Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Team vs Bognor

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
wierd just seen i was meant to be banned for 10 days but message from mods was yellow card and 2 points :down:

Yellow card and 2pts? What's that about?

Tricky001

Aug 28, 2009
Was not at the game tonight, wondered wht Poke did not play? Assume he will be playing tomorrow. With that in mind, can anyone say how Walker played. Also, was the goals conceeded by us individual errors or just good play by Bognor.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Hands up I got it wrong, meant to warn, but posted a ban in the moderating decisions. Sorry.

We're the Stripes

Jul 31, 2005
BN2
Was not at the game tonight, wondered wht Poke did not play? Assume he will be playing tomorrow. With that in mind, can anyone say how Walker played. Also, was the goals conceeded by us individual errors or just good play by Bognor.
Walker was hardly tested, but did well to save a one-on-one early in the second half. Poke will have his chance tomorrow.

First goal was just a decent header from a looping cross, second goal was a well place free-kick. Not too many complaints about either, really. We completely bossed the game when the first team were on, would probably have cruised to about 3 or 4-0 had they stayed put as Midtgarden was getting some good service from Dicker, Smith and the like. Baz looked useful, comfortable on the ball, technically sound, good movement - will reserve judgement until I see more of him.

Was probably more impressed by Midtgarden actually, who showed good physical presence up-front, and took his goal very well - on the turn from the edge of the box. Also pretty quick for a big lad.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
Good lord I can't believe people are complaining about the result! What does it matter? How many times does Gus have to say that it's about fitness? How well can you play football after running around and training all day? They must be f***ing knackered.

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
The picture of Eric, (see I call him Eric as I hope he stays.) is a bit out of date. He is a big bloke and his acne has cleared up, traditional centre forward.
Baz ran up and down the line shouting oi! As he wanted the ball and was in space, he obviosly didn't know anybodys name hence the hay! The rest of the team hadn't realised they had a winger, so the ball wasn't given to him enough, couple of decent moves when he had it though.
When the youth team came on, with OGH and Eric up front the whole thing went a bit tits up, but has been said before, it's pre season, results don't matter.

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
What was Baz like?

Southwick_Seagull

Oct 8, 2008
What was Baz like?

Looked lively, put in some good crosses in with his left. Some nice set piece deliveries as well. Seemed like he struggled a bit with the language problem, wasn't too sure what Painter was shouting at him in his Brummie accent but apart from that promising, with a few more games under his belt he might be an asset.

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
Cheers mate.I bet Gus wasn't happy with conceding 2 goals after he made changes.

Good lord I can't believe people are complaining about the result! What does it matter? How many times does Gus have to say that it's about fitness? How well can you play football after running around and training all day? They must be f***ing knackered.

Yeah, Jesus frickin Christ!!! If I had been training, doing anaerobic, aerobic and strength training all day I certainly wouldn't want to play football let alone give it may all, it is all completely about fitness.

It will be interesting to see what happens when we play Sunderland. Much, much tougher opposition yet to train before hand in the heat will be even tougher.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
First half: (4-4-2) Walker; Whing, El-Abd, Hall, Painter; Baz, Sparrow, Dicker, Jamie Smith; Holroyd, Murray

Team second half?

Gus was quoted, in the argus I think, saying that from last night onwards it's not a first half/second half line up any more, he is expecting the starting line up to play 70mins ish before he starts making changes.

astevens76

Jan 22, 2010
Bristol
Gus was quoted, in the argus I think, saying that from last night onwards it's not a first half/second half line up any more, he is expecting the starting line up to play 70mins ish before he starts making changes.

I saw that too. For the team though, i just copied it directly from the Albion website. I like the idea of this 2 friendlies in 2 days malarky to give players more of a game than just 45mins

Exiled in Exeter

Jul 16, 2003
W3D
I thought Whing played well. Both him and Painter were bombing down the flanks in the first half. That said, particularly on the right side we may have been a bit narrow, with effectively three central midfields. Baz looked relatively lively, think he started the first half on the left and then switched to the right for the start of the second half.

I like the look of Sparrow, looked composed on the ball and always seemed to have good awareness of what was around him. My only concern might be that Dicker and Sparrow looked a similar type of player, i.e. composed on the ball but if you are playing them with two wingers, I think we might be exposed without a defensive midfielder in the middle.

Didn’t really notice Holroyd. Murray was charging about looked to be up for it. Midtgarden too looked like he was out to impress and showed some nice touches.

I think first half we played 442 and second half 451. Something like:

First half

Murray - Holroyd
Baz – Sparrow – Dicker - Smith
Painter– El Abd - Hall - Whing
Walker

Second half (till the changes)

Midtgarden
Holroyd – Sparrow – Dicker – Smith - Hart
Painter – El Abd - Hall - Whing
Walker

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports