Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] webuyanycar, Motorway etc

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Sold my FIL’s car to WBAC - it was fairly new and unblemished. Quote was fine and they didn’t try to knock anything off, got the money the same day. Excellent service.

albionalba

Football with optimism
NSC Patron
Aug 31, 2023
sadly in Scotland
Have had a couple of 'just average' experiences with Motorway - i) inflated initial offer quickly reduced even though precise condition highlighted for valuation and ii) seems to be used a lot by 'amateurish' trade buyers who have no idea of geography and can be time-wasters (I think there must be a get-rich-quick-as-a-car-dealer article somewhere that essentially says buy cheap on Motorway and re-sell locally as a private individual on FM) and they are jumping on that bandwagon. I didn't find Motorway very helpful in sorting out such time-wasting buyers either.

Boroseagull

Aug 23, 2003
Alhaurin de la Torre
Helped my daughter sell her car last year. Offered it to both Motorway and WBAC. Motorway weren't interested and WBAC made an offer £1000 more than she had been offered in PX. Having used this company before (and the Spanish equivalent) I told her to sit on the offer for 24 hours as they will come back with a higher one - they did. Took the car to WBAC at Bury St. Edmunds where they 'found' a couple of little marks, reduced their price by £500. I said (on behalf of daughter) thanks but no thanks and started to walk away. The guy then coughed and said 'well how much do you want'? I said the original offer and they agreed. Money was paid into her account within 3 hours.

BigBod

Dec 12, 2014
I sold a Nissan Juke to WBAC, very smooth transaction, only knocked £200 off the on-line offer. I got £1500 more than I paid for it a year earlier. The secret is to be totally honest when describing your car on-line, you won't then be disappointed at the inspection.

I also got a quote from them for an older Jag X Type, offered half of what I wanted so didn't proceed. Put it on Ebay at a cost of £20 for a classified ad and sold it for the asking price 4 days later.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here