Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Stamford Bridge

chimneys

Jun 11, 2007
About the same as Anfield, which is full of wannabe scousers like yourself, your posts on here are so regularly peppered with scouse phrases that you may as well have an avatar stating how much you wish you had been born in liverpool, unfortunately you werent , and despite your parents allegedly being from liverpool, it just looks so false , almost like you're trying to reinforce whatever flimsy connection you have up there.

Article in the ECHO about lack of Scouse fans at Anfield

:bowdown::bowdown:

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
.... Nice ground tbh.
I agree with that. Out of all the grounds I've been too that have been 'done up' I think Chelsea's is actually better atmosphere-wise than it used to be. When I first went to Stamford Bridge it had a dog track and even after that had gone the oval shape and the basically open ends meant the atmosphere wasn't a patch on somewhere like White Hart Lane. But the last few times I've been there it's been really rocking, and they've got an extensive selection of songs that put our efforts to shame - plus the singing seems to come from all four stands.

If the Amex is half as good as Stamford Bridge and the Brighton fans half as noisy as the Chelsea ones it'll be brilliant next year.

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
I first went to Stamford Bridge in the early 70's - it was the game against Man Utd when George Best went awol and Alan Gowling came in. Depending on your perspective it was either a right old dump or full of character. A dog track and stands on stilts that made our Lego stand look like Wembley. There was a good atmosphere though. It does look much better than that now. Last time I went was Zola's first game for Chelsea - it was a still a decent atmosphere.

Aldo

Ruffian Revolution. STH.
Jul 15, 2008
Hove
About the same as Anfield, which is full of wannabe scousers like yourself, your posts on here are so regularly peppered with scouse phrases that you may as well have an avatar stating how much you wish you had been born in liverpool, unfortunately you werent , and despite your parents allegedly being from liverpool, it just looks so false , almost like you're trying to reinforce whatever flimsy connection you have up there.

Article in the ECHO about lack of Scouse fans at Anfield

Hit a very open nerve there did I?

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I went in 88 or 89 when we played there in the League after they dipped down for a season. The place was an utter khazi, half of it was derelict and the dogtrack meant you were a mile from the pitch. They just had that vast East stand on its own (the construction of which nearly bankrupted the club), surrounded by shabby cowsheds.

It looks unrecognisable now. Clever how they've integrated that old East stand and basically built the whole stadium from scratch around it.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
ground_arial_old.jpg

Before

sbridge.jpg

After

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
Possibly a bit late now but you can also change at Clapham and get the overground to west brompton, it's a 10 minute walk through the cemetary. A few pubs near the ground, So bar is one of their main pubs I think (used to be called the brittania) or there's a big pub near fulham broardway

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath
Hit a very open nerve there did I?
Not really, it just makes me laugh how you try to sell anfield as some kind of atmosphere mecca full of quick witted passionate scousers, anyone who has got the train to an away game at liverpool will be able to dispel that rumour, god knows why you're so keen to do that, i mean it's not like you're a scouser yourself is it ?

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath
Possibly a bit late now but you can also change at Clapham and get the overground to west brompton, it's a 10 minute walk through the cemetary. A few pubs near the ground, So bar is one of their main pubs I think (used to be called the brittania) or there's a big pub near fulham broardway
or you can get off at imperial wharf now , which is just as close.

Aldo

Ruffian Revolution. STH.
Jul 15, 2008
Hove
Not really, it just makes me laugh how you try to sell anfield as some kind of atmosphere mecca full of quick witted passionate scousers, anyone who has got the train to an away game at liverpool will be able to dispel that rumour, god knows why you're so keen to do that, i mean it's not like you're a scouser yourself is it ?

Anfield can and does produce one of the best atmospheres going, perhaps not against the smaller clubs like Blackburn, Bolton or Chelsea mind.

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath
For what it's worth, the atmosphere at big games,when we were full, even when our ground was the shithole it was , was twice as good as at big games now, with our shiny new stadium, and shiny new fans.

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath
Anfield can and does produce one of the best atmospheres going, perhaps not against the smaller clubs like Blackburn, Bolton or Chelsea mind.
oh im so wounded by your razor sharp(wannabe) scouse wit, why dont you use the words like "boss" and "la" etc like you do in a lot of your posts , or are you afraid of outing yourself as the wannabe you so clearly are ?

Aldo

Ruffian Revolution. STH.
Jul 15, 2008
Hove
oh im so wounded by your razor sharp(wannabe) scouse wit, why dont you use the words like "boss" and "la" etc like you do in a lot of your posts , or are you afraid of outing yourself as the wannabe you so clearly are ?

No context in which they would of been used. I don't want to be anything, half family from Liverpool which I'm proud of, as am the other half Brighton. Thanks for nibbling though.

chimneys

Jun 11, 2007

Ahh-that will explain "Football was invent before 1992 lad." which he used in a response to me. Now you tell me he's a plastic whinger!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here