Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Tory meltdown finally arrived [was: incoming]...

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
The funny thing about the Tories blaming Sunak is that hardly any of this is down to him, this isn't a defence of him, Tories are putting the blame on him and ignoring the main reason they have gone to shit.

The decline is down to Johnson, the man who has run away after being booted out of office, the moment they lost the election was when it turned out number 10 was partying whilst the country was in lockdown.

I'm aware Sunak got a fine, but that was the most ridiculous fine, for the weakest of reasons, just so the police could say they had done something. He was early for a meeting, whilst for the big stuff nothing happened.

The poles were already through the floor when he left, there was no turning round that ship

It seems to have passed you by that throughout the decline that you seem to now put down solely to Johnson Sunak was, as it turns out rather appropriately, his number two :facepalm:

That was the deal that was sold to you and you willingly bought, (and AFAIK continue to buy) hook, line and sinker :shrug:

Last edited:

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
I'm still at a loss to understand why this country's media, that seemed to ask Jeremy Corbyn what he was doing about anti-semitism every single time they interviewed him, remains totally silent about Farage's, UKIP's and Reform's long reported connections with anti semitism, islamaphobia and racism. Found this lot with a couple of Google's in about five minutes. It goes back decades and none of it seems to be being raised at this election.

I'd be very surprised if Reform are not putting up candidates with murky pasts connected to these issues. UKIP previously admitted failure to vet people https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/po...t-all-council-candidates-to-keep-out-BNP.html and they seemed a more organised political party than Reform do.

The TV companies and the newspapers consistently ignore the fact that there are questions to be asked and allow him to set the agenda in a way they never did with Corbyn.

Worth adding that Prime Minister Johnson had a long record of making racist remarks, including name-dropping several phrases from the Rivers of Blood speech.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I'm still at a loss to understand why this country's media, that seemed to ask Jeremy Corbyn what he was doing about anti-semitism every single time they interviewed him, remains totally silent about Farage's, UKIP's and Reform's long reported connections with anti semitism, islamaphobia and racism. Found this lot with a couple of Google's in about five minutes. It goes back decades and none of it seems to be being raised at this election.

I'd be very surprised if Reform are not putting up candidates with murky pasts connected to these issues. UKIP previously admitted failure to vet people https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/po...t-all-council-candidates-to-keep-out-BNP.html and they seemed a more organised political party than Reform do.

The TV companies and the newspapers consistently ignore the fact that there are questions to be asked and allow him to set the agenda in a way they never did with Corbyn.

Yes, you're right.

Perhaps one could argue that the media took little note of Corbyn till he became the leader of a real political party, but even so, the lack of scrutiny is poor. Perhaps the media is saving it all up for a shit tsunami just when it hurts most - at the last minute.

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
Corbyn’s gone. The Labour Party are about to take government directly because of this fact. The left really need to let go
My post was not in support of Corbyn. I thought he was a nice enough man, but a useless leader of the Labour Party. I merely used him as an example of what journalists don't do when confronting Farage. They don't hold him to account over deeply concerning issues that surround him and a lot of his colleagues. The way they approached Corbyn is just evidence that they can do what is required, they just don't.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Corbyn’s gone. The Labour Party are about to take government directly because of this fact. The left really need to let go
Come on. Corbyn's treatment was mentioned as a comparator with the way the media lets Farage of the hook. The post wasn't 'about' Corbyn :shrug:

Javeaseagull

NSC Patron
Feb 22, 2014
My post was not in support of Corbyn. I thought he was a nice enough man, but a useless leader of the Labour Party. I merely used him as an example of what journalists don't do when confronting Farage. They don't hold him to account over deeply concerning issues that surround him and a lot of his colleagues. The way they approached Corbyn is just evidence that they can do what is required, they just don't.

Any idea what Farages front door looks like? BBC had a reporter outside Corbyns house every day despite him never making a comment. Even when every other reporter had left they still kept one there. I have no idea what any other politicians door looks like, funny that.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Corbyn was accused of letting Antisemitism happen within his party.

Farage was accused of chanting and actively supporting the most vile episodes of Antisemitism.

Which one did the BBC decide to put on it's premier political discussion program more than any other person in it's history ???

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
You mention him and you are of the left, and there's nothing as naive as being of the left. It's incontrovertible.

Cotton Socks

Skint Supporter
Feb 20, 2017
If enough people feel the way you do, this lot are destined for the wood chipper. Sunk is a nasty entitled clueless little shit, who needs to f*** off and spend more time with his money. Which he will surely do, piggybacking on his wife's American citizenship, to go 'home' to California (I predict, in September). I didn't think the Tories could give us anyone more unfit to govern than Johnson (Thick Lizzy doesn't count), but they have. Venal, lying, narcissistic and, yes, on the psychopath spectrum, showing much more carelessness and impulsiveness than one would expect from a slick Machiavellian. Teetering towards....

View attachment 183585
Something tells me his idea of 'National Service' that only applies to the kids & not him for D-Day, might not have gone down to well with people. I'm going to be interested to see what my mum thinks. My Grandad wasn't involved in the D-Day landings, he was fighting in Africa (people forget those pockets of war). Does the disrespect our PM has shown to the people involved in D-Day, sway her to think that the PM is a tosser, or is that not enough? She may feel detachment because her Dad wasn't actually 'there'? Who knows but it's really sad to think that she would want her Grandson to do National Service & not keep a potential job. What's even more bizarre is that due to TikTok my Jnr thinks it will be a volunteer thing, they've missed out the 'mandatory' part. 🤦‍♀️

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I heard that the woman who threw the milkshake was the girlfriend of Farages press secretary. Set up for the victim vote.;)
That was debunked the same day.
Another woman has been charged with assault.

golddene

Jul 28, 2012
That’s one way of looking at it I suppose but gloating and jeering aren’t going to sort out the health service
Good Grief the irony is strong in this one, maybe taking stock and considering the implications of casting their votes in series from 2010 through to 2019 our health service possibly wouldn’t have been so run down to the point where saving the remains of what it was wouldn’t be such an issue……….

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
The trouble is that there will be no credible opposition come 5th July and following a euphoric victory parade the Labour Party will do as they please, subject to the in fighting and eventual self destruct. Then what/who?
I get the impression you think Labour will follow the Tory lead when you describe them as doing as they please! I think most don't believe that they will be lining their own pockets, those of their local landlord, giving peerages to suspected relatives (whether daughter or sister), appointing to offices of state people who are clearly incapable or having secret meetings with other states with no civil servants to record the events etc etc.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here