Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The DECIDER - 5th Test Match, The Oval - England vs Australia

Andrew

May 15, 2008
Sussex
39-3. Not looking so good, to be honest lets say we were bowled out between, 150-200, that's still a 350-400 lead right? The Aussies will be nervous and we will regain the ashes, guaranteed :thumbsup:

C'mon boys! Lets go out there and lets win those ashes!:bowdown:

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Reckon if we can get to 100 without further loss and then a total of 175 we'll have a damn good chance.

The Spanish

Aug 12, 2008
P
Its been a great day, but f***ing hell dont you just hate watching England bat at the moment. Thats been the hardest part of the series for me. No batting of note at all apart from Strauss's knock. Really taken the shine off it whatever the result.

edit sorry honourable mention for Prior of course

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
All we need is another 150 and we should stroll our way to victory.

Stinky Kat

Tripping
Oct 27, 2004
Catsfield
I'll still be nervous with a lead of 450 - ponting etc can dig in for the last 2 days if necessary, well perhaps not on that pitch - bloody great match in prospect

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Its been a great day, but f***ing hell dont you just hate watching England bat at the moment. Thats been the hardest part of the series for me. No batting of note at all apart from Strauss's knock. Really taken the shine off it whatever the result.

edit sorry honourable mention for Prior of course

Prior's had his moments, Strauss has been reasonably solid, but apart from that, the only England batsmen to entertain the crowds have been the tailenders. Broad, Swann, Anderson and of course Panesar have twatted it around at times, but it was nearly always a case of making a score look respectable after the front line batsmen (Cook, Bell, Bopara, Collingwood and Flintoff) essentially failed. How many centuries have we scored in this series, compared to Australia?

I never feel confident in our ability to score a decent total- most of the top order just look mentally fragile. Here's hoping they can smack a few tomorrow- if Strauss can avoid his tendency to get out early when having to re-start an innings.

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
Prior's had his moments, Strauss has been reasonably solid, but apart from that, the only England batsmen to entertain the crowds have been the tailenders. Broad, Swann, Anderson and of course Panesar have twatted it around at times, but it was nearly always a case of making a score look respectable after the front line batsmen (Cook, Bell, Bopara, Collingwood and Flintoff) essentially failed. How many centuries have we scored in this series, compared to Australia?

I never feel confident in our ability to score a decent total- most of the top order just look mentally fragile. Here's hoping they can smack a few tomorrow- if Strauss can avoid his tendency to get out early when having to re-start an innings.

Have just got back from a lovely day of hospitality at the Oval and when Goeff Thomson did his speach at lunch and said he thought we were still in it at oz on 66 for 0 we all thought he was mental. The next session was beyond reality, the best 3 hours of cricket I have ever seen from England.

It would take a mracle to f*** this up, and that was the concensus from every ozzie I spoke to outside the ground. Another 150 in the morning and were home.

YATTA!

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
We need a lead of 350 or more then it is ours for the taking.

Hats of to the Oval Groundsman for producing a pitch that will mean a win either way.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I think that we will leave the Aussies to get 350 and they will do it with 2 wickets to spare, unlees we can get a 100+ stand from a couple of batsmen. Flintoff & Prior perhaps.

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
Collingwank out for 1 39/3

Talk about short memories. If we had lost the first test, it is very unlikely we would be in a position to win this series and nobody did more in that second innings than Collingwood, with his fantastic knock. But obviously it is better to jump on the bandwagon and slag him off.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here