Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The UK Media Daily Thread of Pre-Olympic DOOM

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
This thread is only to be used for posting pre-Games doom and gloom, as published by our cheery national media.

Please do not under any circumstances contribute anything that may be considered to include any of the following emotions:

-joy
-anticipation
-excitement
-happiness
-optimism

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
I think Sky News are running a piece on Romanian pick pockets descending on London for the games tonight.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003

catfish

North Stand Brighton Boy
Dec 17, 2010
Worthing
I did laugh when I heard a Weymouth butcher interviewed on radio 5 this morning. He'd been forced to remove a sign depicting the olympic rings made out of sausages.

He then replaced it with sausage squares instead but was threatened with legal action by Locog so had to remove that as well.

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
I did laugh when I heard a Weymouth butcher interviewed on radio 5 this morning. He'd been forced to remove a sign depicting the olympic rings made out of sausages.

He then replaced it with sausage squares instead but was threatened with legal action by Locog so had to remove that as well.

An unlicensed sausage could contain any form of crap such as Monosodium Glutamate, salt, and saturated fats that's before you consider the low quality of the offcuts, giblets, sexual organs and electronically retrieved meat contained therein. Nice to see LOCOG wading in to protect the public and their sponsor's, Mc Donalds.

It's going to be CARNAGE in Rye.

Rye Observer Comment - Observer Comment - Rye and Battle Observer

Way back in January Rye councillor and former Mayor Ian Potter predicted the Olympic Torch coming to Rye had the potential to cause chaos.

Now, looking at this week’s page three lead, his words seem to have a prophetic ring to them.

There is much to celebrate about the Olymnpics and Rye should be rightly thrilled that the Torch is coming through the town. It will be a day to remember and an inspirational moment for hundreds of local school children, who will be taking part in a parade, and we will be there to record it.

Of course, with something of this scale, it is invetiable that there will be some disruption.

But it is clear that with a little forethought, better planning and communication, and perhaps an awareness of the lay-out of the town, the impact could have been lessened and more people able to enjoy the big event.

Rye already has the infortunate reputation of being difficult for disabled and elderly people to traverse.

It would have been nice to see better communication and a degree of flexibility so that other people in the town with mobility problems could take part too.

They're forcing people to work in Croydon.

Civil servants in Croydon to avoid travel chaos From Croydon Guardian)

Civil servants from Whitehall will work out of Croydon during the Olympics to avoid travel troubles anticipated during the Games.

Up to 150 civil servants have been moved to The Croydon Hub, run out of the government owned Southern House, Wellesley Grove, and will work there during July and August.

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
It's going to be shite.

JCL

Better, Stronger, Faster
Jul 2, 2011
East of Eastbourne

That's the spirit - well done Locog; we need more of this!... :facepalm:

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
They're forcing people to work in Croydon.

Civil servants in Croydon to avoid travel chaos From Croydon Guardian)

Civil servants from Whitehall will work out of Croydon during the Olympics to avoid travel troubles anticipated during the Games.

Up to 150 civil servants have been moved to The Croydon Hub, run out of the government owned Southern House, Wellesley Grove, and will work there during July and August.

Surely there is sufficient mobile housing in the area to cover this contingency.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here