Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

This will get you talking

wigman

Oct 10, 2006
East Preston
Sj it is good to see you back;in fact the last time you were on here (the scum )were in the bottom 3!
Polls mean nothing to me; but the fact remains that we hate your mob and you hate us.The new stadium is not that far away now and as i have said to you before both on this site and the bbs ,that when built we will play you more regulary.not many of our fans like the Withdean and it is hardly a suprise that the Crewe attendance was low when it is £25 a pop or more for those facillities.We will be back ;trust me!
ps our record against your mob is superior!

SJ's Love Monkey

Ambrose-ia
Feb 8, 2005
Just chuckling at Charlton
Of course there's no one from Lewes who supports palace eh...infact i know someone from Maidstone who supports palace and someone who lives in Oxford too.

Funny old game innit

It is especially when a club can play a player not registered to them and that player is instrumental in keeping that club up! Still good old family club oiky coiky, knees up Mother Brown, Jellied Eels. Pie and Mash, Gord blimey Guv'nor, Academy of football West Ham would never get embroiled in that kind of malarkey eh?

Bless the Mockney Luvs!

SJ's Love Monkey

Ambrose-ia
Feb 8, 2005
Sj it is good to see you back;in fact the last time you were on here (the scum )were in the bottom 3!
Polls mean nothing to me; but the fact remains that we hate your mob and you hate us.The new stadium is not that far away now and as i have said to you before both on this site and the bbs ,that when built we will play you more regulary.not many of our fans like the Withdean and it is hardly a suprise that the Crewe attendance was low when it is £25 a pop or more for those facillities.We will be back ;trust me!
ps our record against your mob is superior!

Cheers Wiggy! Same old chestnuts you keep rolling out mate, good to see some things never change!

:D

Jesus Gul

Feb 23, 2004
Nookie Bear and Roger De'C were the 'entertainment' at the pro-am I played in on Tuesday at Emirates Golf Club. Unfunny and an embarrassment to the Palace rosette I'm afraid. He was either drunk or tired from travel and admittedly not too easy golf around the same course Tiger and Ernie played at the weekend.

SJ's Love Monkey

Ambrose-ia
Feb 8, 2005
Nookie Bear and Roger De'C were the 'entertainment' at the pro-am I played in on Tuesday at Emirates Golf Club. Unfunny and an embarrassment to the Palace rosette I'm afraid. He was either drunk or tired from travel and admittedly not too easy golf around the same course Tiger and Ernie played at the weekend.

Can't disagree with that mate, he is truely an embarrassment

Croydonbloke

Palace in Sussex
Sep 1, 2004
West Sussex
As in the Nationwide advert, i put a big fat juicy worm of a thread on and watch the mugs bite!

I have been off of here for 3 months and the quality of banter has got almost unbelievably worse, Brighton fans taking the piss out of Palace's support when they barely scrape 5k for a league game never fails to crack me up.

Face it lads and lasses the rivalry between Palace and Brighton is a generation thing, people over 30 will remember when there was such a thing, everyone else just doesn't get it.

And you West Ham idiot stop brown nosing it is quite nauseous
:clap::clap::clap: Its good to have you back mate. Yep totally agree 4,800 on Saturday and they are still a bigger club than Palace :lolol:

Croydonbloke

Palace in Sussex
Sep 1, 2004
West Sussex
Really pal? And how do you think most clubs view West Ham then?
You spoke for me also SJLM. I can tell you they are a club who still living the dream days of Brooking and Lampard Senior, Since then they have not challenged for a sodding thing but still think they are in the same league as Arsenal or Chelsea.

Croydonbloke

Palace in Sussex
Sep 1, 2004
West Sussex
Jesus...i thought you were going to cry for a minute

**sob sob...why does that nasty West ham fan keep picking on my club...sob sob***

Nothing to do with brown nosing pal....most teams see Palace as a joke :lolol:
They must be paying you a wage to post on here!!

Sobbing over a West Ham fans post on a Brighton board :cry: :thud:. What intrigues me is why you post on here what have you got in common with Brighton? or are you looking for a pen pal?

Jake Manthorpe

You anoy me
Jan 3, 2008
Whitehawk
You spoke for me also SJLM. I can tell you they are a club who still living the dream days of Brooking and Lampard Senior, Since then they have not challenged for a sodding thing but still think they are in the same league as Arsenal or Chelsea.

So they wernt in the fa cup final a few years ago against Liverpool no?

......Do one Palace

Croydonbloke

Palace in Sussex
Sep 1, 2004
West Sussex
If all the circumstances (ie stadium, league position) were IDENTICAL for both clubs, then I'd say there's not a lot to choose between us and Palace as far as 'who's the bigger club' goes. They've clearly got a lot more going for them now, and criticising their crowd is a joke considering it's pretty much exactly what we're aiming for, and capable of getting. We've obviously been raped by 10 years without a ground, so haven't had much of a chance to compete in this rivalry in that time. However, it's worth remembering we did actually win the last game at their ground, and it was only 2.5 years ago! Once Falmer is up and running then, if anything, WE will suddenly have the better stadium, we'll get ourselves established in the Championship, and will be more than big enough to fully resume the role of number 1 rivals. It might take another three years or so, but I have NO doubts this rivalry is still as strong as ever.
I agree the rivalry is still strong. Plaace fans singing and we hate Brighton on Saturday and a cheer still goes up most weeks when you are losing!

