Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] The 2024 US Election - Trump v Harris

Who will win the 2024 Presidential Election?

• President Joe Biden - Democrat

Votes: 1 0.3%
  • Donald Trump - Republican

Votes: 114 37.5%
  • Vice President, Kamala Harris - Democrat

Votes: 170 55.9%
  • Other Democratic candidate tbc

Votes: 19 6.3%

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

lasvegan

Jan 30, 2009
Sin City
I only watched half of the debate, I felt too sorry for him to continue. His wife should know better, let him sit on the beach in Delaware and eat ice cream. Elder abuse…

Zeberdi

“Vorsprung durch Technik”
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
Okay democrats, give me another candidate to consider (not Gavin Newsom), otherwise you’re toast…
1719545168710.jpeg

Cory Booker

Last edited:

Zeberdi

NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022

Zeberdi

NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
I would quit while you’re ahead (you’re not) if I were you. Seriously, give me a candidate, but you know you can’t.
😂

Perhaps you’d like one from across the pond? 😜 Goodnight.

1719546181176.jpeg

StonehamPark

#Brighton-Nil
Oct 30, 2010
BC, Canada
Okay democrats, give me another candidate to consider (not Gavin Newsom), otherwise you’re toast…

Literally.

I’m not one way or the other between these ‘leaders’, but if they pull Biden (they won’t), they’d genuinely need an A-List replacement in the likes of Michelle Obama, Oprah or The Rock to stand any chance. That sounds insane, but I can’t think of any other realistic way they’d win.

I didn’t watch, but I’m sure I’ll catch some highlights tomorrow during work.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Biden was horrific and trump was trump

I was Watching parts whilst at work, you can see why Americans would vote Trump over Biden even if you don't agree with his policies.

Democrats need concentrate on how to replace Biden.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Biden was horrific and trump was trump

I was Watching parts whilst at work, you can see why Americans would vote Trump over Biden even if you don't agree with his policies.

Democrats need concentrate on how to replace Biden.
Worrying

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Biden needs to go or we're staring down the barrel of fascism come November.
Think it's too late and the damage is done.

They should have gone for Trump after this election and should have replaced Biden

If they lose they have done it to themselves

Last night was so bad question should be about how they can go about removing Biden now.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly

They should have gone for Trump after this election and should have replaced Biden

Last night was so bad question should be about how they can go about removing Biden now.
There are plenty in the Dem camp that could have wiped the floor with Trump last night. DT was lying more than ever.

Its late but not too late, bite the friggin bullet

Zeberdi

NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022

There is no procedure for “removing” Biden without his consent but I think Biden will step aside if he has been convinced it’s for the good of the Country - I have no doubts about that.

However, that will leave it to the Democratic Convention on 22nd August to vote for a new Candidate completely (The modern Conventions tend to rubber stamp the results of the Primaries) otherwise the Impala will stay on top of the ticket (which would be awful imo and just as bad for the Dems)

I don’t think it insurmountable -

Presidential candidates used to be elected at the Party’s Convention - The Primaries earlier in the year (which put Biden as the preferred Democratic Candidate) are a relatively modern process and didn’t really become prominent until the early ‘70s to stop Presidents being elected by the party elite instead of the people - There is no provision for Primaries in the Constitution, America’s sacred cow.

In this case, the polls clearly say Biden has lost the support of floating voters (who will swing this election one way or another).

Also, the delegates elected to the Democratic Convention unlike Republican delegates, are free voters in the Democratic Party rules - they are not tied to the Candidate they voted for in the Primaries. They can vote for whoever stands at the Convention. Of course another Candidate could present him or herself to the Convention but it would be a very brave Democrat that would challenge a sitting Democrat President at the Party’s Convention and disastrous for the Dems if it went pear-shaped.

Getting Biden to ‘step down’ isn’t the real issue. The real question as @lasvegan somewhat smugly pointed out, who is there to replace him?

(Also if Biden isn’t deemed fit to continue as Presidential Candidate, that would raise a very thorny problem of whether he is fit for the last 7 months of his first term.)

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
There is no procedure for “removing” Biden without his consent but I think Biden will step aside if he has been convinced it’s for the good of the Country - I have no doubts about that.

However, that will leave it to the Democratic Convention on 22nd August to vote for a new Candidate completely (The modern Conventions tend to rubber stamp the results of the Primaries) otherwise the Impala will stay on top of the ticket (which would be awful imo and just as bad for the Dems)

I don’t think it insurmountable -

Presidential candidates used to be elected at the Party’s Convention - The Primaries earlier in the year (which put Biden as the preferred Democratic Candidate) are a relatively modern process and didn’t really become prominent until the early ‘70s to stop Presidents being elected by the party elite instead of the people - There is no provision for Primaries in the Constitution, America’s sacred cow.

In this case, the polls clearly say Biden has lost the support of floating voters (who will swing this election one way or another).

Also, the delegates elected to the Democratic Convention unlike Republican delegates, are free voters in the Democratic Party rules - they are not tied to the Candidate they voted for in the Primaries.

Getting Biden to ‘step down’ isn’t the real issue. The real question as @lasvegan somewhat smugly pointed out, who is there to replace him?

(Also if Biden isn’t deemed fit to continue as Presidential Candidate, that would raise a very thorny problem of whether he is fit for the last 7 months of his first term.)
Biden has to step aside. He needs to be enjoying his retirement and winter years. He's not fit for office.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here