Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Solution to the LB problem: Sign Stan Lazaridis!

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Les Biehn said:

Sorry... I meant:

Please excuse my ignorance, but who is Adam Green? why should we sign him?...

I would have thought a single question mark was more than adequate to express all of the above!!... :)

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
Jan 7, 2006
B.W. said:
Sorry... I meant:

Please excuse my ignorance, but who is Adam Green? why should we sign him?...

I would have thought a single question mark was more than adequate to express all of the above!!... :)

Adam Green is a left-back who plays (or played, don't know if he still does) for Fulham, he's 22 and has played a couple of times in Fulham's first team.

Seagull73

Sienna's Heaven
Jul 26, 2003
Not Lewes
Taylor159370 said:
Adam Green is a left-back who plays (or played, don't know if he still does) for Fulham, he's 22 and has played a couple of times in Fulham's first team.

So why would he want to sign for us if he is getting into Fulham's first-team?

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Taylor159370 said:

Thank you... to be honest, I don't think lb is a priority problem for us... Lynch is a v good player, and Kerry may just about be good enough as cover... any suggestions for a target man and central midfielder (have to be our top priorities, IMHO)?...

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
Seagull73 said:
So why would he want to sign for us if he is getting into Fulham's first-team?

He only got in a few times but looked ok. He has been released.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Les Biehn said:
He only got in a few times but looked ok. He has been released.

I bow to your superior footie knowledge... :bowdown:

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
B.W. said:
I bow to your superior footie knowledge... :bowdown:

You're probably better off bowing to my random knowledge of obscure players, that and film directors seem to be the only two things that actually stick in my head. Still quite handy if your two favourite things are football and film.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Les Biehn said:
You're probably better off bowing to my random knowledge of obscure players, that and film directors seem to be the only two things that actually stick in my head. Still quite handy if your two favourite things are football and film.

Yes, but although I have an opinion on the most significant gaps in our squad (target man, central midfielder), I rarely have much of an idea on who we should sign... I would have plumped for Shipperley and Paul Evans or Igoe BTW... any thoughts?...

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
What's Lord Bracknell done to get your goat up? I don't have a problem with him.

Schrödinger's Toad

Nie dla Idiotów
Jan 21, 2004
B.W. said:
Thank you... to be honest, I don't think lb is a priority problem for us... Lynch is a v good player, and Kerry may just about be good enough as cover... any suggestions for a target man and central midfielder (have to be our top priorities, IMHO)?...

I think left-back has to one of our priority positions; good though he is, Lynch is a far better centre-back than full-back. We suffered badly through a lack of one last year.

Jonnie Jackson's just signed for Colchester following his release from Spurs; he could have offered an option at LB, and is a decent midfielder ... sad to think we're a less attractive proposition than Colchester now. :(

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Repugnant Toad said:
I think left-back has to one of our priority positions; good though he is, Lynch is a far better centre-back than full-back. We suffered badly through a lack of one last year.

Jonnie Jackson's just signed for Colchester following his release from Spurs; he could have offered an option at LB, and is a decent midfielder ... sad to think we're a less attractive proposition than Colchester now. :(

More important than a striker?... and finding a central midfielder who can actually create chances, or take one or two himself?... I think not... just an opinion... I think you'll find that our opponents right wingers won't be as good as the ones in the CCC... to be honest, I don't know how good Lynch is at cb, since I've only seen him play lb...

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
philgull25 said:
we wont sign another lb cos we resigned mayo

100% agree... although that was a mistake, IMHO...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here