Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Stephens to Burnley (deal now confirmed)

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Sad to see him go but clearly not part of the on-going Potter revolution

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Our best holding midfielder since the First Division days, he played his part in countless Albion wins in the top two divisions, contributing to many happy moments in this fantastic Albion era. Always appreciated by his teammates and most supporters.

All the best Dale.

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
A major, major part of our promotion.

A few ignorami in recent years clueless regarding his input.

Cheers Dale, all the best with Ash.

That effortless strike at Wigan.....

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Like so many players lately, you know it's time, but singed with sadness for what they've done for us over the last few years.

Good luck Dale, but not against us.

I'm guessing this means Molumby isn't going anywhere.

Last edited:

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
Dale Stephens, cheers, six years is a long time at a football club. We will always have fond memories of a loyal servant. Good luck with your new club, we hope you play well but not against us please.

y2dave

Jul 23, 2003
Bracknell
So long vice Captain, thanks for the memories

A reminder that he wasn't just a holding midfielder, some really composed and powerful finishing in that mix. Deserves the chance to continue at premier league level and glad the club have been reasonable on allowing his transfer.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Quality player, perhaps the best central midfielder I’ve ever seen play for us. Like Duffy, he probably doesn’t suit Potter’s style so the move makes sense, but that doesn’t take away from the fact that under the majority of managers he was and is a fantastic player. He will go down as seriously underrated by many.

I actually think he fit quite well, excellent passing and tactical awareness. He is more playmaker than workhorse in my opinion.

People are going to see him dictate the play in Burnley and say "hey, why didnt he play like this here?". But he did (at least the year I got to see him), people just didnt want to see it because he wasnt fancy or exotic. He is a bit slow but definitely a decent PL level footballer.

Him leaving is more about other players rapidly developing rather than his alleged lack of creativity. The "only passes sideways or backwards" stuff is complete nonsense.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Like so many players lately, you know it's time, but singed with sadness for what they've done for us over the last few years.

Good luck Dale, but not against us.

I'm guessing this means Molumby isn't going anywhere.

I bloody well hope that's right! Bit worrying are suggestions that he wants to go back to Millwall unless he gets regular first team football here (I think he would, but we're never going to guarantee that). Could be that Potter favours Sanders, but that seems one hell of a risk - surely the argument for his development, having had a successful season in League 1, is another successful season, this time in The Championship, a la Ben White.

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
This window is Potters night of the long knives

Reminds me of work where we had a new CEO and he gave his direct reports a few months before sacked three of them, one each on consecutive Fridays. Focused a few minds.

Anyway, great player, Albion legend, thanks for the memories and all the best For the new challenge

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
Dale was very very solid for us in the Championship and I’ll fight anyone who says otherwise. But I won’t be a hypocrite... I always felt he was a weak link in the PL. So many times in games moves broke down when they got to him, he was not quick enough, had a clunky touch and not great at first time passing.

He is a terrific pro, no doubt about that.

I’m genuinely curious to see how he’ll do at Burnley, my suspicion is he’ll largely be a squad player.

This cull has been long coming. No surprises for me so far. Propper will be next.

Mike Small

Dec 26, 2008
I actually think he fit quite well, excellent passing and tactical awareness. He is more playmaker than workhorse in my opinion.

People are going to see him dictate the play in Burnley and say "hey, why didnt he play like this here?". But he did (at least the year I got to see him), people just didnt want to see it because he wasnt fancy or exotic. He is a bit slow but definitely a decent PL level footballer.

Him leaving is more about other players rapidly developing rather than his alleged lack of creativity. The "only passes sideways or backwards" stuff is complete nonsense.

Agree. In our second PL season he had absolutely nothing in front of him to pass to bar a completely isolated Murray. He could only pass sideways or backwards. He’s been instrumental for us getting to where we are and was class above in the Championship. Think he should go just wish it wasn’t to that Burnley dump.

thedonkeycentrehalf

Moved back to wear the gloves (again)
Jul 7, 2003
Sad to see him go but probably a good move for him and us.

The big question is, who will the total twunt who sits behind me in the WSU get to moan about next now Dale has gone (at least he'll have plenty of time to think about it before we get back to the Amex)

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
Sad to see him go but probably a good move for him and us.

The big question is, who will the total twunt who sits behind me in the WSU get to moan about next now Dale has gone (at least he'll have plenty of time to think about it before we get back to the Amex)

Yup, I had the exact same directly behind me.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here