Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Syria vote Labour demands evidence

Sergei's Celebration

Jan 3, 2010
I've come back home.
I believe Assad did use chemical weapons on the 21st.

I believe this wasn't the first time he has and has been pushing the boundaries to see what our reaction is.

I believe we have a moral and legal responsibility to act against those that use chemical, biological, nuclear or radiological weapons, especially against there own people.

AQ are only a small part of the oposition and it's not about sides its about enforcing a very old and very well respected policy. If you use chemical weapons you'll get smacked.

I believe cost shouldn't be an issue when it comes to international law (use of chemical weapons).

loz

Apr 27, 2009
W.Sussex
There have been pictures of the planes dropping them and a UN inspector looking at a shell that delivered it, also the recorded phone intercepts from the Assad regime

I would not believe all you see on the TV.

It was well reported that the turkish army found the "rebels" had stored there own sarin gas, in tunnels near the turkish boarder, they were/have used them on the Syrian kerds.

I cant understand why we would want rid of Assads secular Baath party and replace it with the Mad mullers of Islam fundamentalists...better the devil you know.

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
This war when it happens was decided a very long time ago

Prob true, screw the russkis its all about weakening Iran and by this taking out its main allie will probably also take out Hizbollah as well. Cant say I have a problem with that. May actually help stabalise the region.

pork pie

Dec 27, 2008
Pork pie land.

I believe this wasn't the first time he has and has been pushing the boundaries to see what our reaction is.

I believe we have a moral and legal responsibility to act against those that use chemical, biological, nuclear or radiological weapons, especially against there own people.

AQ are only a small part of the oposition and it's not about sides its about enforcing a very old and very well respected policy. If you use chemical weapons you'll get smacked.

I believe cost shouldn't be an issue when it comes to international law (use of chemical weapons).

Just solong as the "cost" is not your own life hey?

martyn20

Unwell but still smiling
Aug 4, 2012
Burgess Hill
No it is not at all. The arabs are not like us, that is not calling them stupid. They will believe what their religious leaders tell them, they still have tribal leaders in many cases, they are not used to te concept of all having one vote, and if your side don't win, then you keep quiet and accept the majority decission for 4, 5 of however many years.

Look at Russia, they have rejected democracy and are thriving under the dictatorship of Putin.

Yep no political prisoners in Russia and no demonstrations ever, they are thriving!

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
So you just sit back and watch the innocent get gassed?

I suggest you grow up and deal with the issue at hand, not spout your misguided rhetoric.

Innocents are getting gassed, and you want to play silly games.

TB

So how many friends have you lost to a war that was based on lies? And when are you going to go and sort this out tough man? You're such an idiot, such a jackass beyond worth getting angry over because the army wouldn't let you near them, that I'm not going to continue arguing with you. Except to say you have so much growing up to do and thank god those making decisions aren't as simple as you. Regardless which path they follow. If you walked into any of our royal legions now, with your views, the veterans would slap you so hard you'd be shitting your teeth out your backside for breakfast. And you'd deserve it.

hybrid_x

Banned
Jun 28, 2011

proof? because the MSM showed some footage of some blokes in gasmasks looking at small things in a room full of rubble? actors mate.

did you also fall for the Iraw WMD nonsense too? I really want to know this?

IMO the 'labour are waiting' thing is just a smokescreen as I think the UK are trembling as the Russians said we should wait.

Heheh....droppping bombs on people is now called "a moral intervention."

So when your kids are fighting, one should use voilence as moral interventions?

psycopaths, and those that believe and follow them, fools.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
No, if you look at your history, it was down to those commie bustards, who lost 20 million people in the war

Do you really think he's read a history book?! Any book for that matter. Plenty of magazines probably, but AJP Taylor he ain't.

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
Is it possible that the US dropped these gas canisters from stealth aircraft (as an excuse to 'get involved')? Very possibly not but who knows?

Also @ the people saying about putting our troops back in danger. I can't see how that is possible if these cruise missiles are being fired from hundreds of miles away? Of course if we went in toe to toe that's a whole new situation.

Hatterlovesbrighton

something clever
Jul 28, 2003
Not Luton! Thank God

This

Tory Boy

Jun 14, 2004
Brighton
So how many friends have you lost to a war that was based on lies? And when are you going to go and sort this out tough man? You're such an idiot, such a jackass beyond worth getting angry over because the army wouldn't let you near them, that I'm not going to continue arguing with you. Except to say you have so much growing up to do and thank god those making decisions aren't as simple as you. Regardless which path they follow. If you walked into any of our royal legions now, with your views, the veterans would slap you so hard you'd be shitting your teeth out your backside for breakfast. And you'd deserve it.
More gutless rhetoric. It's irrelevant how many people I've lost in wars.

The issue, which you clearly wish to avoid, is do we do something against those that gas civilians or not.

You are happy to sit back and do nothing but pontificate, I beg to differ.

TB

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
Why is it ok for women and children to be shot, blown to pieces,bombed and shelled( by both sides, by the way), but if you gas them then the west gets all het up, and wants to bomb more innocent civilians, to prove how immoral it is to kill civilians. If the west bombs the nerve gas supplies, they dont just magically disappear, they hang around and kill more people. If we wanted to get involved in this bloodbath, it should have been two years ago.

That's how I see it. 1 million plus refugees, God knows how many dead but at least 93,000. Then under a thousand die from a chemical attack and the West pretends to do something. BUT they don't want to. something should have been done 2 years ago as you say. I worked in Riyadh for 2 years and met many Syrian fellow teachers. I drove to Syria for a 2 week trip with the missus and they are great people. We visited my mate Mustapha's family in his village near Aleppo and now It's hard to accept that the best outcome for them is to be in a refugee camp rather than dead. This is the real tragedy.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here