Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Team for Crystal Palace

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
Saying Veltman will play ( and Mac)

Is it unusual for managers to commit to playing certain players?
RDZ seems to do it a fair amount.

It seems to be different to the usual ," player is available" comments.
Or is this a language barrier, do we think?

Unless that's how they do it in Europe?

Littlemo

Aug 25, 2022
Saying Veltman will play ( and Mac)

Is it unusual for managers to commit to playing certain players?
RDZ seems to do it a fair amount.

It seems to be different to the usual ," player is available" comments.
Or is this a language barrier, do we think?
I just don’t think he’s bothered about saying a few names. He only ever gives one or two, and I’m not sure either are very surprising.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
‘Colwill and Lallana can't play, we have a few more doubts.’

Bit worried about these comments…

Whitechapel

Famous Last Words
Jul 19, 2014
Not in Whitechapel
I just don’t think he’s bothered about saying a few names. He only ever gives one or two, and I’m not sure either are very surprising.

Both of the names he’s picked in this case aren’t even tied down to one position.

Veltman could be RB/CB and there’s a chance we move Mac forward with Lallana out.

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
I agree, but any information gives a certain edge away, I guess.
Not really. He’s saying to Palace that he doesn’t give a toss if they know who’s starting or not. He’s confident of victory either way.

Guarantee Palace fans are shitting themselves right now. And I love it.

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
For some reason palace had a late block on team news until 10.30pm. I mean that must give them such a tactical advantage with the world class squad they have.....

Anyway. Anderson, Zaha and ward are out.

But dont fret, the baller, that is..... McArthur, is available.

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
Clyne will have trouble stopping Mitoma I think.

The only way Palace could take anything from this is to double up on their wide defence against Mitty and March and defend deep - which they’re not going to want to do in front of a 24,000 home crowd - or we defend badly.

My Team Tomorrow?

Pervis proving more than fine on the Left and is very good playing a high WB in attacking sequences so I definitely would start him. , Veltmam as RCB (I would rather Webster who partners really well with Dunk but he may not be a full 90mins fit) , Dunky and then Gross holding on to his RB/WB position again would be a decent enough back four I suppose. (Provided Dunky doesn’t score an OG, Pervis doesn’t concede a Pen and Sanchez doesn’t fluff one and then have a post-error sulk for the rest of the Half 😉)

Midfield will be fine even with the Llama out - with Caicedo and then Mackie back from suspension to play a CAM - Gilmour wasn’t too shabby against Muff so has earned a start imo in DM - Buonanotte should get solid minutes too, maybe even starting for Mackie in CAM (or maybe subbing Mackie later) Sarmiento and Ayari late minutes perhaps. March to start.

Not sure how fit Ferguson or Welbeck are - maybe neither doing 90mins - Undav definitely needs to play - Mitoma is getting very indispensable as a late scorer so I might even risk starting Undav for Mitoma and Welbz if fit, give bulk of second half to Mitoma and Ferguson (or vice versa)

Team’s getting deeper - but not going to be much good if the youngsters don’t get proper minutes - it’s getting harder to fit them in isn’t it 🤷‍♂️

I think I just fielded a 12 man side 😂
Was all going so well until the suggestion Mitoma doesn’t start.

Why would we not start our best in form attacking player in one of our most important games of the season?

Mitoma MUST and WILL start.

Zeberdi

“Vorsprung durch Technik”
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022

Why would we not start our best in form attacking player in one of our most important games of the season?

Yes, that was my real dilemma tbh -( hence the or vice versa) - I’m thinking RDZ will want Undav on at some point so the logical position would Mitoma’s - if we are still at a one pointer late in the second half (which is entirely possible given the parity of the teams) , who would we trust to get a late one in, Undav or Mitoma - I wouldn’t like to see Mitoma taken off at all unless we had a 2 goal cushion so maybe Undav doesn’t get to come on at all then. We could put Undav in for Welbz (or Welbz in for Undav) but then where would you put Ferguson- arguably our most on form forward?

I guess we could have both Welbz and Ferguson starting up front together, (then sub Undav for Ferguson - I cant remember has Undav played CF?)
Mitoma/Mac Allister (Buonanotte) /March
Caidcedo and Gilmour (
Gross, Veltman, Dunky, Pervis

At this stage, rivalry with Palace aside, if we want to be in Europe all our games are important IMHO

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London

Maybe that was the clue on who could be an injury doubt from de zerbi :(

Durlston

"Southgate, you're the one!"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Gross, Caicedo and Alexis has to be our best midfield we’ve ever had by a long long distance, hope they play tomorrow.
It fills me with huge confidence about getting the right result later with those three in the team. It's such a special time to be a Seagulls fan. I really think we will win 2-1 (8/1 with a couple of bookies). :)

Durlston

"Southgate, you're the one!"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
I love Danny Welbeck to bits and he is such an intelligent striker but the lack of goals is slightly frustrating. I wouldn't be surprised if he got one today though. 👍

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
I love Danny Welbeck to bits and he is such an intelligent striker but the lack of goals is slightly frustrating. I wouldn't be surprised if he got one today though. 👍
I think he might be one of RDZ’s fitness concerns along with Webster. So……..

————————Sanchez———————-
Lamptey——-Veltman—-Dunk—Estupinian
————Mac Allister—-Caicedo————-
March—————-Groß—————-Mitoma
———————Ferguson————————

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here