Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

This is it. My last Albion game for a few years!

Lady Bracknell

Handbag at Dawn
Jul 5, 2003
The Metropolis
The best of luck in New Zealand. At least you can now take away the memories of 3 points from your last Albion game.

Au revoir.
(Because you should never say goodbye)

FalmerforAll!**

NSC's Most Intelligent
Oct 26, 2005
Burgess Hill
Heard your name announced earlier at half time,I remember saying 'sorry' outloud after it was said it was your last BHA game.

Really happy the lads turned it on in the second half,a great send off for you. Keep NSC up to date with your New Zealand adventures!

blue'n'white

Oct 5, 2005
2nd runway at Gatwick
Good luck mate - friends of mine moved out there and reckon it's like England was in the 50s with little or no crime and a great standard of living. Mind you he also said that they roll the streets up at about 9pm too !!
A good "send off" for you today then. Hope to see you back for the first game at Falmer

steve-c

best of luck in nz , my dad also introduced me to the albion 35 years ago, sadly he passed away 10 years ago, about a month before he passed he said , we'll soon have a new ground mate, little did he know, it still makes me laugh, he could'nt make it to the last goldstone game but he was there in spirit and like your father i'm sure will be there at falmer, with every other albion fan that has since passed away, all the best .

Seagull Stew

What a great send off!

Bumped into East London Seagull (Tim) at London Bridge so got the train down with him and my fiance.

An unexpected announcement on the PA at half time arranged by a QPR supporting mate of mine, and a satisfying win, topped off by a couple of drinks in the Sportsman after where I happened to bump into these two fellas!

Willow, I'm moving to tauranga in the Bay of Plenty. Where are you from? Does NZ have a seagulls supporters club?

Cheers to you all!!! :thumbsup:

Attachments

• BHA.jpg
    BHA.jpg
    56.7 KB · Views: 45

eastlondonseagull

Jan 15, 2004
West Yorkshire
New Zealand awaits but today I will say goodbye to my very old friend The Albion who has given me so much joy (well actually probably more anguish but I'll put that to one side for now) over the last 25 years.

Thanks to anyone who has helped keep the club going against all the odds over the last decade or so and has therefore provided me with something to feel truly passionate about.

For me, The Albion will be the main bonding factor between myself and my Father. It has never quite been the same going to games since he passed away 2 1/2 years ago but today will still feel like I am leaving something very special behind.

Win, draw or lose today, I expect I will be holding a rather large frog in my throat at the end of the game.

Some people can't understand how something like this can mean so much to people and to be honest it baffles me sometimes, but I can assure you that the feeling multiplies tenfold when you realise that it's coming to an end.

I am truly delighted that Falmer really is now on the horizon and can't wait for the first game there which will surely coincide with a visit back to these shores.

Best of luck to all who are involved with the club and to all of us who love it in the same way as I do!

Was great seeing you yesterday, mate. Am very jealous of your travels :clap: :clap:

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I've never met you as far as I know, but I heard the announcement at half time as I was walking off to get food.

I distinctly remember thinking half the crowd were probably considering emigrating to the other side of the world too, we were that crap in the first half.

Glad they picked up for you, good luck :lolol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here