Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Ⓩ-Ⓐ-Ⓜ-Ⓞ-Ⓡ-Ⓐ;4983681 said:
This is such a shit thread.
:lolol:

It's title says our best player has signed, quickly degenerates into about six squabbles and is still going down hill from there. It's NSC at it's brilliant best. Take a bow everyone.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
To be accurate, he said "Mattock to sign"

At that point, it looked highly likely that Mattock was going to sign. He didn't say "Mattock has signed".

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
It's title says our best player has signed, quickly degenerates into about six squabbles and is still going down hill from there. It's NSC at it's brilliant best. Take a bow everyone.

Just to clarify I've put about 4 posts into this thread and remain a "squabble free zone" but if it helps I can get into one, don't want to be the odd one out!

Oscar

Nov 10, 2003
It would be dumb for him to make such a strong claim if it weren't going to happen. Can't imagine Vicente himself would be too enamoured by seeing the 95% plastered across the press if it weren't his view too. To be 95% you gotta believe it's all sorted bar a few loose ends, none of which will be show stoppers. That's how I'd read "95%" in any sort of contract negotiations in business

I agree. I was just being pedantic.

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
Just to clarify I've put about 4 posts into this thread and remain a "squabble free zone" but if it helps I can get into one, don't want to be the odd one out!

Don't be so stupid.

I hope that gets me into the squabbleclub.

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003

Spot on. In fact these days it would be hard to imagine a thread subject - from Mother Theresa downwards - that WOULDN'T degenerate into six squabbles almost immediately.

You'd probably need to have a qualifying period to test this properly, say, 30 posts.

Jimmy Grimble

This thread either needs to be moved to the shit section or re-named, IMO.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
CMS he called right. Sorry, which ones has he got wrong? Who's to say he was wrong in terms of how close we were to signing Mattock and Trotter? I don't think he's got anything wrong yet.

No he didn't.

He started a thread saying "someone is here at the amex, if he signs it will be great". No names from sitch. Other posters guessed it was CMS, because at this point everyone knew we were in for him, any way.

His accuracy was covered in the original mattock to sign +trotter thread. Mattock to sign and another player in talks - Page 15

It's seems pretty likely that sitch does work at the amex, and might hear things, but is rarely the first to hear them, and often is saying things we already know. I don't know if this is one of those cases where his working at the amex gives him confirmation, or if the people working there are just passing on the same info we already have (gus saying it was 90-95% done and Kaz tweeting it was done).

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports