Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Music] The Best Songs With Titles That Don't Appear in the Lyrics

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003

I think the main reason the title doesn't appear in the lyrics to this is that apparently Geezer Butler didn't know what paranoia was or what paranoid meant.

My favourite story along those lines was when Slade's world tour was being explained to guitarist Dave Hill with the help of a world map. He allegedly then said "I don't get it, we go round Europe, then over to America, and then all the way back across to play Japan"

Best when done in a broad black country accent :lolol:

Sid and the Sharknados

NSC Patron
Sep 4, 2022
Darlington
My favourite story along those lines was when Slade's world tour was being explained to guitarist Dave Hill with the help of a world map. He allegedly then said "I don't get it, we go round Europe, then over to America, and then all the way back across to play Japan"

Best when done in a broad black country accent :lolol:
Quite pleasing that I came to read that post straight from reading HWT's calculations on the curvature of the earth on the "Can you see the Isle of Wight" thread.

GJN1

Nov 4, 2014
Brighton
I was tempted to start a new thread, 'The Best Songs With Titles That Appear In The Lyrics A Lot' but thought it might irritate people.

Anyway,

Songs with titles that appear in the lyrics a lot,

(Over 30 times in 2 and a half minutes)

(16 times in under 2 minutes)

This almost covers both themes in that the actual title isn't mentioned but the phrase itself if repeated over 50 times. Still brilliant...

Dr Q

Jul 29, 2004
Cobbydale
None of these then!

smillie's garden

Am I evil?
Aug 11, 2003
Hearing this always takes me back to listening to Peel as a teen. I found the riff, and the start/stop incredibly exciting. The lyrics are hard to work out, but I'm pretty sure the song title isn't in there!

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
And before everyone shouts, yes it does include the title in the lyrics.

The title is the plural and the lyrics are the singular of echo, so no it doesn't

Peteinblack

NSC Patron
Jun 3, 2004
Bath, Somerset.
One of my favourite Bowie tracks, but largely overlooked, because it was before he became famous.

And two of the saddest/most harrowing songs ever, but among my favourites (the HMHB song is about caring for someone with dementia):

Quebec Seagull

Vive le football... LIBRE!
Oct 19, 2022
Gatineau, Québec, CANADA

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here