Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Vicente has [not] signed [yet]

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
No he didn't.

He started a thread saying "someone is here at the amex, if he signs it will be great". No names from sitch. Other posters guessed it was CMS, because at this point everyone knew we were in for him, any way.

His accuracy was covered in the original mattock to sign +trotter thread. Mattock to sign and another player in talks - Page 15

It's seems pretty likely that sitch does work at the amex, and might hear things, but is rarely the first to hear them, and often is saying things we already know. I don't know if this is one of those cases where his working at the amex gives him confirmation, or if the people working there are just passing on the same info we already have (gus saying it was 90-95% done and Kaz tweeting it was done).
I think he is more in the know than you think. He was right that we were in talks with Mattock and Trotter but because neither of them signed everyone started doubting him. If he says Vicente has signed, I reckon Vicente has signed.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
I might be alone here, but I didn't see much to get excited about and not sure we need another of this type

You are definitely NOT alone... nothing I saw would make me excited about his return, and we defo don't need another winger as a priority...

leigull

Sep 26, 2010
Exactly Acker. He only seems to post stuff that's pretty common knowledge but claiming it's some sort of insider info. Easy to hide behind the 'oh it fell through' line too. Certain people are worthy of believing their bits of info on here, others aren't.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
I think he is more in the know than you think. He was right that we were in talks with Mattock and Trotter but because neither of them signed everyone started doubting him. If he says Vicente has signed, I reckon Vicente has signed.

I haven't said he isn't "in the know", just that what he shares has either gone nowhere, or is things that had been discussed on this board before he posted it. I'm not a particular critic of sitch, as I explained in the mattock/trotter thread. Just covering the accuracy of what he has posted in the past and the myth that he told us about CMS.

Last edited:

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
I haven't said he isn't "in the know", just that what he shares has either gone nowhere, or is things that had been discussed on this board before he posted it. I'm not a articular critic of sitch, as I explained in the mattock/trotter thread. Just covering the accuracy of what he has posted in the past and the myth that he told us about CMS.

Fair enough.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
No other site does a witch hunt as well as NSC

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
For us finally! No announcement to be made yet

Fantastic! Thanks for posting this, and for the record I reckon you're a trusted source on here. I'm frankly amazed at the abuse you get, but please keep posting anything that you hear.

Captain Sensible

Jul 8, 2003
Not the real one
I believe Sitch to be honest and tells us what he hears from his sources. I think some of the attacks from the NSC 'Big Guns' are shameful. They accuse Sitch of being attention seeking when its really the other way around. I don't care how many post you have, some posts from Edna and Simster are just poor.

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
So Gus says, "Vicente 90-95% likely to stay", and someone trying to regain credibility posts "Vicente has signed"... Hmm, how did he get his insider knowledge?!

If only the Argus posted a story somewhere about Vicente being likely to stay, or Gus had given us some indication that his signing was imminent?

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset

I know for absolute certain that we had some discussion with Mattock although my understanding is that it never got as far as a firm contract offer because he made his requirements salary-wise known from the outset, but were we "in talks" with Trotter? I know it's something we fans would like but whether it has happened or not I don't recall seeing anywhere?

As for Vicente - I have no doubt he has said he will sign although whether the paperwork has been completed I wouldn't have the foggiest. However, I struggle to see why the club wouldn't say so straight out if the contract was already logged with the FA. Don't think the OP has done anything wrong in passing on what he has heard which I suspect is that, as far as everyone at the club is concerned, it's a done deal.

Last edited:

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009
God, I do hope you're right, Sitch.

You went so far down in my estimation after the Trotter/Mattock shambles that I ripped the life size poster of you off my wall and fed it to the dog.
Let's hope I can find another poster to replace it.

I can think of quite a few posters than you can feed to your dog,and if he aint very hungrey, then i'll lend you my dog to finish them off:)

leigull

Sep 26, 2010
I know for absolute certain that we had some discussion with Mattock although my understanding is that it never got as far as a firm contract offer because he made his requirements salary-wise known from the outset, but were we "in talks" with Trotter? I know it's something we fans would like but whether it has happened or not I don't recall seeing anywhere?

To be in talks with Trotter we would have had to have agreed a deal with Millwall wouldn't we? And all the Millwall sources said no contact had been made from anyone over Trotter, despite the supposed interest from us and possibly Saints.

supaseagull

Feb 19, 2004
The United Kingdom of Mile Oak
To be in talks with Trotter we would have had to have agreed a deal with Millwall wouldn't we? And all the Millwall sources said no contact had been made from anyone over Trotter, despite the supposed interest from us and possibly Saints.

Some negotiations are kept highly confidential so even if we are in talks with someone then the media probably wouldn't be told we are when they ask!

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Bloody Sky rate Vicente as a 5 = "Below Average - Some faults, out-of-touch."

Run by shoddy people, that empire.
Sky's chief correspondent thinks our goal against France was thanks to a great cross by Milner.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here