Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Sarmiento

Han Solo

May 25, 2024
Another year on loan seems likely, another top 5 league where he'd get to play more would be optimal. Somewhere like... St Pauli?

He's 22 now and needs to start playing regularly if he's going to reach the top. Didn't break into our team, not into WBAs team, not into Ipswich team... and now everyone is excited to see him back?

His reputation is a lot better than most of the things he's shown on a pitch. I'll be very surprised if we have room for him once transfer business is done.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
Wouldn't do McKenna any favours now.
Why? If it benefits us as a club then Bloom will take the emotion out of it and do what he thinks is best.

Another year on loan seems likely, another top 5 league where he'd get to play more would be optimal. Somewhere like... St Pauli?

He's 22 now and needs to start playing regularly if he's going to reach the top. Didn't break into our team, not into WBAs team, not into Ipswich team... and now everyone is excited to see him back?

His reputation is a lot better than most of the things he's shown on a pitch. I'll be very surprised if we have room for him once transfer business is done.

He was a regular in the match day squad in the 22-23 season until he got injured. His development at 20 looked to be going well. Breaking his metatarsal on international duty set him back massively and gave others a chance to surpass him.

He didn’t set the world alight at West Brom and it was always going to be tough for him to come into an Ipswich side that was going well but he was still a key part of their promotion winning squad even if he was mainly used as a sub.

It will be interesting to see what our plans with him are, I like many others think he’s got a future here. He’d certainly be a useful player to have off the bench at least. With hindsight he’d have probably got as much football last season here because of injury that he did out on loan.

Last edited:

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester

I don’t get the excitement either. Some very nice technical skills, but he didnt ever seem to transfer that into effective attacking play when with us.

As you say, the fact that he was never a regular starter in the Championship is telling. A genuine Premier League prospect should be tearing defences a new arsehole at that level.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here