Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Something quite repulsive...

None of you has ever eaten black pudding, or blood sausage have you? How'd you like that steak, medium, rare... a little bit of blood in that succulent pink meaty filet?

Come on now people, most of you eat flesh. You already have blood inside your own body. A dog licked up some blood? no shit? Many dogs will eat shit too.

Hey, howabout those 'earth-mother' types who believe in frying up and noshing their own placenta, sharing some with the rest of the family? I bet there's even been some animal placenta in sausages! (along with animal nose, eyeballs, face, arse, genitals etc)

A dog or cat will, when giving birth, normally eat the afterbirth from her pups. The sac they have to chew away from some of the pups/kittens so they can breathe. They then, amazing but true, eat the stinky runny shits from their litter, until the pups leave the 'nest' and can go shit in the grass and dirt. It must be love, eh?

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
You do also realise that animals eat their placenta after the birth of their offspring don't you ? It's full of nutrients.

As a matter of fact its not that uncommon for some people to turn their afterbirth into a stew.

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
I wonder what the best way to cook a womans afterbirth is? As it's an internal organ (not technically an organ, I know) i'd imagine it tastes along the same lines of liver. Mabye a placenta and bacon stew would be nice. You could always just fry it like a steak, i think I'd have it well done though

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Billy the Fish said:
I wonder what the best way to cook a womans afterbirth is? As it's an internal organ (not technically an organ, I know) i'd imagine it tastes along the same lines of liver. Mabye a placenta and bacon stew would be nice. You could always just fry it like a steak, i think I'd have it well done though

I certainly have met someone who used heres in a chile, glad I never ate at her place !

Starry

Captain Of The Crew
Oct 10, 2004
Barrel of Fun said:

I believe some women choose to eat their own placenta's. Beats hospital food I am sure. At least you know where it has come from.

Romilly's is still in our freezer. I think we are going to plant it rather than stir fry it with some veggies.

Starry

Captain Of The Crew
Oct 10, 2004
Billy the Fish said:

Placenta Cocktail:
1/4 cup raw placenta
8oz V-8 juice
2 ice cubes
1/2 cup carrot.
Blend at high speed for 10 seconds

Placenta Lasagne:
Use your favorite Lasagne recipe and substitute this mixture for one layer of cheese. In 2 tbl. olive oil, quickly saute meat of 3/4 placenta, ground or minced; plus 2 sliced cloves of garlic, 1/2 tsp. oregano, 1/2 diced onion & 2 tbl. tomato paste, or 1 whole tomato.

Placenta Spaghetti:
Cut meat of 3/4 placenta into bite size pieces, then brown quickly in 1 tbl. butter plus 1 tbl. oil. Then add 1 large can tomato puree, 2 cans crushed pear tomatoes, 1 onion, 2 cloves of garlic, 1 tbl. molasses, 1 bay leaf, 1 tbl. rosemary, 1 tsp. ea. of salt, honey, oregano, basil, and fennel. Simmer 1 1/2 hours.

Placenta Stew:
Meat of 3/4 placenta in bite size chunks, 1 potato (cubed), 1/4 cup fresh parsley, 2 carrots, 3 ribs celery, 1 zucchini, 1 large tomato, 1 small onion. Dredge meat in 1 tbl. flour mixed with 1 tsp. salt, 1/2 tsp. paprika, pinch of cloves, pinch of pepper, 6-8 crushed coriander seeds. Saute meat in 2 tbl. oil, then add vegetables (cut up) and 4-5 cups of water. Bring to full boil, then simmer for 1 hour.

Placenta Pizza:
Grind placenta. Saute in 2 tbl. olive oil with 4 garlic cloves, then add 1/4 tsp. fennel, 1/4 tsp. pepper, 1/4 tsp. paprika, 1/4 tsp. salt, 1/2 tsp. oregano, 1/4 tsp. thyme, and 1/4 cup of wine. Allow to stand for 30 minutes, then use with your favorite home made pizza recipe. It's a fine placenta sausage topping.

Placenta Roast:

All "food" should be properly cleaned prior to cooking, and all "food" should be properly cooked prior to eating.

This is a good recipe for placenta, which should NOT go to waste:

INGREDIENTS:

1 to 3 lb. placenta no more than 3 days old
1 large onion
1 large green or red pepper (green will add color to the presentation)
1 cup tomato sauce
1 sleeve of saltine crackers
1 tsp crab or shrimp seasoning
1 tsp black pepper
1 tsp white pepper
1 clove garlic (roasted and minced)

DIRECTIONS:

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

Chop onion and green or red pepper in small cubes. Place in large bowl. Crush saltines into crumbs and add to onion and pepper cubes.

COMBINE IN LARGE BOWL:

Placenta, seafood seasoning, pepper, garlic, and tomato sauce. Place into aluminum loaf pan. Cover and bake for 1 and 1/2 hours, occasionally pouring off excess liquid. Retain liquid for gravy base if desired.

tedebear

Legal Alien
Jul 7, 2003
In my computer
Why did I open this thread....already feeling dodgy due to a heavy night on the sofa exploring the depths of a few bottles of wine...:( :down:

Starry

Captain Of The Crew
Oct 10, 2004
Race said:
Who is Romilly ???

The new baby. Poor child was nameless for ages then we registered her as Isadora and then, well, I must have been high or something because Isadora is not a good name for our baby girl, so we went back to the naming book and she's Romilly Estelle now.

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
Bry Nylon said:
My friend Lorraine had been out running, with her dog (Alasation / Lab cross bitch). She popped round on her way back for a cup of tea and a bowl of water for her hound...

... after a while I noticed blood on the floor tiles. Her dog, it transpired, is in season, and was menstruating on the floor...

...not a problem. I am a modern man, and embrace the miracle of life...

...BUT, before I could get to the kitchen roll, the THE DOG WAS LICKING IT UP...:nono:

That is wrong................fancy the dog beating you to it. Sorry you missed out:down:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here