Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Vicente has [not] signed [yet]

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
He is obviously also aware of our aspirations but I don't think that "assurances" or him being "satisfied" with potential signings come into it as part of any contract negotiations.

Unless he is v.happy with the club and was going to sign anyway, I'd be very surprised if they didn't form part of the negotiations. I'm not saying he would say "Go and sign x, and I'll re-sign", but he would want to know what our intentions are, and to prove that TB et al would say "we are trying to sign x and y or similar". We know this happens in practice at clubs.

Jul 5, 2003
Bristol
He is obviously also aware of our aspirations but I don't think that "assurances" or him being "satisfied" with potential signings come into it as part of any contract negotiations.

Agree wholeheartedly with this. Honestly, he is unlikely to even know who, say, Danny Murphy is. So even if we were to sign someone as outstanding as that i doubt it'd have much impact on Vicente's decision.
He's thinking 'is this the best move for me, my mental well being, my wife and family, and financially, is it viable?'. Not 'will i get to play with Emille Heskey'?

DIFFBROOK

Really Up the Junction
Feb 3, 2005
Yorkshire
Also from reading the Argus, JFC says

"To have someone like that (Vicente) really is fantastic. The club has moved forward so much. A few years ago you'd never have thought we'd have a player like him in the side but it's reality now."

From reading this and KLL tweet, the players already know that Vicente has committed his future. Either its just a case of getting contract faxed to the FA, or that the club wants to announce the signing when either the player is in England (Monday) or alongside other signings.

What great days these are.

Drumstick

NORTHSTANDER
Jul 19, 2003
Peacehaven
Also from reading the Argus, JFC says

"To have someone like that (Vicente) really is fantastic. The club has moved forward so much. A few years ago you'd never have thought we'd have a player like him in the side but it's reality now."

From reading this and KLL tweet, the players already know that Vicente has committed his future. Either its just a case of getting contract faxed to the FA, or that the club wants to announce the signing when either the player is in England (Monday) or alongside other signings.

What great days these are.

I noticed that too this morning, I'm convinced and if it comes out that he did sign yesterday then a few people should (but wont) say sorry to Sitch.

Jul 5, 2003
Bristol
I noticed that too this morning, I'm convinced and if it comes out that he did sign yesterday then a few people should (but wont) say sorry to Sitch.

Why? Because he has started a thread about something we pretty much all knew anyway? It's attention seeking drivel.

DIFFBROOK

Really Up the Junction
Feb 3, 2005
Yorkshire

Yep. I think Sitch info is more reliable than most on here. A lot on NSC seem to forget that until they get it officially either by club website, text or Argus, then whatever anyone says on here is only heresay. I take more notice of Sitch heresay on Albion transfer news than a lot of others.

DIFFBROOK

Really Up the Junction
Feb 3, 2005
Yorkshire
Why? Because he has started a thread about something we pretty much all knew anyway? It's attention seeking drivel.

Erm did we? Certainly our hopes were raised by what Gus said in the Argus that he was 95% certain the player would sign and by KLL tweet. But Sitch has said that Vicente has signed. Apart from Sitch, no one else has said that and from KLL tweet and now JFC comments in the paper it appears that Vicente has.......or near enough signed. But of course until its officially confirmed, its heresay.

I have seen a lot of attention seeking drivel on this site, but this isn't one of them.

I'm sure NSC would love to have Tony Blooms secretary posting on this site, but until that day happens we have Sitch and others. (unless Sitch is Tony Blooms secretary)

Jul 5, 2003
Bristol
Erm did we? Certainly our hopes were raised by what Gus said in the Argus that he was 95% certain the player would sign and by KLL tweet. But Sitch has said that Vicente has signed. Apart from Sitch, no one else has said that and from KLL tweet and now JFC comments in the paper it appears that Vicente has.......or near enough signed. But of course until its officially confirmed, its heresay.

I have seen a lot of attention seeking drivel on this site, but this isn't one of them.

I'm sure NSC would love to have Tony Blooms secretary posting on this site, but until that day happens we have Sitch and others. (unless Sitch is Tony Blooms secretary)

Or, if he truly does know, he could wait until the official announcement like everyone else. When the club wants us to know we'll know.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone

DIFFBROOK

Really Up the Junction
Feb 3, 2005
Yorkshire
Or, if he truly does know, he could wait until the official announcement like everyone else. When the club wants us to know we'll know.

That would take away one of the pleasures of this site - the rumours, some outlandish that come off i.e CMS, others that dont i.e Owen. Going back to when we first heard whispers that Vicente may sign for us, it was incredible. I stayed glued to NSC up until nearly midnight and then got no work done the day after. I suppose I could have waited until it came out officially, but I would have missed out on the Restaurant photos of his agent and the Gatwick run etc.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Fingers-crossed for a triple signing announcement Mon then!?

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
Already been done and waiting to be announced, the club are going to do 5pm news announcements from now until the start of the season so they have to stretch them out a bit.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here