Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Single women over 30

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Women especially as they get older are looking for Man who can bring something to the table. Therefore they are hardwired over centuries to expect the Man to be the " provider ". Even though middle aged Women have all the cards now and in many ways are in a much better position than their single Male counterparts they still expect this

The evident ease with which you appear to have lumped together 50% of the entire population into one lazy stereotype speaks a thousand words. Personally, if I met a bloke who thought like that, all it says to me is that he's short sighted enough to attribute his lack of success with the opposite sex to some all-encompassing female genetic flaw, rather than examining his own deficiencies.

I don't expect anyone to provide for me, I look after myself quite easily enough, thanks.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I'd be interested in your views.

My mate is the last single (although newly) lad in our group, now heading towards his mid 30's we were discussing his options in terms of next relationship.

Realistically his age range is 25 -40.

My point, and one that was discussed at great length is that any woman over 30 and not tied down (or at least divorced) is obviously a little bit mental and he should steer clear - she is single for a reason and that is usually that she is a sandwich short of a picnic - and not in a good way.

Now the argument could also be said for him, being a single lad in his mid 30's.

Discuss.

:drink:

It's fantastic that you perceive a woman in her 30s and single as a mentalist, but a bloke the same age and single as entirely different. As I've already made the point, it strikes me that to curse women as a whole as having some kind of need or issue is much easier than asking your mate what's wrong with him?

There probably isn't anything wrong with him- maybe he's picky as well? I see plenty of people in relationships that are just plodding along, going nowhere, where the participants kind of love each other but aren't in love, both parties bored and ready to jump at the next opportunity that comes along but neither brave enough to take the step of breaking it off. Why shouldn't your mate wait until he finds someone he really likes? And on the same note then, why shouldn't any woman.

The other interesting thing to note is that men (and this has been proven in research) have a tendency to rate themselves higher on a looks/personality scale, than women do. Because of this, they also set their sights on women who might be perceived by others as being out of their league. Women, on the other hand, tend to go for men who they view as being on the same level.

So if a bloke rates himself as a 7 out of 10 on the looks scale, he will still quite happily chat up a woman who is a 10/10 but wouldn't touch a 4/10, whereas a woman who considers herself a 6 or 7 will frequently only aim for someone she perceives to be about the same or less. We put more stock on personality. Look at the evidence: you often see pig ugly blokes around with attractive women, but you NEVER, EVER see really ugly women with attractive guys.

burrish-gull

Mar 24, 2009
The evident ease with which you appear to have lumped together 50% of the entire population into one lazy stereotype speaks a thousand words. Personally, if I met a bloke who thought like that, all it says to me is that he's short sighted enough to attribute his lack of success with the opposite sex to some all-encompassing female genetic flaw, rather than examining his own deficiencies.

I don't expect anyone to provide for me, I look after myself quite easily enough, thanks.

Alot of women over 35 are completely bananas though :banana::wink:

Lord Bamber

Legendary Chairman
Feb 23, 2009
Heaven
We put more stock on personality. Look at the evidence: you often see pig ugly blokes around with attractive women, but you NEVER, EVER see really ugly women with attractive guys.

What she say's is true.

burrish-gull

Mar 24, 2009
It's fantastic that you perceive a woman in her 30s and single as a mentalist, but a bloke the same age and single as entirely different. As I've already made the point, it strikes me that to curse women as a whole as having some kind of need or issue is much easier than asking your mate what's wrong with him?

There probably isn't anything wrong with him- maybe he's picky as well? I see plenty of people in relationships that are just plodding along, going nowhere, where the participants kind of love each other but aren't in love, both parties bored and ready to jump at the next opportunity that comes along but neither brave enough to take the step of breaking it off. Why shouldn't your mate wait until he finds someone he really likes? And on the same note then, why shouldn't any woman.

The other interesting thing to note is that men (and this has been proven in research) have a tendency to rate themselves higher on a looks/personality scale, than women do. Because of this, they also set their sights on women who might be perceived by others as being out of their league. Women, on the other hand, tend to go for men who they view as being on the same level.

