Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Music] Taylor Swift at Wembley?

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
Managed to get my daughter a ticket as she was desperate to go, for her 22nd birthday present. Really over priced but I understand how much it means to see your favourite musician and the memories live with you for a lifetime. Luckily was in a financial position to be able to afford it. I imagine there is thousands or young people disappointed ☹️

Me and her dad have taken her to concerts since she was young, she going with a friend this time.
Well she has made so much money from this tour I would imagine that all future tours will be free :)

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Out of curiosity, and having read a lot about her, her songwriting and the way she conducts herself and the people she works with etc I finally gave some of her albums a listen. They're very good but 'm not a huge fan, BUT, and this is a big BUT, I totally get how she connects with so many and why she is this phenomenon. You do not have to be a huge fan, or a fan at all, to understand this. She really is an artist in the truest sense and a force of nature. And if someone had a spare ticket I'd certainly go to witness this...she's a once in a generation or two musician.
Be interested to know which songs you thought were 'very good.' Having similarly been intrigued enough to dip into her back catalogue, to me it's generic bubblegum pop that is nothing new or remotely 'wow factor,' neither the music nor the lyrics, and nothing that would typically appeal to anyone over 16, predominantly girls.

Comrade Sam

Comrade Sam
Jan 31, 2013
Walthamstow
She's certainly woke enough for me, just find her music desperately bland. However, my 13 year old thinks she's amazing. Failed to get tickets for this round but managed to get tickets for August - fortunately my wife will go with her. I will be taking her tomorrow though - her plan is to buy the merch she's saved up for, whilst the gig is on.

maffew

Dec 10, 2003
Worcester England
Bloke at work is taking his wife and daughter just short of £1000 for the 2 tickets he got!!!! Kin hell

He is just going to sleep in the car in the car park for a few hours…..
I think the average price actually paid for wembley is knocking around the 6 to 700 per ticket mark... try getting 3 together and it was like thousands!!

HalfaSeatOn

Mar 17, 2014
North West Sussex
Ex boyfriends must live in trepidation of her next album. Relationships recollected with melodic cutting witty songs. I’ve only listened to her latter albums and always a good listen. There is a real abundance of highly talented female solo artists releasing really good albums this year of which she is one.

Lindfield by the Pond

Jan 10, 2009
Lindfield (near the pond)
My girls going. Said I would collect afterwards. Any recommendations? Uxbridge tube station?

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Be interested to know which songs you thought were 'very good.' Having similarly been intrigued enough to dip into her back catalogue, to me it's generic bubblegum pop that is nothing new or remotely 'wow factor,' neither the music nor the lyrics, and nothing that would typically appeal to anyone over 16, predominantly girls.
The first two albums, Taylor Swift and Fearless, are unashamedly country music by a brilliant young woman, and are also full of teen angst and thoughtful melancholy.

She developed the pop element in the following couple of albums before the wonderful IMO 1989 album where she basically crossed over to full time pop music.

There is a lot of ex boyfriend stuff that runs through all her work, but there’s also a lot of sensitive and intelligent commentary on modern life, and of course plenty of nonsense too.

I think bubblegum pop is a thing, and should never be discounted, but personally I don’t think that TS is in that bracket, she’s more talented, she’s more intelligent and she’s outstanding to watch.

folkestonesgull

Oct 8, 2006
folkestone
Managed to get 4 VIP Lover tickets for August. Taking 2 of my daughters... giving them the tickets for Christmas was wonderful...our family have grown up listening to her music, it has soundtracked our long drives and holidas...I cannot wait to see the joy on their faces.
May sell some of the Lover merch that I'll get sent online to buy some merch there...
Folklore and midnights in particular are fantastic albums.

EliasTaproot

Oct 31, 2022
I went to Cardiff a few days ago and it was one of the best nights of my life. I have tickets to Vienna also, and I thought I'd be less excited having been once but I find myself even more so. This is a person I've been a fan of since Debut though, and never been able to see her live before this, it was genuinely incredible.

Folklore and Evermore are absolutely not middle of the road pop music either, even if you don't like her or her music, a bland, samey pop star she simply isn't, I have to assume those saying that only hear her radio hits and nothing more.

folkestonesgull

Oct 8, 2006
folkestone
I went to Cardiff a few days ago and it was one of the best nights of my life. I have tickets to Vienna also, and I thought I'd be less excited having been once but I find myself even more so. This is a person I've been a fan of since Debut though, and never been able to see her live before this, it was genuinely incredible.

Folklore and Evermore are absolutely not middle of the road pop music either, even if you don't like her or her music, a bland, samey pop star she simply isn't, I have to assume those saying that only hear her radio hits and nothing more.
Fully agree. Exile may be my favourite song. And as a fan of the National and Bon Iver the work they have all done together is fantastic

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
The first two albums, Taylor Swift and Fearless, are unashamedly country music by a brilliant young woman, and are also full of teen angst and thoughtful melancholy.

She developed the pop element in the following couple of albums before the wonderful IMO 1989 album where she basically crossed over to full time pop music.

There is a lot of ex boyfriend stuff that runs through all her work, but there’s also a lot of sensitive and intelligent commentary on modern life, and of course plenty of nonsense too.

I think bubblegum pop is a thing, and should never be discounted, but personally I don’t think that TS is in that bracket, she’s more talented, she’s more intelligent and she’s outstanding to watch.
Must admit, I think she's a brilliant singer-songwriter across several genres and seems to be a very smart cookie indeed. Strikes me as a strong role model for girls, which is great.

Happy Exile

NSC Patron
Apr 19, 2018
Mini Exile going with her mum, third tour they'll have seen her on. I'd love to go but priced out of joining them unfortunately! Red and 1989 have been the soundtrack to a lot of great family memories.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here