As for being level in terms of football and fans I think you have more than 3yrs to do that.

Croydonbloke

Palace in Sussex
Sep 1, 2004
West Sussex
So they wernt in the fa cup final a few years ago against Liverpool no?

......Do one Palace
That's nothing, they never won it and have not played in Europe plus we were in the FA cup final 1990 and won the play offs 3 times in 20 years along with the Championship titile in 1994 so are they any bigger than Palace we can nmatch them for league attendances if we were in the Premiership and with the ground capacity.

Croydonbloke

Palace in Sussex
Sep 1, 2004
West Sussex
Yeah, sorry, I didn't make myself clear. I didn't mean that in 3 years we will have 17,000 home crowds, an ex-Premiership boss in charge, and be 7th in the Championship. I just meant we will have the CHANCE to achieve all of that, whereas at the moment we've quite clearly not got the resources to even attempt it.
I can only say good luck to Brighton as it will be nice to play you reguarly again but with us on top of course!!!:falmer:

Digweeds Trousers

May 17, 2004
Tunbridge Wells
Actually this is quite a good question - the Palace rivalry etc. Approaching 40 I remember a number of great games both at The Goldstone and at Shithurst Cabbage.

The great thing about rivalry is the fact that when the figure of your hatred is going through the clag, it is a great feeling to rub that in - and let's face it there's not many clubs that have had to cope with what we have.

However - the whole pulling together thing is of no interest to others outside Brighton - it's our problem and although we've had a lot of help - thankfully we are on the way out of what has been a long dark tunnel.

It is worth remembering that there were a number of Palace visitors to this board during the very dark days who although wanted to mercilessly grind us into the floor on the pitch and outside afterwards, they were very supportive of our aim to survive as a football club.

Until we are in a proper ground at a decent level with a half decent following (potential means bugger all) then we have to take the taunts. And 4800 at home is appalling.

Does not matter about the circumstances cost, experience etc - on face value its a club who've gobbed off round London over the years and other parts of the country about how great our following is and now we have to wear the shit that comes our way.

It's about rescuing the lost generation - that is the biggest danger to us as a club - but also to football as a whole. All the while it is sanitised, the coporate element pushed hard, the Sky piece - the game is changing.

And for those of us over the age of 35 it is changing beyond belief.

No more football specials, no more terracing, a complete dumbing down of the game as we knew it.

I am no fighter - certainly no hooligan but I'm not ashamed to say that I did not used to look forward to that raw energy on match day - the darker side to the game, the undercurrent of tribal violence - the feeling of trespassing into dangerous territory.

When i was in my teens a journey to South London was just that - the train from Uckfield through Crowborough - trying to get a drink in a pub in South Croydon - the whole experience was almost a drug.

So now what? We have lost touch with Palace because of what we have been through but also because of the way the game is now inextricably going with Sky driving the agenda.

That beautiful night in October 05 was, to me, a throwback - a little taste of the what had made me fall in love with the game and with my club. The hostility, the prickling sensation of danger and adrenalin.

It's addicitve - and there is no prescription replacement.

I;m in cold turkey for the rest of my days.

But boy. What memories.

SJ's Love Monkey

Ambrose-ia
Feb 8, 2005
Actually this is quite a good question - the Palace rivalry etc. Approaching 40 I remember a number of great games both at The Goldstone and at Shithurst Cabbage.

The great thing about rivalry is the fact that when the figure of your hatred is going through the clag, it is a great feeling to rub that in - and let's face it there's not many clubs that have had to cope with what we have.

However - the whole pulling together thing is of no interest to others outside Brighton - it's our problem and although we've had a lot of help - thankfully we are on the way out of what has been a long dark tunnel.

It is worth remembering that there were a number of Palace visitors to this board during the very dark days who although wanted to mercilessly grind us into the floor on the pitch and outside afterwards, they were very supportive of our aim to survive as a football club.

Until we are in a proper ground at a decent level with a half decent following (potential means bugger all) then we have to take the taunts. And 4800 at home is appalling.

Does not matter about the circumstances cost, experience etc - on face value its a club who've gobbed off round London over the years and other parts of the country about how great our following is and now we have to wear the shit that comes our way.

It's about rescuing the lost generation - that is the biggest danger to us as a club - but also to football as a whole. All the while it is sanitised, the coporate element pushed hard, the Sky piece - the game is changing.

And for those of us over the age of 35 it is changing beyond belief.

No more football specials, no more terracing, a complete dumbing down of the game as we knew it.

I am no fighter - certainly no hooligan but I'm not ashamed to say that I did not used to look forward to that raw energy on match day - the darker side to the game, the undercurrent of tribal violence - the feeling of trespassing into dangerous territory.

When i was in my teens a journey to South London was just that - the train from Uckfield through Crowborough - trying to get a drink in a pub in South Croydon - the whole experience was almost a drug.

So now what? We have lost touch with Palace because of what we have been through but also because of the way the game is now inextricably going with Sky driving the agenda.

That beautiful night in October 05 was, to me, a throwback - a little taste of the what had made me fall in love with the game and with my club. The hostility, the prickling sensation of danger and adrenalin.

It's addicitve - and there is no prescription replacement.

I;m in cold turkey for the rest of my days.

But boy. What memories.

What a brilliant post and absolutely spot on :thumbsup:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here