Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

THE Cricket (Notts v Sussex, Losers v Losers)

fake slim said:
What was wrong with the wicket?!?!?!
He was caught off the pad - his bat never touched the ball.

At least he ended his career with a feeling that he might have reached his 20,000th run in first class cricket if it hadn't been for a blind umpire.

Last edited:

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
I thought Bicknell got a bit of bat there. Also VERY close to an LBW.

I don't care anyway, Mushy would have got him eventually.

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
ãÔÊÇÞ ÇÍãÏ

How's that? :lolol:

Muhammed - I’m hard - Bruce Lee

You can't change fighters
NSC Patron
Jul 25, 2005
on a pig farm
John Boy said:
ãÔÊÇÞ ÇÍãÏ :bowdown:
Mushtaq Ahmed (Urdu: مشتاق احمد) (born 28 June 1970 in Sahiwal) is a Pakistani cricketer, more specifically a leg spin bowler. He is known for his hard-to-pick googly. He famously trapped Graeme Hick in front with one during the 1992 World Cup Final. Despite taking over 150 one-day international and Test wickets, he hasn't played international cricket since October 2003.

He has played a lot of county cricket in England, including for Somerset and Surrey earlier in his career, and now for Sussex.

In 2003, Mushtaq was the leading wicket taker in county cricket, finishing the season with 103, and inspiring Sussex to the First Division Title. Following this, he was recalled by Pakistan but was soon dropped for being ineffectual. In the 2004 season, Mushtaq was again the leading wicket taker in English county cricket with 84 scalps, but with Danish Kaneria's emergence as Pakistan's first-choice leg spinner, Mushtaq looks unlikely to play for Pakistan's national side again.

Recently, there have been rumors that Pakistan Cricket Board may hire Mushtaq Ahmed to coach the Pakistan bowlers.

:clap2: :clap2:

you dont know what youre doin :lolol:

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Wily spinner Mushtaq Ahmed produced yet another magical display to leave Sussex on the brink of another Championship.

The maestro claimed four wickets as Notts were routed for 165, then added four more as the beleagured home side closed 345 behind at 50-4 following on.

Matt Prior and Robin Martin-Jenkins earlier extended their quickfire stand to 140, the fourth century partnership of the innings, as Sussex closed 560-6.

Darren Bicknell was dismissed twice in an afternoon in his final appearance.

Bicknell was first to fall when Notts replied, driving around a swinging ball from James Kirtley.

The final seven wickets fell for a mere 23 in less than 15 overs, Mark Ealham bamboozled by a Mushtaq googly and Stephen Fleming, returning late in the order with stitches in his finger, bizarrely caught off the bat at slip trying to paddle a sweep way down the leg-side.

When question marks over light, Chris Adams turned to Mushtaq and Michael Yardy early in the follow-on and it soon brought success.

Will Smith was lbw playing back to a googly, Mushtaq's sixth delivery in the sixth over of the innings.

David Alleyne and Fleming were both caught close in, both removed by Mushtaq for the second time in the day, while the final knock of Bicknell's 20-year first-class career ended when he was adjudged caught off bat and pad, before bad light ended play.

Mushtaq now needs three more wickets for 100 in the campaign, but paid tribute to his colleagues in the Sussex attack.

"The seamers bowled brilliantly again, it was a real team effort," he enthused.

Muhammed - I’m hard - Bruce Lee

You can't change fighters
NSC Patron
Jul 25, 2005
on a pig farm
i just wish i'd bet money on him with the fantasy bookie :down:

The Oldman

I like the Hat
NSC Patron
Jul 12, 2003
In the shadow of Seaford Head
Timbo said:
Lancashire truly are AMAZING. I can't wait to see how they're going to pull this off.

Just you wait. The Lankys will claim all the missing overs they have lost due to rain and will claim retrospective batting and bowling points to show they are the true Champions. The media of course will continue to promote their cause and continue to ignore Sussex who should have been relegated this season anyway.

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
Lancashire bowling hero Dominic Cork admitted the destiny of the Liverpool Victoria County Championship title was firmly in the hands of leaders Sussex.

Cork took four wickets for eight runs in 14 balls to leave Lancashire in a dominant position at the end of the second day's play at the Rose Bowl.

But with Sussex in an even stronger position against Nottinghamshire at Trent Bridge, Cork concedes that all that is left for Lancashire is to make sure they beat Hampshire and hope Sussex somehow slip up.

Cork said: "We're watching the wickets fall on television and there is nothing we can do except beat Hampshire over the next two days.

"If Sussex win their match and the title, congratulations to them.

"They will have proved themselves to be the best team in England over a full season, but I am very proud of what we have done.

"We can't do anything except go for maximum points - but at least we have given ourselves a platform to beat Hampshire and we know that if we bowl well we can win here."

Cork explained how his hostile spell after tea undermined the Hampshire middle-order.

Cork said: "I spoke to Mark Chilton at tea and he told me to bowl as quickly as I could, and that is what I did.

"I knew I had to get the ball in the right area because it is not a bad pitch to bat on.

"We decided not to force the follow-on and that it was best for us to get the runs on the board.

"Hampshire have Shane Warne who can be dangerous in the last innings of a match so this seemed to be the best policy and it is up to our bowlers now to make sure it works."

:)

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
All credit to Dominic Cork over the past couple of games - some wonderful performances that have kept Lancs in the title race right to the death.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Wow! Is that really quoted from Cork. Where has this humility come from?

Actually, I think he is trying to rub salt in the wound. We have blatently thrown this away. :nono:

We're still being negative, right?

Last edited:

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
Right, a post of all serious here.

YES, we are destroying them.
YES, we are 6 wickets away from the title.
YES, we appear to have it sewn up...

BUT:

Like The Albion, there is a bit of a 'do it the hard way' thing with Sussex. See the C&G - we practically threw it away before somehow clinching it. So i am FULLY expecting a spectacular tail wag and a lack of wickets falling tomorrow, with Mush beating the bat time after time but getting no luck.

I hope I'm wrong.

COME ON SUSSEX:clap:

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
Withdean Wanderer said:
Right, a post of all serious here.

YES, we are destroying them.
YES, we are 6 wickets away from the title.
YES, we appear to have it sewn up...

BUT:

Like The Albion, there is a bit of a 'do it the hard way' thing with Sussex. See the C&G - we practically threw it away before somehow clinching it. So i am FULLY expecting a spectacular tail wag and a lack of wickets falling tomorrow, with Mush beating the bat time after time but getting no luck.

I hope I'm wrong.

COME ON SUSSEX:clap:

I hope it goes on for a few hours, I've got an afternoon down the pub tomorrow

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here