Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] The NSC 'up all night' election night *** OFFICIAL MATCH THREAD ***

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
From my perspective I'm delighted that the share of the vote is going to be central to the news and will, I hope, push PR up the agenda

jcdenton08

Offended Liver Sausage
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
Lots on Twitter about Jeremy Hunt looking likely to lose his seat to the Lib Dems in Godalming, Surrey. For those who don’t know, Godalming is a very affluent parish town near Guildford and a Tory safe seat.

This looks like THE Portillo moment and Hunt would become the first ever current Chancellor of the Exchequer to lose his seat.
Sorry to quote my own post, but I’ve actually got a friend whose Dad lives in the area and is a Tory activist. Lib Dems looking very, very pleased and lots of glum Conservative faces.

Looks like Hunt’s going!

Sid and the Sharknados

NSC Patron
Sep 4, 2022
Darlington
Yup. For all Starmer going on about “If you want change you have to go out and vote for it” for 6 weeks solid, it seems like err, nobody really has. :shrug:
You can't really vote for change if you live in a constituency where Labour were already in and there's never any realistic prospect of them losing.

One of the frustrations of the results is that the first seats announced don't tell us much about anything unless you're John Curtice and have access to a load of exit poll data and a huge pile of algorithms.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
You think it will be a Sunak win, then?

Crikeyfuckingblimey.
You’ll have to point me to where I said that?

But on early results it seems that Starmer hasn’t managed to galvanise any popular support or ‘connect with the people’ as Streeting claimed. It’s just the same as it was before but the Tory party has collapsed.

Seems pretty straightforward.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Yup. For all Starmer going on about “If you want change you have to go out and vote for it” for 6 weeks solid, it seems like err, nobody really has. :shrug:

The likely result is built on Reform / Tory splitting the same part of the electorate. A fed up of politics public aren’t enthused by current politicians. Farage is the one person who could talk the hind legs off a donkey, but runs a racist party, his tax-spend shopping list is fantasy. Not a feel of 1997.

Last edited:

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham

But on early results it seems that Starmer hasn’t managed to galvanise any popular support or ‘connect with the people’ as Streeting claimed. It’s just the same as it was before but the Tory party has collapsed.

As was indicated by all the recent by-elections too, but with added protest votes with Reform.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Labour 'Dawn Butler' doing well. Interviewers trying to get her to admit to loving Jeremy.

Hang on.... 'people will be wanting a debate about PR' FFS. WTF? Not labour people, you daft bat.

Calling @Sid and the Sharknados for withering comment or merely a ???

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area

This. He hasn’t.

Possibly partly deliberately. They just stood back and watched the crises, then all Labour’s Xmas’s came at once when Parker threw his hate in the ring. Also, shit scarred of making a crucial blunder.

Last edited:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Tories collapse, labour get more votes than the Tories (miles more) and win. Without popular support? If only they were as popular as they had been when Jeremy was leader. Then we may be looking at a labour government tomorrow.

Oh....hang on...

Sid and the Sharknados

NSC Patron
Sep 4, 2022
Darlington
Labour 'Dawn Butler' doing well. Interviewers trying to get her to admit to loving Jeremy.

Hang on.... 'people will be wanting a debate about PR' FFS. WTF? Not labour people, you daft bat.

Calling @Sid and the Sharknados for withering comment or merely a ???
Well, I don't mind admitting to being a Labour member. :lolol:

Doesn't feel on message though does it?

You can call me unpleasantly cynical, and you'd be right because I am, but I'd much rather be having this conversation from a position of what appear to be reasonably sensible and competent people gaming the system to win a massively disproportionate majority than the alternative.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here