Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] We are no better than last season at this point FACT

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
I thought Paul Barber's interview was very open and honest. I thought it was good. There are two lines or so in that interview that no one has ever even picked up in that interview. Not a morcel of it . I think it is the most interesting part of the whole interview but no one has ever run with it.

I have always wanted to run with it but I would have been shot down with if I did but I commend Paul for stating it

It was.......but why so obtuse (or fear of a few keyboard warriors) ?

Barber backed up virtually everything that has been reiterated on here in terms of the club needing a different manager to go in it’s intended direction. I thought the most interesting bit of the discussion was about getting the right type of players for the system the head coach wanted to deploy........

Loved his response to White’s question along the lines of of being a bit of a risk/gamble.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
It was.......but why so obtuse (or fear of a few keyboard warriors) ?

Barber backed up virtually everything that has been reiterated on here in terms of the club needing a different manager to go in it’s intended direction. I thought the most interesting bit of the discussion was about getting the right type of players for the system the head coach wanted to deploy........

Loved his response to White’s question along the lines of of being a bit of a risk/gamble.

You describe my response as " obtuse " - Why ? That's one thing I never am.

The word you are looking for is " calculated ".. I never throw the arguments that JRG does. I love how he defends my friend but I would never do so with subjective stats.

I liked Paul Barber' interview today. That's all I am prepared to say on the subject.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Whatever. Doesn't make for much of a debate though. I didn't think PB said anything particularly surprising.

Sent from my H8314 using Tapatalk

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
First time we’ve beaten Arsenal away in our history FACT

We may be on the same number of points or just behind but this side is firstly deserving its wins not just scraping through...and secondly we perhaps should be winning even more convincingly tonight....so much more to come rather than us playing to our maximum as we were.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Take nothing away from this, as Lee Dixon kindly purrs over us, this is one of our greatest ever results. One of the biggest forces in world football for decades, beaten, deservedly, by little old us on their own patch.

Pardew has even just commented how loud our fans were. Pardew ffs. Perfect night.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
First time we’ve beaten Arsenal away in our history FACT

We may be on the same number of points or just behind but this side is firstly deserving its wins not just scraping through...and secondly we perhaps should be winning even more convincingly tonight....so much more to come rather than us playing to our maximum as we were.

Had we played five of the alleged top six away from home at this stage of last season? I think not. We are light years ahead of last year’s team imo. We haven’t had a lucky win yet.

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
This comment pretty much sums it up for me.
8161c483d7dccedc8499abb259325de8.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Jolly Red Giant

Jul 11, 2015
Had we played five of the alleged top six away from home at this stage of last season? I think not. We are light years ahead of last year’s team imo. We haven’t had a lucky win yet.

At this point last season -

Man U (are they top six) 3-2 at home
Liverpool 0-1 away
Spurs 1-2 home
Man C 0-2 away
Leicester 1-1 at home

This season
Man C 0-4 away
Chelsea 0-2 away
Spurs 3-0 home
Man U 1-3 away
Leicester 0-2 home
Liverpool 1-2 away
Arsenal 2-1 away

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
20 shots away at Arsenal. That’s more than the whole of last season.

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
Again - over the past two seasons which of the young players were capable of making an impact on the pitch in the PL?

Unable to answer because your beloved Chris never gave youth a chance

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
3 of our wins this season have come from 'top half' teams, which is an improvement on last season, we still need to nail home our superiority over the lesser teams. Something we didn't do last season either . . . Tomorrow is a good test of where we really are, a club a bit like us, at our level etc . . . A draw is most likely, but we should and I expect will play to win, and hopefully not score one less than them!

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Who said he was -

that is Bloom's prerogative - and nobody is disputing this.

Hughton did the best he could with the resources he had - and he had less resources at Norwich than he did at Brighton. He is an under-rated manager and has managed successfully in the PL for a lot longer than most managers who are given a job in this league. Managing for 5 seasons and never being relegated was a remarkable job given the resources that he had at his disposal

Not being relegated is Light Years away from managing successfully in the PL for 5 years. I was happy that we didn't get relegated in our first PL season. We didn't get relegated last season only because Cardiff were slightly worse than us. That is not success

Sent from my LYA-L09 using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here