Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Sad sign of the times...

Pumba04

Jan 27, 2011
Burgess Hill
.. that Upson was only the player in our starting 11 wearing what I call proper boots - mainly black with white logo.Think he had on Adidas world cups or copa mundial's

Every other player had orange, yellow, green, white, red you name it!

Vicente is an exception.

Barnes had black boots when he came on

Bring back proper boots

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I always think black boots epitomise Bridders.

It's pleasing to see him keeping it old skool around the fancy dans.

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
With my dying eye site the only way I can identify the players is through flashes of colour, red= Vicente/Hamond, Yellow=Bridge/Lopez, Black=Upson/Bridcutt.

The Truth

Banned
Sep 11, 2008
None of your buisness
Why are black boots better?

nomoremithras4me

Apr 7, 2011
Vicente could wear Doc Martins & still mug defenders :)

Pumba04

Jan 27, 2011
Burgess Hill
Fair play I forgot about the Pole in goal, not sure about Ulloa

As above Bridders has proper boots.

I suppose it shows my age but just think that boots should be black but will allow the logo to be white.

mistahclarke

Jul 28, 2009
With the subs CMS had pure white and it looked like he was wearing just socks. Barnes was wearing complete black, with no visible logo.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
As mentioned in the CMS thread, I think his white boots were absolutely stunning and I would love a pair if I had any need for them at all.

Bridcutt's black boots are really smart and suit his style, like Dave's yellow today. Hammond's boots are usually shocking.

T soprano

Oct 27, 2011
Posh end of Shoreham
To be honest I prefer old fashioned black boots
But must admit sitting at the back of the wsu I find it very handy seeing the players in colour coded boots I instantly know who's who from their boots :thumbsup:

Cars

Feb 13, 2012
Haywards Heath
With the subs CMS had pure white and it looked like he was wearing just socks. Barnes was wearing complete black, with no visible logo.

Funny that! I thought he was wearing just socks when the team were warming up, wasn't till I saw his studs I realised he was wearing boots.

Thought it was some new way of warming up or something.....

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
Think bright boots are also designed to put opposition players off - similar to Keepers having bright florescent kits (which i think Kooshack should have !!)

I like em myself.

Simon Morgan

Oct 30, 2004
Oxford
Bridders hasn't always worn black. I think coloured ones look better to be honest. A bit embarrassing when worn by crap players though. Went to Hereford v Lincoln last sat in the Blue Square Prem and was amazed at how many were wearing white boots

Jimmy Grimble

Upson is fast becoming my favourite player, partly because he wears the smartest boots known to mankind: adidas copa mundials

Cool as f*** for a centre half :thumbsup:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here