Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

West Ham United vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

loco61

Jan 30, 2004
Hove GOSBTS
amazing thing is that if the results stay as they are at half time ...win our last three incl two at home and we could even still make the play offs!

Last edited:

Weezle

Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
Has anyone watched West Ham in the last few weeks. Yes they have quality forward players who can hurt you. But their defence has been shocking, hence their scorelines...and what do we do, go there and defend.....We are getting what we deserve, no sorry WE are not getting what WE deserve because we deserve better that this....All them attacking players on the bench,,Lualua and Buckley can murder any defence in this league....Im sorry, this team selection today was totally incompietent and this has been coming for a long time.

Our problem is though that although our wingers are great we are one of the lowest scorers in the division. If we had gone all out attack we could have left ourselves even more exposed at the back and be losing even heavier.

I'd imagine this was Gus' thoughts anyway. Try and do what West Ham did to us at our place to them. Sit men behind the ball, frustrate them and try and catch them in the break.

It's always easy to be wise after the event!

luge

Dec 18, 2010
The defence is League one standard... Calderon getting forward too much constantly pulling everyone out of position. Possibly why El Abd looks so bad as the defence is really stretched.

Assulin and Vicente different class...Need others to step up to plate.

The only chance we've had we've gone close.... we need to create more.

Also a lesson for us about PL... players are bigger, stronger and are harder to get off the ball. In order to compete, this is what we need to buy.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
what the bloody hell has happened to El Abd??

I don't normally get involved in all this slagging off/defending of players BUT

Painter - really?? first game for months and Gus puts him into the most important game of the season so far

Our midfield just isn't up to the job

Obvious answer, he is our LB when the loanee is injured.

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
Our problem is though that although our wingers are great we are one of the lowest scorers in the division. If we had gone all out attack we could have left ourselves even more exposed at the back and be losing even heavier.

I'd imagine this was Gus' thoughts anyway. Try and do what West Ham did to us at our place to them. Sit men behind the ball, frustrate them and try and catch them in the break.

It's always easy to be wise after the event!

Im not being wise after the event, I said we would get smashed when I saw the line up.

D

Deleted member 22389

I predict we are going to win 4-3. Well you have to be positive. Seriously the first 10 mins was bad for my health lol. It was Liverpool all over again.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here