Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Southampton Seating

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Oh...so people are going to be a dick about it.

Well I didnt do it at pompy, i didnt do it at bristol, i didnt do it at birmingham, I didnt do it at Watford, I didnt do it at Ipswich and Im not doing it at southampton! mwahahaha

didn't do it here, didn't do it there, didn't do it in my underwear, but I post on a message board asking whether I should or not....:catfight:

SI 4 BHA

Nov 12, 2003
westdene, brighton
it kind of is though. you get an allocated seat....

just saying.

The point is that you get to choose the seat you want to sit in at the theatre. At footy it's just a random allocation, you can be the first person to book and be allocated a seat in a corner or the first row of a stand, somewhere you would never choose to sit if other seats were available. It's not like a home game, where as a STH you are choosing a particular seat for the whole season. Away seating should always be unreserved imo, if you want to sit in the best seat, get there early, if you want to stay in the pub until kick off, you get whats left. What's the problem with that?

Bean

Feb 13, 2010
Hove
We all know it's going to be sit where you like, it always is.

D

Deleted member 18477

The point is that you get to choose the seat you want to sit in at the theatre. At footy it's just a random allocation, you can be the first person to book and be allocated a seat in a corner or the first row of a stand, somewhere you would never choose to sit if other seats were available. It's not like a home game, where as a STH you are choosing a particular seat for the whole season. Away seating should always be unreserved imo, if you want to sit in the best seat, get there early, if you want to stay in the pub until kick off, you get whats left. What's the problem with that?

the main problem is everyone is standing so you cant see where the spare seats are! that royally pisses me off!

not that i sit btw, its just a pain to find a spare 'space'.

Last edited by a moderator:

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
Jan 7, 2006
The majority of people stood where they wanted at Birmingham, and then about 5 mins before kick-off, a bloke with his missus and young daughter come and want to claim they're seats so me and Lucy moved along, and I just stood behind her all the game. In front of us were 3 pensioners who started moaning that everyone was standing, que for them to be told politely to sit down the front.

Surely common sense prevails, if you want to sit then sit down the front

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Sit where you like. If you are intent on your seat then get there by 2:15.

As all aways it will be see where your seat number is , if it is on the wings or near the front then bin this and sit where you like. Any challengers will be told to do one.

BHAFC_Pandapops

Citation Needed
Feb 16, 2011
i paid for my seat, and expect to sit there. f*** anyone says otherwise. you were allocated a seat. If you were so adamant that you sat with your buddies, ask the ticket people to see what they can do

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
Sit. WTF is that. The last two times we have played Southampton, I didn't realise there are seats to sit in as Jnr Skipper and I stood up for the whole game and half time. I have no idea what our seat numbers were.
Anyway because I don't have loyalty points I was unable to buy either a sitting or standing ticket. That's the trouble with supporting a decent team with lots of loyal fans. Whatever loyal is. I'm not bitter. (I am actually.)

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
I can't understand the difficulty in all of this. It is unfortunate if you can't sit with your friends, but it is completely selfish potentially forcing other friends to be split up for your benefit.

I will be sitting in the seats allocated with my Father and son, although I think they are near the back which is not ideal.

1) It's random allocation of tickets because that's the way that the home team's agent (ie BHA) chooses to market/sell the tickets to their supporters. If this concerns you then take it up the Albion, don't start telling me that I can't sit in the seat I've paid for or what time I have to be at the ground etc etc.
2) It's no different to the Amex (whether STH or not), I've a contract with the home club for a specified seat; if anyone won't let me sit there, the stewards can sort it out.
3) Unreserved seating (such as at Millwall) at all games - a fair enough view but US means that the section capacity has to be reduced (by 15% I think), would you be happy for your ticket price to be increased to compensate?

Chinman3000

Sep 28, 2011
I'm not usually fussed if people sit in their allocated seats or not, but now you've come on here whining like a little bitch I'm going to sit in my exact seat at Southampton and kick off if anyone's in it when I get there - hopefully it's you.

Kick off all you like. If it is me, I wont be moving :tosser:

patchamalbion

Feb 26, 2009
brighton
i think the issue is that theres lots of us who like standing the whole game, singing and generally enjoying the away game experience and the worry is that for away games you have no choice of where your seat is. This means that a group of 10 blokes wanting to stand all game giving the home fans some stick could be sat in row C with 4 elderly ladies sitting behind them....this then either ruins the game for one group.

sit where you want and generally a few will sit in front few rows and the rest will head further back.

i personally think (and this will get a few bites) everyone should stand for the whole game away games, especially the big and local ones.

Max Paper

Sunshiinnnnneeee
Nov 3, 2009
Testicles
I'm taking my 10 year old niece and her friend to her first ever Brighton game, it's a big suprise she knows nothing about it. If I get there, even at 2.55 and Someone is sitting in our seats I wil politely ask them to move. If they refuse, I will remove them myself. Got a problem with that? f*** you.

Ken Newbury

Feb 6, 2006
1/2 mile from LDC country
The simple fact is this, if a stand is sold as unallocated (i.e. a free for all) then the capacity of that stand has to be reduced by around 10%ish.

Therefore with the Southampton game specifically the 3000 tickets we were allocated would have to be reduced to 2700 if sold as unallocated seating meaning that around 300 Brighton fans would not be able to buy tickets.

The original poster or one of his mates could then have been in the 300 that missed out and he'd then be on here moaning he couldn't get a ticket . . .

bridge

Mar 16, 2011
Surely if people that desperate to sit with mates then they should add each other to friends and family on the ticket site. That way if someone buys all the tickets they will all be seated together.

That's what we did anyway.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here