Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Southampton vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
Potter in!

Sucking air in through his teeth like some kind of vacuum pump.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Let’s hope so, I really like Trossard and I think he’s one of our more creative players.
He’s been incredibly unlucky at times, that Manchester United game for example, we could have been talking about an unbelievable hat trick....

Team Trossard today.

Team Trossard worked out well...

Massive team effort today, three well deserved points, now let’s carry the momentum onto Newcastle and move further away.

neilbard

Hedging up
Oct 8, 2013
To be honest, neither of the penalty shouts looked remotely like a penalty. I'm still surprised the VAR wanker didn't manage to give one though.

I don't want to be arguing this all night because it was a fantastic win today, it's all about opinions,

I would just like to add as an aside that if we had been 1-2 behind and those two penalty appeals had gone against us, you could have bet a pound to a pinch of shite that this forum would have had a meltdown..:smile:

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
Yeah fair enough, you didn’t deserve that. I just find the doom mongers exasperating. Individuals like Connolly, Burn and Trossard slated week after week. It’s often so unjustified. I absolutely love it when they stick it to the doubters.

Not a problem and thanks.
I’m totally with you when it comes to the ‘so and so is not even a defender’ type threads. My negative comments were more in the spirit of a commentary on the match thread. I can see why it is irritating though

neilbard

Hedging up
Oct 8, 2013
Not one single Southampton player went to the ref to argue that it was inside the box. Tells the story.

But every Southampton player was up for the second appeal. Tells the story.

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria

Capture.JPG

R. Slicker

Jan 1, 2009

Last minute, with your team desperately needing a goal and your player falls over in the box. Doesn't really tell the story for me.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
... of modern players, who’ll do absolutely anything to get a decision.

Alas for Stains, Attwell actually had a very good game.

Indeed. I never understand the argument that we should take into account the strength of player appeals. PL players are mostly a bunch of cheats and nobody should ever consider their opinions on refereeing decisions.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Indeed. I never understand the argument that we should take into account the strength of player appeals. PL players are mostly a bunch of cheats and nobody should ever consider their opinions on refereeing decisions.

Fergie was the master, orchestrating a gang of shouting bullies led by the miserable whinny faces of Giggs and G.Neville. Intimidating refs.

It simply should have no bearing on decisions.

FamilyGuy

Jul 8, 2003
Crawley
Jesus Biss is poor today but Burn is really not having a good game today

It seems to me that - good though he is - Biss changed down a gear a few matches ago, perhaps he'd rather be playing for Arsenal?

tigertim68

Sep 3, 2012
Me too, it did look a penalty both times.

Neil I think your eyesight must be going , neither were a penalty , just enjoy the fact the Var on both decisions was correct , still can’t see how the ref can play advantage, then give them another chance at goal ,

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Huge win, good tactical change at HT changed the game for us. Many 8 pts will do it

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here