Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Sussex Uni car park today

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Worse than The Bridge getting out today, and I still haven’t.

I don’t dish out that kind of insult easily.
Wow. Which bit did you park in? We parked in the Uni car park too but were back in Worthing at 4.50pm (before you got out the car park it seems!).

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Wow. Which bit did you park in? We parked in the Uni car park too but were back in Worthing at 4.50pm (before you got out the car park it seems!).
At the top/back. Looking at the map below, it's marked as Car Park 1.

This is the only car park I've ever parked in at the university, but we always aim to be parking up around an hour before kick-off. I assume the car parks lower down fill up with people who arrive earlier.

I always park in the very top right of this car park - close to Estates Road, which we take to exit, turning right onto Boiler House Hill and then following on to the Eastern Ring Road.

I made my drop-off in Durrington at 17:40.

Screenshot 2024-09-22 at 21.02.04.png

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005

This is the only car park I've ever parked in at the university, but we always aim to be parking up around an hour before kick-off. I assume the car parks lower down fill up with people who arrive earlier.

I always park in the very top right of this car park - close to Estates Road, which we take to exit, turning right onto Boiler House Hill and then following on to the Eastern Ring Road.

View attachment 189275
Blimey that’s bad luck. We parked in the exact same place. We did dash on the final whistle as we always do but amazing that we were back near field place nearly an hour before you got back there. Must have been something that happened close behind us. Probably caused by our driver.

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
How are the trains getting home these days? First time in ages that I’d walked past Falmer Station, huge queues of folk. Are the staff able to prevent queue jumping to join mates in the first bit?
I normally wander over to the West after the game and see a few mates. I just wanted to get away today so for the first time in a long time joined the fray straight after the game finished. I stayed to the final whistle and got to the back of the train queue for Lewes and got on what I think was the 4th train out at 16.51. 3 and a half hours later and a wonderful drive through torrential rainstorms and I'm back in Warwickshire.

Today reaffirmed what I always knew. If you stay to the final whistle, there is absolutely no point joining the train queue straight away.

cheesy77

Feb 18, 2009
In case he is reading this thread - thumbs up to the coach driver from Pyecombe who was not averse to queue-jumping in his coach.
He also had a good playlist with his music, I found myself singing along to some old favourites like the Stephens/Propper song, Denis Undav, Jeremy Sarmiento, although it took a while to remember who the voulez-vous song was for.:ascarf:

I was on this coach as well. He started out queueing patiently in the correct lane on the A23, then clearly got pissed off with everyone else queue jumping so starting taking some risks. Good lad.

Said he was a season ticket holder himself so was hoping to get parked up for the game

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
In case he is reading this thread - thumbs up to the coach driver from Pyecombe who was not averse to queue-jumping in his coach.
He also had a good playlist with his music, I found myself singing along to some old favourites like the Stephens/Propper song, Denis Undav, Jeremy Sarmiento, although it took a while to remember who the voulez-vous song was for.:ascarf:
Did the Pyecombe buses leave from where the other ones do today? I stupidly went to the drop off point, got on the wrong bus and ended up in town. Got some food then had to get a bloody Uber back to Pyecombe, by which point our car was the only one left 🙁

Winker

CUM ON FEEL THE NOIZE
Jul 14, 2008
The Astral Planes, man...
Did the Pyecombe buses leave from where the other ones do today? I stupidly went to the drop off point, got on the wrong bus and ended up in town. Got some food then had to get a bloody Uber back to Pyecombe, by which point our car was the only one left 🙁

When we got off the coach we were told after the game to go up the coach park steps and turn left.
We got on the coach next to where the Mill Road queue emerged from the other steps.

Lindfield by the Pond

Jan 10, 2009
Lindfield (near the pond)
I arrived at the Bridge at 08:00 this morning. No problem parking. Took our Powerchair team to Bracknell. We lost 2-0, and then 4-0. Got back at 19:00. No problems getting out. 😀

Oct 3, 2023
Yes, this was the issue for some. We were dropped off in original spot at Uni of Brighton and driver said to return from there. Turns out they were parked in coach park

Greavsey

Jul 4, 2007

View attachment 189275

WE parked in exactly the same place, and usually do the same exit. I think, as someone else said, the problem was that they weren't allowing much (any) traffic through from Estates Road direction for a while for some reason. That is until a few massive blokes got out of their cars and shouted at the marshals to even up the traffic flow.

One of the regular marshals who seems to be in charge (a chap with a ponytail), is usually very good and asked me last season how we found the experience exiting from the estates road direction, which at the time was very good!

ForestRowSeagull

Jan 6, 2011
Now Brixton
I do your precise tactics (guess it’s not rocket science) and have noticed it getting slightly worse bit by bit every time I’ve used it over this year. Am on the cusp of not bothering given the price rise to 18 quid too. I guess if more don’t bother, it will get better for those that do.

The success of Pyecombe I think means the club should look at more P&R options
Out of interest what is the average time after the game that you'd expect to get back to Pycombe? I drive back to SE London and just figuring if its an option

mrjon1976

Found bliss in ignorance
Jul 25, 2011
gravesend
My issue with Pyecombe is the drop off / pick up at the Amex - more specifically, the lack of communication.

The last couple of times I have used it last season, we have had to walk around the stadium and coach park looking for the bus back, with no one seemingly having any idea at all. this is a shame as for us, Pyecombe works perfectly for us as we travel down from Kent, but it does seem that the lack of communication on the pick up is a bit of a downer.

I did email Seagull Travel (who I believe organise the transport) and to say they couldnt give a toss would be an understatement.

Miximate

Aug 30, 2012
Mid Sussex
Used Pyecombe P&R having seen it discussed on NSC. Is there any method/science as to when they use it as just seems hit and miss if you are lucky to keep checking the website before its sold out.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here