Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

to bozza ?

SEAGULLS OVER LA

Jul 5, 2003
kilmarnock
bozza. are watching the game now sunderland the brum. look at all those empty seats. yes and they won the cup in 1973. a new ground and not even filled. 5th round of the cup.1984. bha v liverpool 19,000 live on the box. so come on falmer.

SEAGULLS OVER LA said:
we only need 15.000 gate. so stay at withdean ....... and re build..............
And how do you propose that Brighton would cope with the railway line to London having to be closed for a year while they rebuilt the bridge to allow 15,000 people to get home safely at the end of the game?

You're living in NEVER NEVER NEVER Land, SOLA.

Even assuming that we got planning permission to stay there permanently (and that would probably need another long and expensive Public Inquiry), Withdean will NEVER cope with more than 9,000 spectators.

A team with only 9,000 supporters will NEVER pay its way in the First Division. And a team with 9,000 supporters will NEVER attract the young people who are fan base of the future.

Last edited:

Charlies Shinpad said:
So where would we go IF Falmer was turned down?
Down the pan, I fear.

That's why Falmer is even more important that the outcome of the Hereford game. If we'd have lost that one, we'd have been homeless and in the Conference. But we'd have recovered, because we had Dick Knight and passionate fans.

If we lose Falmer, we will probably lose Dick Knight. And there's no-one lined up to replace him.

And even if there was, there's no point in pumping money into a club that will be at Withdean for the next ten years, with the Board hoping that we never get promoted to Division One because the income won't be there to run a successful team.

And that is why I get angry when I hear people say that Falmer doesn't matter to them, or - as on the SCR phone-in - that "we may not get Falmer, but that's not the end of the world".

If someone can explain how I'm wrong, maybe I'd be less depressed.

Last edited:

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
CAFC Matt said:
Will falmer be as empty ??? You never know :(

If Falmer was as empty, OK, the board would have to work out ways of attracting people in. But what a blissful position that would be, where the biggest headache was how to put bums on seat. Put a top-class commercial team in position, attract big chunks of inwards investment, you could turn most things around. Given a level playing field (no pun intended) and the huge catchment area, the club's destiny would at least be in it's own hands. But to even deny the club that chance would be absolutely heart-breaking. Like Lord B. says, this is infinitely more important than Hereford ever was. KTF.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here