Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Southampton Ticket Details

papajaff

Aug 7, 2005
Brighton
I've just been to the ticket office in person only to be told that they can't sell me Southampton tickets as they have to "concentrate on the Woking game".
I was trying to buy 6 tickets for myself and friends, all season ticket holders, 2 of whom live in Chichester and 1 in Guildford.
The ticket office and indeed the shop was empty at the time but I was told to try and book them online. The reason I always make the effort to visit the shop in person is because booking online ain't easy due to the club making it so bloody difficult.

So I'll continue to support the Albion despite the rules imposed by this stupid system.

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
eh? they turned you away for THAT reason? I'd be on the phone Ken Brown sharpish to complain!

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I've just been to the ticket office in person only to be told that they can't sell me Southampton tickets as they have to "concentrate on the Woking game".
I was trying to buy 6 tickets for myself and friends, all season ticket holders, 2 of whom live in Chichester and 1 in Guildford.
The ticket office and indeed the shop was empty at the time but I was told to try and book them online. The reason I always make the effort to visit the shop in person is because booking online ain't easy due to the club making it so bloody difficult.

So I'll continue to support the Albion despite the rules imposed by this stupid system.

How did you know the tickets were on sale?

If you'd read it on here or on the club site, why did you ignore the part about 'ONLY AVAILABLE ON LINE UNTIL MONDAY'?

Sorry for your wasted journey.

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
How did you know the tickets were on sale?

If you'd read it on here or on the club site, why did you ignore the part about 'ONLY AVAILABLE ON LINE UNTIL MONDAY'?

Sorry for your wasted journey.

which is exactly the problem with this "online only" scheme, people hear through word of mouth they are on sale and go to the club shop or phone up before checking online websites.
Also not everybody has a PC or access to the internet, I expect quite a few season ticket holders to be there tomorrow trying to buy Southampton tickets in person as they will be working on Monday...like this week....therefore wont get a ticket....its abit pants innit!

chimneys

Jun 11, 2007

So the rule that everyone is to buy on line until Monday, when they will go on sale in the shop and by phone applies to everyone but you. How very dare they!!

chimneys

Jun 11, 2007
which is exactly the problem with this "online only" scheme, people hear through word of mouth they are on sale and go to the club shop or phone up before checking online websites.
Also not everybody has a PC or access to the internet, I expect quite a few season ticket holders to be there tomorrow trying to buy Southampton tickets in person as they will be working on Monday...like this week....therefore wont get a ticket....its abit pants innit!

Will be true for lots of people but Papajaff clearly has access to the internet!!

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
Will be true for lots of people but Papajaff clearly has access to the internet!!

well duh :lolol:

still he/she may not of had access to the inernet until after they tried to buy, again its a flaw by the club!

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
well duh :lolol:

still he/she may not of had access to the inernet until after they tried to buy, again its a flaw by the club!

Its not a flaw - its totally deliberate.

They made it online ONLY for 4 days, so that a big chunk of people would actually use the facility and save the ticket office staff a load of work.

I for one have used it, for the first time [I always phone up] becuase they've done this. Now I have done, I'll probably use it more often in future. It was a good idea and its worked.

If they had opened the phone lines these last two days, the phones would have been engaged the whole time, and a FEW people would have given up on buying Woking tickets.

They have got this right, imo.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009

They made it online ONLY for 4 days, so that a big chunk of people would actually use the facility and save the ticket office staff a load of work.

I for one have used it, for the first time [I always phone up] becuase they've done this. Now I have done, I'll probably use it more often in future. It was a good idea and its worked.

If they had opened the phone lines these last two days, the phones would have been engaged the whole time, and a FEW people would have given up on buying Woking tickets.

Totally agree. I too have had problem with the online system but finally got my details sorted out and was able to buy to SCC tickets no problem. It was a surprisingly painless transaction and I'll certainly use the system again.

The club have been able to sell the best part of 2000 tickets for SCC without clogging up the phones and hassling the staff. The Albion have definitely got this one right.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Totally agree. I too have had problem with the online system but finally got my details sorted out and was able to buy to SCC tickets no problem. It was a surprisingly painless transaction and I'll certainly use the system again.

The club have been able to sell the best part of 2000 tickets for SCC without clogging up the phones and hassling the staff. The Albion have definitely got this one right.

And when they DO go on phone sale on Monday, there will be 2000 people LESS trying to ring up, thus making it much more painless for those who don't wish to use the online. EVERYONE is a winner.

Marc

Jul 6, 2003

yeah ok thats fair enough about the phonelines (but you're still discriminating against those without internet access).
But not in person until Monday is ridiculous as alot of people may only get the chance to visit the ticket office on a Saturday, you gotta admit thats a flaw as by next Saturday they may very well be sold out!

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
yeah ok thats fair enough about the phonelines (but you're still discriminating against those without internet access).
But not in person until Monday is ridiculous as alot of people may only get the chance to visit the ticket office on a Saturday, you gotta admit thats a flaw as by next Saturday they may very well be sold out!

See my post above yours.

How many people do you really know who don't have access to a PHONE?

227 BHA

Jul 5, 2003
Findon Valley, Worthing

Totally agree!

I too booked online for the first time for 2 and a mate of mine (after a call from me) did the same for 6 more!

This seems to prove (if us and HKFC are anything to go by???) that the club have been quite clever and astute in their policy on this one. If it gets more of us who are clearly capable of booking online (but go for the lazy option of phoning simply cos its what we're used to) doing so then this is a good warm up for the Amex shirley? :thumbsup:

Paddy B

Jul 5, 2003
Horsham
Why can't the club ring up each and everyone of us and ask how we would like to purchase tickets for each every high profile game?

Better still why can't Tony Bloom knock on our doors and offer the tickets for sale on our doorstep (with a PDQ machine accepting Visa, M/Card, Amex, Maestro and all other brands of card in the known world)

Honestly how are we going to fill Falmer with this sort of Third Division mentality?

Its an absolute disgrace:angry:

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006

We are the customers and they are the service providers, so why not employ more staff/phone lines to provide the service they are paid to do whilst they make their profit.

It is not the customers job to make it easier for the service provider but for service provider to make it easier for the customer.

Thats how you achieve customer satisfaction and likely to promote more business resulting in more profit.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
We are the customers and they are the service providers, so why not employ more staff/phone lines to provide the service they are paid to do whilst they make their profit.

It is not the customers job to make it easier for the service provider but for service provider to make it easier for the customer.

Thats how you achieve customer satisfaction and likely to promote more business resulting in more profit.

This exercise is clearly designed to gently nudge more people over to the online system. IF they find it works and is hassle free, then they WILL be happier with that service than waiting in a phone queue, and will achieve said 'greater customer satisfaction'.

Getting 2000 customers sorted now will then make the phone sales smoother next week too, so those customers are happier too.

Lets face it though, whatever they did, some people would moan, wouldn't they BigGully?

227 BHA

Jul 5, 2003
Findon Valley, Worthing

:wozza:

Great, and what are all those staff that they employ one week for a big game gonna do the next week when we're playing some nothern town team when only a few hundred tickets are needed?

Tell you what - why not stay at home in protest then? :thumbsup:

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here