So if a bloke rates himself as a 7 out of 10 on the looks scale, he will still quite happily chat up a woman who is a 10/10 but wouldn't touch a 4/10, whereas a woman who considers herself a 6 or 7 will frequently only aim for someone she perceives to be about the same or less. We put more stock on personality. Look at the evidence: you often see pig ugly blokes around with attractive women, but you NEVER, EVER see really ugly women with attractive guys.

Alot of pig ugly blokes do tend to be loaded though ;-)

Herne Hill Seagull

Jul 10, 2003
Galicia
..any woman over 30 and not tied down (or at least divorced) is obviously a little bit mental and he should steer clear - she is single for a reason and that is usually that she is a sandwich short of a picnic - and not in a good way.
(My emboldening)

What absolute bollocks. Any woman? Including, just picking possibilities at randon, women who have left their boyfriend because he cheated on them? Career women whose jobs leave them very little spare time? Women who, like a lot of blokes, merely enjoy the freedom of being single? I'm surprised it's not you who's newly single if you genuinely think like that.

You too, Uncle S. You seem to think it's pre- 1970-something with that attitude, so I ain't surprised you've given up - finding women who'd think your views are OK a decade into the 21st century can't be easy.

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge

What about your emotional needs Edna. There's independent and then there's independence.

Feb 14, 2010
I'd be interested in your views.

My mate is the last single (although newly) lad in our group, now heading towards his mid 30's we were discussing his options in terms of next relationship.

Realistically his age range is 25 -40.

My point, and one that was discussed at great length is that any woman over 30 and not tied down (or at least divorced) is obviously a little bit mental and he should steer clear - she is single for a reason and that is usually that she is a sandwich short of a picnic - and not in a good way.

Now the argument could also be said for him, being a single lad in his mid 30's.

Discuss.

:drink:

I duno what this has to do with football but I salute you, I laughed out loud. Come on 30s girls, lets hear the reply.. have to say at times he does have a point....:lolol:

Whitterz

Mmmmm? Marvellous
Aug 9, 2008
Eastbourne
Edna is right.

Though, in my opinion anyone in their 30's (male or female) who is not tied down in marriage need not be tarnished "mental", I would say they were probably quite intelligent folk, not wanting to settle down and make commitments at still an early age, but want to have fun and enjoy life before settling down etc.

It is also worth pointing out, (and this has some factual truth to it) , that men who have kids at an older age i.e 35+ are more likely to end up better parents, as they have much more life experience than younger parents, and thus not making mistakes they would have done when they were younger.

It is also worth pointing out, that men AND women who marry, kids, mortgage etc at an older age (again 35+) are less likely to suffer from mid-life crisis syndrome, becuase they had the fun when they were younger and didnt commit to long term relationships, have kids etc when they were young. Not always the case, but there was a program on this on channel four about 6 months ago, was quite interesting.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
What about your emotional needs Edna. There's independent and then there's independence.

The same would apply to any human being, not just the female ones. One might consider that you guys like to think women need your emotional support because it makes you feel in control.

magoo

Jul 8, 2003
United Kingdom
Why do people assume that if you're over 30 and single then you're in some way undesirable? Couldn't it be that you just haven't met the right person and don't feel the pressure society puts on you to be in a relationship, or to force yourself into a relationship just for the sake of it?

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Alot of pig ugly blokes do tend to be loaded though ;-)

What first attracted you to the ugly, ancient, midget billionaire Bernie Ecclestone? :lolol:

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Why do people assume that if you're over 30 and single then you're in some way undesirable? Couldn't it be that you just haven't met the right person and don't feel the pressure society puts on you to be in a relationship, or to force yourself into a relationship just for the sake of it?

Exactement.

You want to try going out with a guy who's not into football when you're female and an Albion season ticket holder....they just think that's really WEIRD that you'd want to spend your Saturdays at a game with a bunch of blokes. Even more so if you go to away games. That may be an indication of mental-ness I suppose :wink:

Anyway: any stunningly attractive, thirty something, loaded Albion season ticket holders out there...my number is....oh alright, alright, you don't have to be loaded :lolol:

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I reckon this will reach ten pages, easy :D

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
The same would apply to any human being, not just the female ones. One might consider that you guys like to think women need your emotional support because it makes you feel in control.

I have never wanted to be in control in any way, emotional or financial it's to much like hard work.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here