Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Transfer news

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
A new striker wouldnt replace Owouso as he was only here on a short term loan he would replace either Murray or Forster or more accurately supplement them both and give us another option.

pork pie

Dec 27, 2008
Pork pie land.
A new striker wouldnt replace Owouso as he was only here on a short term loan he would replace either Murray or Forster or more accurately supplement them both and give us another option.

Ok, if you are going to split hairs, to replace the proposed addition to our squad of Owouso. Happy?:yawn:

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Owouso, had he signed, would have been more of a bit player than you suggest Forster is going to be IMHO. We had a golden few weeks out of him after what was a very disappointing season for him. Had we signed him 5 years ago then you are talking!

les dynam

Oct 10, 2008
Hove
am i the only one who hopes we sell murrey? the bloke is NEVER fit, so i don't really see what we're losing. he's clearly a good player but you'll always need to sign loan forwards to cover him throughout the season. get rid.

Forster's Armband

Sep 23, 2008
London
Forster will NOT be a bit part player. Vital role for him this season, although I do agree that he wont play as many games as a younger striker.

Foolg

Apr 23, 2007
am i the only one who hopes we sell murrey? the bloke is NEVER fit, so i don't really see what we're losing. he's clearly a good player but you'll always need to sign loan forwards to cover him throughout the season. get rid.

14/15 goals and a few assists does make a difference, losing that is not easy to replace. Fair enough we got a tad lucky that Owusu hit some form, but its not as easy as to bring in a striker who will score 15+ goals to replace him!

Caveman

Jul 14, 2003
Forster will NOT be a bit part player. Vital role for him this season, although I do agree that he wont play as many games as a younger striker.

My only concern with Forster is this knee injury, i know he is only a week away from full fitness, but he is not getting any younger and he is starting to show signs of weakness in them. Saying that I hope to be totally proved wrong and he will go on to have a decent season :drink:

les dynam

Oct 10, 2008
Hove
14/15 goals and a few assists does make a difference, losing that is not easy to replace. Fair enough we got a tad lucky that Owusu hit some form, but its not as easy as to bring in a striker who will score 15+ goals to replace him!

if we sell for 400k we have 400k to find someone who can score 15 goals a season. doesn't sound very hard to me

pork pie

Dec 27, 2008
Pork pie land.
Owouso, had he signed, would have been more of a bit player than you suggest Forster is going to be IMHO. We had a golden few weeks out of him after what was a very disappointing season for him. Had we signed him 5 years ago then you are talking!

Who knows? One thing is obvious, Russell Slade obviously feels he needs more options in front of goal. I think we need a big lump to rough things up a bit, and cause other teams to worry.

Foolg

Apr 23, 2007
if we sell for 400k we have 400k to find someone who can score 15 goals a season. doesn't sound very hard to me
Who would you buy for 400k???
Cox has been sold for 2million, Lambert supposedly rated at £1m show how much a decent striker costs. For 400k you would probably be looking at somebody from league 2 like Grant Holt, Andy Bishop or Le fondre........
Grant Holt was never prolific for Forest, and Bishop and Le fondre have been getting 15-20 a season in league 2, but have never proved themselves above that level. I accept we bought Murray from league 2, but not every player will make the step up so well. You also have to consider the fact some player wont want to move south, which is the problem we have with murray at the moment. Personally i think you are under-estimating the difficulty we will have buying a 15+ a season striker for 400k.

les dynam

Oct 10, 2008
Hove
Who would you buy for 400k???
Cox has been sold for 2million, Lambert supposedly rated at £1m show how much a decent striker costs. For 400k you would probably be looking at somebody from league 2 like Grant Holt, Andy Bishop or Le fondre........
Grant Holt was never prolific for Forest, and Bishop and Le fondre have been getting 15-20 a season in league 2, but have never proved themselves above that level. I accept we bought Murray from league 2, but not every player will make the step up so well. You also have to consider the fact some player wont want to move south, which is the problem we have with murray at the moment. Personally i think you are under-estimating the difficulty we will have buying a 15+ a season striker for 400k.

recent signings would suggest we are offering very good wages at the moment, why else would people like crofts and smith sign here when they could probably play championship football. so therefore seeing what 400k gets you isn't perhaps the right way to look at this. we might be better off following the recent trend and looking at out of contract players and offering them really good wages. so with that scenario, losing murrey for 400k and using most of that on wages might be a better way of weighing up the pros and cons of the transfer. that was a bit boring wasn't it!

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
How about an unsettled Sol Campbell from Portsmouth? Complete rumour ... no fact whatsoever ... and we couldn't afford his wages, but apart from that ... oh and he would still be attractive to Premiership and Championship sides ... and we couldn't afford the fee ... but other than that I think he's odds on to come to us!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here