Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Top 3 Pubs in Shoreham

tedebear

Legal Alien
Jul 7, 2003
In my computer
The Duke of Welly was my favourite until he laminated the floor and bought a boisterous dog. Zef still likes it for the Dark Star Ales. I can give or take it now...

The Royal Sovereign is great - a little cliquey but used to be our local as we lived next door virtually...

The Crown and Anchor has come a long way lately and worth a try for the sun deck out the back, and aparently the sunday lucnh is pretty good!

The Lazy Toad is a weird pub, weirdish people but they sell Summer Lightening - well they did a while back...

The Lady Jane (The Waterside now) is great for the football, but not much else as it has been a bit troublesome in the past, but seems on the up now...

Never been to the Ferry, The Swiss Cottage or the Ship (now a wine bar)...

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
tedebear said:
... or the Ship (now a wine bar)...
Do you mean the Schooner? Now the Wood on the Nose.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
The Duke of Wellington had nice boots.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Tch, you're ALL wrong.

Coming in at number 3 you have The Bridge. Decent sun terrace out the back, nice selection off beers, and a pretty good grub menu.

Number 2 would have to be The Marlipins. Good selection of ales and beers, nice "Olde Fart" feel about the place, with one (recent) concession to the 21st Century in the shape of a 42 inch plasma on the back wall - with the sound turned down, of course.

Number 1 would have to be the Lazy Toad, because they sell Summer Lightning. And I like the old hobbit who shuffles round collecting glasses. And its right next to an excellent curryhouse.

The perfect mini-pub crawl, those three.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
The way that property prices are rocketing in Shoreham, they'll ALL be poncey gastro-pubs in about eighteen months. Well, apart from the Duke Of wellington that is :lol:

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
Easy 10 said:
And I like the old hobbit who shuffles round collecting glasses.
With the dog? He took it outside (not in that sense) last night, let it pee on the pavement and then took it back in. Could do a job?

My Shoreham pub of choice was always the Kings Head - which was closed to allow the Ropetackle development to go ahead or (to put it another way) to allow Watneys to make a fortune selling the site.

As far as I recall, it was the last pub anywhere to sell Tamplins Sussex Bitter from a barrel sitting on the counter behind the bar.

When it shut, the landlord moved to the Snowdrop in Lewes and revived the fortunes of that place, opening the way for the Snowdrop eventually to become one of the most off the wall drinking establishments in the world.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Everest said:
With the dog? He took it outside (not in that sense) last night, let it pee on the pavement and then took it back in. Could do a job?
I've never clapped eyes on his mutt, to be honest. But he gives the whole pub a real olde worlde ambience.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
No mention of the Greenjackets?

Double Hard Bastard

Oct 16, 2006
I grew up in Shoreham but found the boozers to be filled with small minded, imbred tossers! I hope the swiss burns to the ground!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here