JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
Vote Guy Butters every month :jester:

Falmer Dream

Feb 2, 2004
Raphael Meade said:
how on EARTH can you say the marney one was silly.. but vote for jake?!?! he's played about 2 hours all month and hasnt scored.
Less than 2 hours. But this is the March award. He hasn't played yet, but voting has started so it's time to play the system - just as we did with Butters.

Raphael Meade

Jul 5, 2003
Shoreham/LA
Falmer Dream said:
Less than 2 hours. But this is the March award. He hasn't played yet, but voting has started so it's time to play the system - just as we did with Butters.

yes i understand that, but butters was OUTSTANDING all month. if we are going to 'play the system' we should at least pick a player that is going to be playing regularly.

i'm all for making the youngsters feel wanted, what about virgo - he's been playing very well and would deserve an award like this.

voting jake just makes it all seem a bit farcical. for jake as well as everyone watching it happen.

Last edited:

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
You think that Jake might leave us because we didnt vote him Player of the month for a handful of sub appearances???

Well if he or any of our players were that shallow I wouldnt even want them here.

Jake is a real talent and will have plenty of opportunities to win this award legitimately in the future. Lets not devalue the award for everybody else.

fatboy

Jul 5, 2003
Falmer
Raphael Meade said:

i'm all for making the youngsters feel wanted, what about virgo - he's been playing very well and would deserve an award like this.

voting jake just makes it all seem a bit farcical. for jake as well as everyone watching it happen.

I doubt there are many clubs coming in for Virgo though.

Although I agree, he scored a goal on Saturday and still no one sang his name. He came over to the fans at the end as well.

Raphael Meade

Jul 5, 2003
Shoreham/LA
Albion Dan said:
[B Lets not devalue the award for everybody else. [/B]

exactly!!! how will guy feel if he thinks he's earned his award (if he wins it) this month and then jake wins it next month for doing not a lot.

he'll think we're taking the piss again!!!

Falmer Dream

Feb 2, 2004
Raphael Meade said:
exactly!!! how will guy feel if he thinks he's earned his award (if he wins it) this month and then jake wins it next month for doing not a lot.

he'll think we're taking the piss again!!!
We're not taking the piss this time, just recognising Butters' effort and an excellent young player. Or we could let QPR win it.

Last edited:

Raphael Meade

Jul 5, 2003
Shoreham/LA
Falmer Dream said:
We're not taking the piss this time, just recognising Butters' effort and an excellent young player. Or we could let QPR win it.

yeah i know we're not. i've voted for him. what i was saying is what is he gonna think when next month a player wins it who, with the greatest respect to jake, hasn't done a whole lot!!

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
I think I'll wait a couple of weeks before deciding who the best player has been this month.

Quite frankly it's stupid to start voting when no games have been played yet, and that's a fault of the system rather than anything else. If they wan't an award for player of the month, you should only be able to vote in the last few days - like our club site used to do a few seasons back.

It may turn out that Jake gets a run in the team and bags a few goals, and if that's the case, I'll gladly vote for him. I think if Dan Harding keeps Kezza out for the whole month, he'll probably deserve some recognition, though. Why make it next month? He may be injured by then!!

Gary Nelson

Jul 25, 2003
Hove
I just feel that Mr Rumble has an unhealthy obsession towards Jake Robinson. Its a worry as Iv always though he was straight.

Trigger

Jul 4, 2003
Brighton
Looks like the votes are being split amongst the Albion faithful with Guy Butters, Jake Robinson and Dan Harding all in the top 5!

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
Nationwide Division 2
Player Team
Guy Butters Brighton
Tommy Doherty Bristol City
Daniel Harding Brighton
Jake Robinson Brighton
Jay Tabb Brentford

-------------

last month guy,

this month jake.

Exiled in Exeter

Jul 16, 2003
W3D
Might this not get Brighton removed from the voting again?

saltash seagull

Mar 1, 2004
cornwall
Surely if we gonna do this then charlie would b the best bet? after all at least he's likely 2 play regularly during march and he has been in fantastic form since he got back in the team at qpr

Falmer Dream

Feb 2, 2004
Exiled in Exeter said:
Might this not get Brighton removed from the voting again?
Last time we got removed for trading votes with supporters from clubs in other divisions. I don't see they can do anything this time unless Butters wins it again, in which case he will certainly be disqualified.

Falmer Dream

Feb 2, 2004
February winners were:

Prem: Steven Gerrard (Liverpool)
Div 1: Andy Johnson (Palace Scum)
Div 2: Neil Moss (Bournemouth)
Div 3: Lee Harper (Northampton)

No prize for Butters.

The Moss award, when James Hayter scored a hat-trick in 140 seconds for Bournemouth late in the month, shows the limitations of the voting system. Of course they should change it to allow voting only towards the end of the month, but in the mean time we have to go with the system as it is.

We must do better in March. Jake is in the top 5 and has a lot of pledges on here. Perhaps those who are understandably sceptical or oppose voting for anyone before they've even played a match (!) will consider waiting for 2 or 3 weeks and then voting for him if he's done enough, rather than splitting the Albion vote by voting for someone else now.

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
I will definately not vote for Jake until he has started some more matches or made a telling contribution, If this situation changes then ill change my mind. At present Id rather give it to Virgo, who has been a revelation since coming into the side.

I wish everyone would take off the jake tinted spectacles. He will be a great for us but why the rush and added pressure?

Look into my eyes. Look into my eyes. The eyes. The eyes. Not around the eyes. Don't look around my eyes. Look into my eyes... You're under....

Attachments

• kenny.jpg
    kenny.jpg
    4.7 KB · Views: 27

Raphael Meade

Jul 5, 2003
Shoreham/LA
Falmer Dream said:
[B

Perhaps those who are understandably sceptical or oppose voting for anyone before they've even played a match (!) will consider waiting for 2 or 3 weeks and then voting for him if he's done enough, rather than splitting the Albion vote by voting for someone else now. [/B]

good idea.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here