Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] The Award-winning official "More Snow Tomorrow?" Thread [2023-24 Season]

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Inches or cm, it's still alot, and more being added by the second in the Worthing

Attachments

• Copy (2) of IMG_5041.JPG
    Copy (2) of IMG_5041.JPG
    238.8 KB · Views: 241

RexCathedra

Aurea Mediocritas
Jan 14, 2005
Vacationland
At least you've finally got a fighting chance at proper-temperature conditions for an American lager -- go stick a bottle or two of Bud in a snowbank, and wait half an hour.

BarnabyB

Aug 5, 2003
It's about 10cm deep in central Winchester (and only been snowing for 2 1/2 hours), and it's still coming down pretty heavily...

What chances for a game a Withers on Saturday? Guess the H&S brigade will call it off...

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
I'm tempted to stay up to see if any of that big blob working Westwards actually delivers anything around Brizz, but no weather site I look at suggests we'll get any at all.

It would be particularly cruel formit not to hit Bristol now, as it's so close. I don't think you'll see the intensity we're seeing in Worthing (for example) as we're right in the centre of the 'feature'. Let's hope you get some, and if you do, it'll probably be soon.

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof
What's really nice about snow falling now is this about the first time since the 1970's (when, in my youth, I had to head up north for Christmas) that I have seen snow and Christmas decorations at the same time.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
It's about 10cm deep in central Winchester (and only been snowing for 2 1/2 hours), and it's still coming down pretty heavily...

What chances for a game a Withers on Saturday? Guess the H&S brigade will call it off...

Earlier today I thought it would definitely be on because temperatures were due to climb hugely on Saturday, but looking at the net weather forecasts for Brighton now showing minus 7 for Friday night I can't see how the pitch can be ready, but also can the surrounds thaw quickly enough to stop it being called off the day before even?!

mongoose

Jul 24, 2007
i can see it being off more because of the condition of the stands and spectator safety than the condition of the pitch

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
my old camera phone is pants, but, you get the jist ?

Attachments

• DSC00154.JPG
    DSC00154.JPG
    80.4 KB · Views: 204

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Goodnight all.. Sleep beckons (with the curtain pulled back at one end to afford me a direct view of a nearby street light!).

Hope you all get the snow you deserve :)

Papa Kettley

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
Snowy Burgess Hill
snowy-bh.JPG

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Goodnight all.. Sleep beckons (with the curtain pulled back at one end to afford me a direct view of a nearby street light!).

Hope you all get the snow you deserve :)

Papa Kettley

Thank you Papa for your efforts, and good night fellow snow lovers. Hope you get some too Bozza.

highway61

Jun 30, 2009
littlehampton continues to snow. Just measured an untouched area and it shows as 3 inches

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
My car !
mycar.jpg

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here