Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Starting XI vs The franchise

les dynam

Oct 10, 2008
Hove
And if you "bothered to read the article", you would see that it implies he is not ready to start tomorrow due to fitness and speed of game concerns.

eh? since when did 'implies' mean 'this is what will happen'

i guess we'll see who plays and who doesn't tomorrow afternoon. point i was making was that since he arrived, gus has mainly played his 433 system yet loads of posters are talking about playing 442 tomorrow afternoon. is it nerdy to notice your own team's formation? no.

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
I think Murray might call it 4-5-1 but you're right Gus has played 4-3-3 often. So what has Barnes' role been alongside Murray in the early part of the season? Would you call that 4-3-3?

les dynam

Oct 10, 2008
Hove
I think Murray might call it 4-5-1 but you're right Gus has played 4-3-3 often. So what has Barnes' role been alongside Murray in the early part of the season? Would you call that 4-3-3?

whilst we chased lua lua gus stuck barnes in that spot, albeit playing a bit closer to murrey. it didn't really work in my book.

had to re-plan a bit in the rochdale game once greer had been sent off, so the formation changed. against walsall barnes was pushed up top in the second half, not sure where murrey was meant to play - so yes perhaps we played 442 for a while against walsall, but it was more likely a 433 with murrey swapping with barnes or bennet.

swindon away barnes played that wide forward left role. didn't go to sheffield.

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
whilst we chased lua lua gus stuck barnes in that spot, albeit playing a bit closer to murrey. it didn't really work in my book.

had to re-plan a bit in the rochdale game once greer had been sent off, so the formation changed. against walsall barnes was pushed up top in the second half, not sure where murrey was meant to play - so yes perhaps we played 442 for a while against walsall, but it was more likely a 433 with murrey swapping with barnes or bennet.

swindon away barnes played that wide forward left role. didn't go to sheffield.

You can see why your assertion that "Gus will almost always play his 4-3-3" was perhaps a little over simplistic then?

I like 4-5-1 myself - esp with two genuine and dnagerous wingers and with a couple of bosses in the middle. Whatever happens on Saturday, it should be exciting! [Just had the sudden feeling that the wheels might come off and MK run through the midfield as we over commit to attack and we lose 4-1. Shudder]

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
with Hamman pulling the strings from the centre circle and Chadwick running through from deep MK have a very very dangerous midfield. To counter it I feel we will play five in midfield with Bridcutt looking out for Chadwick and Kishishev pushing up on Hamman. That will leave Sparrow to get forward to support Murray (or Bennett cutting inside when Spaz can't get forward).

1-0 will do for me

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
I'll go with this.... 4-5-1

Brezovan (if fit)

Calderon
Elphick
Greer
Painter

Bennett
Sparrow
Bridcutt/Kish
Dicker
Lua Lua

Murray

Stu, thats bang on for me Kishishev must play but other than that I am with you.

Gav1901

Banned
May 14, 2008
Southwick
Now Poyet said there's going to be changes that might not go down well with the players and maybe the crowd i think Murray, Elphick, Ankergren and Kishishev will be dropped to the bench.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
eh? since when did 'implies' mean 'this is what will happen'

i guess we'll see who plays and who doesn't tomorrow afternoon. point i was making was that since he arrived, gus has mainly played his 433 system yet loads of posters are talking about playing 442 tomorrow afternoon. is it nerdy to notice your own team's formation? no.

It is when the manager has said he would prefer 4-4-2...

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton
Now Poyet said there's going to be changes that might not go down well with the players and maybe the crowd i think Murray, Elphick, Ankergren and Kishishev will be dropped to the bench.

Why would he drop Murray ? Ok he didn't have the best of games against Orient but was our best player in our other two home league games

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
If anybody, he'll drop Barnes, but I think not for this one...

El-Abd will be dropped if Greer plays...

Too soon for Brez, maybe?

I reckon it will be Kish and Sparrow in centre-mid...

Ecosse Exile

May 20, 2009
Alicante, Spain
Ankergren

Calderon
Painter
Greer
Elphick

Bennett
Sparrow
Kishishev
Smith
Lua Lua

Murray

Subs
Brezovan
El-Abd
Bridcutt
Dicker
Battipiedi
Barnes
Sandaza

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Ankergren

Calderon
Painter
El Abd
Elphick

Bennett
Sparrow
Kishishev
Lua Lua

Murray
Barnes

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
.......................... Brez .....................

Calderon ... Elphick ... Greer ... Painter

Bennett .. Sparrow .. Navarro .. LuaLua

................ Murray ... Sandaza ...........

That is one hell of a team! Come on Brez and Navarro, get back and get ready!!

Gerbil

Nsc's most loved
Jul 6, 2003
Stalking Hayley

He won't drop Elphick or Murray

brightonmark1234

Feb 9, 2010
Worthing
we hav got to get someone to close down Dietmar Hamann really quick or he will run the game for them and everything goes though him from what i watched from the game against hartlepool last saturday.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here