Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Stephens to Burnley (deal now confirmed)

SockMonster

Oct 12, 2007
Brighton
We have lost some very experienced players in this window. Duffy, Murray, Montoya and Stephens. Effectively replaced by White, Lallana, Veltman and.........................???

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Usually they have a crick in their necks, as they watch the high balls sail over them to Barnes and Woods.:wink:

ain't that the truth, it has served them well in the past though.
I have a deep dislike for Burnley after a few years ago we had our Christmas party in the Goldstone suite for the game v Burnley (I think it was a boring game 0-0)
This old Burnley fan was in the suite and was telling everyone who would listen, we are a nice little club and could become a Burnley if we had the right attitude and style !!
It was also his birthday or something that week, so they gave him a cake with the Burnley crest on and people clapped and sang happy birthday.
I boooooooeeed loudly.....

Smug ol'git

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
We have lost some very experienced players in this window. Duffy, Murray, Montoya and Stephens. Effectively replaced by White, Lallana, Veltman and.........................???

A rather decent Irish international midfielder?

Curious Orange

Punxsatawney Phil
Jul 5, 2003
On NSC for over two decades...
Hendrick is far more attacking, non? I'd expect him to compete with Brownhill, but again I'm far from fluent in Burnley-Midfielder-ese

Hendrick was who Burnley turned to when they couldn't get Stephens.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Hendrick is far more attacking, non? I'd expect him to compete with Brownhill, but again I'm far from fluent in Burnley-Midfielder-ese

I make you right. Hendrick played / plays wider and further forward. I'd expect them to line up with Dale and Jack Cork in the centre, with Brownhill pushing wide to make way.

(Once Cork is back from injury. Ashley Westwood played in the centre in their first game)

Last edited:

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Quite telling that we've sold him to a "rival" - indicates that we don't feel he'll particularly improve them.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Quite telling that we've sold him to a "rival" - indicates that we don't feel he'll particularly improve them.

Their squad is very, very thin (Hendrick, Lennon, Gibson, Hart all out and no replacements signed at all, Mee, Cork and Barnes all yet to return from long injuries) so he will very definitely improve the depth of their SQUAD, if not necessarily adding massively to the quality of their starting XI

Last edited:

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
We need to be careful here, with Solly improving so much we could well be in danger of not having one single player to inexplicably dislike :ohmy:

Ryan and Webster still have their 'fan clubs'. And worry not - March could NEVER improve to the extent that some of his detractors would ever admit they might have been wrong.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA

I can see your point re Hendricks...but I think DS can cover both the positions you refer to ...played a lot more forward against Pompey last week...we shall see

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

BevBHA

Jan 23, 2017
Thanks Dale. Another high earner off the pay roll. Yes would of been nice to keep for experience but good to see us doing right by the player sometimes. Makes us more attractive to future targets. And we can’t afford to have a player on 45-50k a week not even in the match day squad.

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
Stephens is a good trusty, reliable defensive midfielder who has done a great job for us. His only weakness is his inability to hit the target let alone score when an opportunity falls to his feet which has always been a frustration for me.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Stephens is a good trusty, reliable defensive midfielder who has done a great job for us. His only weakness is his inability to hit the target let alone score when an opportunity falls to his feet which has always been a frustration for me.

Cue him 'scoring for fun' for the Clarets then...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here