Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Music] Taylor Swift at Wembley?

HeaviestTed

I’m eating
NSC Patron
Mar 23, 2023
Is NSC really going to get into a discussion about Taylor bleeding Swift??..... I thought this board was for crusty old Boomer/Gen x-ers and all things Albion, not a board for teeny twinks and their facination with a sparkly clad Barbie doll from across the pond.
God you are right, I wonder whether de zerbi was sacked or if it was mutual?

Zeberdi

“Vorsprung durch Technik”
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
In August we’ll be heading to Vienna to watch Taylor Swift, then later in the month we’ll be at Doomsday Fest in Brighton watching the likes of Hellripper and Foetal Juice,
There’s no accounting for an eclectic taste :wink:

One of the reasons I find NSC so appealing.

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Is NSC really going to get into a discussion about Taylor bleeding Swift??..... I thought this board was for crusty old Boomer/Gen x-ers and all things Albion, not a board for teeny twinks and their facination with a sparkly clad Barbie doll from across the pond.
I wonder if Graham Potter likes Taylor Swift?

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
So if anyone has a daughter who attended the big thing at Swift gigs is to swap friendship bracelets. My daughter & her housemate made a few with tags on such as ‘Cocaine Problems’ 🤣

EliasTaproot

Oct 31, 2022
I see a lot of old school misogyny, sexism, and deeply insecure users in this thread. Why is it that people who have no interest in a topic feel the need to come in and be derogatory towards users talking about it or the topic itself? It happens in loads of threads, from TV shows, to other sports like F1 and NFL, to now Taylor Swift.

To quote Taylor herself: “I don’t think you should ever have to apologize for your excitement. Just because something’s cliche doesn’t mean it’s not awesome. The worst kind of person is someone who makes someone feel bad, dumb or stupid for being excited about something”.

Some of you are acting like the worst kind of person.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
So if anyone has a daughter who attended the big thing at Swift gigs is to swap friendship bracelets. My daughter & her housemate made a few with tags on such as ‘Cocaine Problems’ 🤣
I had one that reads Barber Out

IMG_3670.jpeg

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I see a lot of old school misogyny, sexism, and deeply insecure users in this thread. Why is it that people who have no interest in a topic feel the need to come in and be derogatory towards users talking about it or the topic itself? It happens in loads of threads, from TV shows, to other sports like F1 and NFL, to now Taylor Swift.

To quote Taylor herself: “I don’t think you should ever have to apologize for your excitement. Just because something’s cliche doesn’t mean it’s not awesome. The worst kind of person is someone who makes someone feel bad, dumb or stupid for being excited about something”.

"People have different opinions on internet messageboard SHOCK"

Look. This isn't a Taylor Swift fanboard for everyone to gush over her. I've skim-read the thread and maybe I've missed it, but I haven't noticed anything overly derogatory, mysogynistic or abusive on this thread, other than the word "shite" being used. Many of the posts are raving about her, and her concerts.

Cool your jets Karen.

PascalGroß Tips

Jan 29, 2024

Some people just can’t help themselves and just have to comment on everything. I said earlier in the thread how I just ignore/scroll on past comments and discussions about musicians/singers/bands I have no interest in. I don’t want to waste my time or disrupt a thread by making unnecessary derogatory comments. If I don’t like someone or something, that’s on me and I understand that others will get excited about a new album or live performance. But there you go…

schmunk

"Members"
Jan 19, 2018
Mid mid mid Sussex

That's the worst kind of person? Really?

gettyimages-515661900.jpg

Just because Taylor Swift said it, it doesn't mean it's true...

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003

Really? In the context of the internet, I think this has been a pretty balanced and positive discussion. There are a few post that flirt with misogyny but they are pretty easily skipped.

For the record I am fairly ambivalent about TS and her music, it's not offensive to me and she writes a decent tune but I wouldn't seek it out (that song someone posted earlier was indeed good).

However, the phenomena of her is interesting to me as someone interested in music. I hope that my ambivalence is not making anyone feel dumb or less excited about her.

Although I have been accused of being a Swifty with the suggestion I stalk her exes, so I guess I am doing alright. I'll just shake that one off 😂b

BiffyBoy

Aug 20, 2012
Really? In the context of the internet, I think this has been a pretty balanced and positive discussion. There are a few post that flirt with misogyny but they are pretty easily skipped.

For the record I am fairly ambivalent about TS and her music, it's not offensive to me and she writes a decent tune but I wouldn't seek it out (that song someone posted earlier was indeed good).

However, the phenomena of her is interesting to me as someone interested in music. I hope that my ambivalence is not making anyone feel dumb or less excited about her.

Although I have been accused of being a Swifty with the suggestion I stalk her exes, so I guess I am doing alright. I'll just shake that one off 😂b
I have to agree, and I'm the one who blamed BadFish for vicious social media attacks on John Mayer, Barry Styles, and Jake Gyllenhaal. Now I find out BadFish isn't even a Swiftie.

This is a football forum (predominantly men), not a Taylor Swift fan club, so you have to expect different opinions. That's what makes it interesting.

You could definitely say my comment about her writing 30+ songs about exes, and the 10-minute song about a 3-month relationship being strange and excessive flirts with misogyny. It's just my opinion.

For context, I've seen Taylor Swift in concert 5 times since 2013 (not yet the era's tour) but take her for what she is, a great songwriter and performer for the commercial mass market. Grammy award-winning Folklore was arguably one of her best albums, but it just about made the top 10 in sales. From my knowledge, it doesn't involve songs about exes.

I'm sure she'd rather put out stuff like Folklore and Evermore but it wouldn't sell as many units. I stick to feeling bad for some of the exes, not because she wrote a song about them, but because the militant swifties abuse them.. The last guy stayed private throughout the relationship so I wouldn't say she's been particularly kind.

In summary, it's OK to call Taylor amazing or shite. It's just an opinion on a football forum.

I saw her first night at Wembley and it was all very well done. While I’m not exactly her target demographic, I can appreciate that her songs are superb at connecting with that inner monologue of her core fanbase, only skilled songwriters can do that. I actually have 4 favourite songs of hers and such is her wealth of material that only one of ‘em made the 45-song cut on the night.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne

You need to man up, if you don’t mind me saying.

Comrade Sam

Comrade Sam
Jan 31, 2013
Walthamstow
I took my 13 year old and her mate to hang around Wembley on Sunday. They had a fantastic time, singing dancing and swapping bracelets with dozens of other fans. Unfortunately all the official merch stalls were shut bar one and it only had XL clothing. I had a wonderful time - sitting in the shade watching Copa '71 with my headphones in. I highly recommended it, Copa '71 that is.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here