Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Vokes and CMS

HenryC

Mar 27, 2010
South West!
Think 3.5.2 with vokes and CMS fed by a couple of wing backs and jake/Harley/Vicente and a defensive back 3 protected by Bridcutt/vincelot/Navarro. Opens up a few options doesn't it?

Eg Brez. Gg. Dunky. Adam. Bridders. Buckers. Jake. Spaz Noony. CMS. Vokes.

Last edited:

ferring seagull

Dec 30, 2010
Think 3.5.2 with vokes and CMS fed by a couple of wing backs and jake/Harley/Vicente and a defensive back 3 protected by Bridcutt/vincelot/Navarro. Opens up a few options doesn't it?

Without addressing specifics, that's a pretty good shout as long as you are sure about the defensive qualities, given the potential upward march to the premiershi* in due course, but one I would not necessarily disagree with.

The thing which springs to mind is that it is possibly not how Gus would see things/wish to do things as possibly too attacking ?

slimes

Aug 23, 2011
cheltenham
why change a winning side! vokes will need time to adjust and id prefer him do that in training ,we havent lost in 2012,so im optimistic about barnes and jfc still :)

Fef

Rock God.
Feb 21, 2009
I feel that this could be the start of something big.

halbpro

Jan 25, 2012
Brighton

I like it, but wonder if it limits our options to play for space at the back a little? I suppose that might be countered by giving more options to move it forwards from the back 3, as we'll have more places to play it to in the mid-field.

Personally I think Gus will probably play 4-4-2, and try to bring it forwards on the wings to knock it over the Vokes who can then either score or utilise CMS's pace to put it forwards to him. I mean it's a pretty typical tactic, but with Buckley proving capable of bringing in an attack from the wings it should mix things up a little, and CMS's pace really gives something that a lot of defenders seem worried by.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here