Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Trick or Treat count!

smudge

Up the Albion!
Jul 8, 2003
On the ocean wave
I sat here in the dark all night dressed as Freddie Kruger, waiting to scare the living shit out of the little bastards.....no-one came!!!!

Penny for the Guy?? :lolol:

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Well I was counting and we had 15! These varied from sweet little groups of 3/4 year olds to two teenage boys who weren't even dressed up - and were NOT impressed at getting a couple of liquorice allsorts each. I think they were expecting drugs.

As Smudge says - Penny for the Guy! If I see any kids with a Guy this year I'll give 'em a fiver for keeping alive a British tradition.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Gwylan said:
Until this year, I'd never had a trick-or-treater, but we had about half a dozen last night.

I agree about the people on NSC being miserable sods, what harm does it do to give some kids a few Mars bars?

What if you don't believe in it and you have to put up with 10-15 groups of kids coming to your door EXPECTING treats and leaving disappointed if they don't recieve anything?

Rangdo

Registered Cider Drinker
Apr 21, 2004
Cider Country
The one night of the year when he can walk the streets looking handsome.

SussexHoop

Dec 7, 2003
My young daughter had a friend round and they both got dressed up, faces painted, the lot. We carved the face into the pumpkin and put it on the doorstep with a candle inside and waited.

I reckon we had about 6 calls, ages ranging from about 5-15, all of them dressed up, most of them with an adult in tow. A selection of sweets were wrapped in aluminium foil and buried in a bowl, containing the mush that constitutes the inside of the pumpkin...you want them, get your hand in there and fish them out.

The younger ones were a bit reluctant but the older ones did the deed for them. We gave them wipes to clean their hands with afterwards. Once my daughter's friend went home, we put a sign up on the door saying 'No more Trick Or Treat' and that was that.

I wonder if it would make life easier for everyone if it was a case of put a pumpkin on your doorstep if you're up for 'Trick Or Treat'. No pumpkin, no visitors.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here