian President Vladimir Putin in the months before Russia’s February 2022 attack, declaring that even “the worst deal would’ve been better than what we have now”."

What an absolute fool and coward that man is. So Ukraine were supposed to offer half the country to Russia when Russia said they weren't going to invade. And then Russia would have invaded and taken the rest anyway. Trump makes Chamberlain look like William Wallace

raymondo

Apr 26, 2017
Wiltshire
"Trump argued Ukraine should have made concessions to Russian President Vladimir Putin in the months before Russia’s February 2022 attack, declaring that even “the worst deal would’ve been better than what we have now”."

What an absolute fool and coward that man is. So Ukraine were supposed to offer half the country to Russia when Russia said they weren't going to invade. And then Russia would have invaded and taken the rest anyway. Trump makes Chamberlain look like William Wallace
Absolutely 😡.
Bullies love bullies, Trump loves Putin's methods.
Trump is an incredible coward who cares nothing for the future of Europe if Russia is allowed to win in Ukraine.
And Trump's brain dead, morally defunct fans will lap up his words.
If only there was a leader that would take Trump's speech sentence by sentence and explain why it's bullshit...Starmer? Macron? Tusk? Harris?...anyone? can they be bothered? Nah ... they'll leave that as Zelenskiy's problem.

Eric the meek

Fiveways Wilf
NSC Patron
Aug 24, 2020
This forum needs a bit of good news, so here is a 7 minute clip from Peter Zeihan.

TLDR (or for those at work):

1. Russia concentrates its arms caches, is reliant on rail and moves the arms the final small distance, by hand.
2. Palianytsia - fleets of the new lightweight cruise missile drones used to blow up the arms depots. They've been quite effective.
3. At one of the attacks, a train was present, resulting in a bigger bang. Coincidence? Zeihan thinks the Ukrainians have found a way to track rail movements in real time.
4. He predicts further attacks on Russia electricity generation to further degrade the rail system.

Last edited:

raymondo

Apr 26, 2017
Wiltshire
Can't say I am or have been a big fan of our foreign sec David Lammy, but f**k me..... smashed it out of the park in his speech at the UN..... credit where its due.....

proud our foreign secretary has the balls to say it exactly as it is and not mince words.

That's brilliant, he's found his role 👏🏼. Nice that he pointed out the Russian rep was on his phone as Lammy spoke...👏🏼

It's also (good timing) a sideswipe at Trump's recent speech.

raymondo

Apr 26, 2017
Wiltshire
This forum needs a bit of good news, so here is a 7 minute clip from Peter Zeihan.

TLDR (or for those at work):

1. Russia concentrates its arms caches, is reliant on rail and moves the arms the final small distance, by hand.
2. Palianytsia - fleets of the new lightweight cruise missile drones used to blow up the arms depots. They've been quite effective.
3. At one of the attacks, a train was present, resulting in a bigger bang. Coincidence? Zeihan thinks the Ukrainians have found a way to track rail movements in real time.
4. He predicts further attacks on Russia electricity generation to further degrade the rail system.

That was very, VERY interesting, thanks 🤩.
Especially that Ukraine may now have Intel on Russian train movements (through their capture of rail hub facilities in Sudhza, Kursk).
It was also a surprise for me to hear that 2/3 of Russian rail locomotives are electric, so Ukraine may go after regional electric generation to partially disable the network.
Short video, but long on info 👍👍.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Can't say I am or have been a big fan of our foreign sec David Lammy, but f**k me..... smashed it out of the park in his speech at the UN..... credit where its due.....

proud our foreign secretary has the balls to say it exactly as it is and not mince words.

Wonderful speech

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here