Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Stephens to Burnley (deal now confirmed)

saafend_seagull

Jul 5, 2003
BN1
So we thought we had some (rather dull / boring) inside info, but it turns out it all came to light after a daily mirror article appeared as it so happens. And Potter hasn’t heard anything yet NSC posters have? Seems there was some guesswork going on...

It’s clear he’ll prob go, but the ‘itk’ posts about it being done / him travelling up there etc are / were wrong! Same old NSC / Chinese whispers!

Potters very dull and won’t ever let anything out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

albion534

Mar 4, 2010
Brighton, United Kingdom
Good luck to him. He reminds me when everyone turned on Dean Hammond, does the dirty work, the tidying up that nobody gets praise for

Good luck to him and hopefully Burnley appreciate him more than we did

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
I'd suggest this kills off Molumby's chances for a loan deal unless we sign someone new...

On Stephens, I wish him nothing but the best (except against us). This could be the end of the clubs social media presence though, a good 40% of match day tweets to the admin are "I can't believe Stephens is starting" tweets.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
You’ve gone from 70’s to 60’s [emoji23][emoji2]
But Komoany had the respect of the team.
Drove others on and led by example.
He wasn’t afraid at issuing a rollicking either.

All of which I would suggest were qualities of Nobby.

Venn diagram. Three degrees of separation. A bell is a cup until it's struck......

Yeah, OK, I suspect we sort of agree :lolol: :thumbsup:

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I'd suggest this kills off Molumby's chances for a loan deal unless we sign someone new...

On Stephens, I wish him nothing but the best (except against us). This could be the end of the clubs social media presence though, a good 40% of match day tweets to the admin are "I can't believe Stephens is starting" tweets.

Don't worry - there's still the "WhY is EVIL pOttER cOach not starting JaHabaKSh!?" and "Where is the Lion of Judah?"

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
Don't worry - there's still the "WhY is EVIL pOttER cOach not starting JaHabaKSh!?" and "Where is the Lion of Judah?"

Thank God for that! I completely forgot the AJ and Tau loons... Oh, and all the Leeds fans claiming credit for White and tagging #bhafc in to tell us we're obsessed with them.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003

I hope that you are ready for a bounce this evening :smile:

(And yes I do know who that was directed at, but I won’t be able to resist :wink:)

GOM

living vicariously
Aug 8, 2005
Leeds - but not the dirty bit
Good luck to him. He reminds me when everyone turned on Dean Hammond, does the dirty work, the tidying up that nobody gets praise for

Good luck to him and hopefully Burnley appreciate him more than we did

Most of us did /do appreciate what he did, it was only a vocal minority that were unable to see what he did.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
For those keen to understand the latest details of Dale's whereabouts and his trips to Burnley or the Lanes or Lancing then The Argus has this >>

"The midfielder is understood to be heading to London today - rather than Preston, where Albion are in action - to tie up details.
He will undergo a medical with Clarets' staff who are in the capital for their team’s Carabao Cup tie at Millwall."
https://www.theargus.co.uk/sport/18741341.dale-stephens-moves-closer-burnley-deal/

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
From the Lancashire Telegraph.....

Stephens, who is cup tied after playing in Brighton's second round win over Portsmouth, is believed to be costing an initial £1million, with the potential to rise to £2.5m with add-ons over the course of a two-year deal.

Add in a £2m a year salary saving and that’s probably a good deal

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
Absolute bargain for Burnley that is. But a hefty chunk of wage bill saved for us.

Good luck to the man I will always love him.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I hope that you are ready for a bounce this evening :smile:

(And yes I do know who that was directed at, but I won’t be able to resist :wink:)

That's cool. If the lad puts in another decent performance against lower league opposition, I'll happily afford him all the credit he deserves :wink:

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
You just know he’s going to be a shit house against us when he plays

I can see Connolly and Maupay sprinting onto his back passes now!

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009
I've not overly familiar with Burnley's midfield - is he likely to be a regular starter?

Usually they have a crick in their necks, as they watch the high balls sail over them to Barnes and Woods.:wink:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here