Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The stadium Expansion decision thread. Meeting 2pm today.

nomoremithras4me

Apr 7, 2011
We expand when we want
We expand when we want
We're Brighton & Hove Albion
We expand when we want

chucky1973

Nov 3, 2010
Crawley
Can there be an appeal by the local residents if a yes decision is made? If so can that delay the build? Sorry if answered above somewhere via a link

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
Can there be an appeal by the local residents if a yes decision is made? If so can that delay the build? Sorry if answered above somewhere via a link

A legal challenge (judicial review) can be made on a legal technicality (like with the original stadium application) but not on the merits of the proposal.

There's no third party rights to appeal.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
So what time are we likely to know?

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick

Tory Boy

Jun 14, 2004
Brighton
Calm down everyone, the motions are just being gone through.

Politicians love being politicians, and any that vote against the proposals know full well they will be punished come the next election.

It's in the bag.

TB

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Am I right in thinking that the extra parking is partly intended to expand disabled parking spaces which have been woefully inadequate - I spoke to Martin Perry a while back when this was very much a live issue and he said the club had "probably" underestimated its blue badge holder provision and would be doing everything possible to increase spaces available. I certainly hope so as my getting a season ticket for next season hinges on being able to get easier access :)

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
http://present.brighton-hove.gov.uk/Published/C00000118/M00003342/AI00027253/BBH201103861AmericanExpressCommunityStadium.pdf

Reading the full document, its interesting that the council recieved 2908 letters supporting the application and only 33 objecting it, including 1 letter from a long-term STH calling transport to/from the game "a nightmare" and saying that they have missed a game because of it. And another letter has said it should be rejected because "2 years ago some crowds were less than 5000. After the excitement has worn off expanded stadium will be 5 times bigger than needed."

Maybe that was because Withdean didnt have a 20,000 capacity :facepalm:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here