Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

West Ham United vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
Our problem is though that although our wingers are great we are one of the lowest scorers in the division. If we had gone all out attack we could have left ourselves even more exposed at the back and be losing even heavier.

I'd imagine this was Gus' thoughts anyway. Try and do what West Ham did to us at our place to them. Sit men behind the ball, frustrate them and try and catch them in the break.

It's always easy to be wise after the event!
I keep hearing all this exposed at the back rubbish,are our defenders not good enough then?is this why gus goes defensive all the time because he doesn't have faith in them?as soon as you go defensive you're inviting pressure.

Racek

Wing man to TFSO top boy.
Jan 3, 2010
Edinburgh
Channel im watching keep playing the first goal on a loop. Must say that really is poor keeping. First rule of goal keeping - body behind the ball. ¨

I would take sexy Pete off now.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
We can't pay the wages that teams like West Ham have unless Bloom releases more money for the playing budget. Hopefully now this will show him that we need to buy players who can perform consistently.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Nothing to lose in the second half. Just relax and go through the skills lads :thumbsup:

brightn'ove

cringe
Apr 12, 2011
London
It's always easy to be wise after the event!

to be fair to him, he did predict this when the line up came up on here.

It was a stupid tactic, it hasnt work, and now we need to change it. i would much prefer us to lose 5-3 and have gone out fighting hard, then lose 5-0 because of a ridiculous tactical decision to play a league 1 team at the back.

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
What? i said we're playing alright after we've gone 3 down, Some teams would lay down and continue to get spanked.

So you don't think the fact that West Ham are 3-0 up and could have been 5, had nothing to do with the fact that maybe they slacked off a bit,,,as in job already done?

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Channel im watching keep playing the first goal on a loop. Must say that really is poor keeping. First rule of goal keeping - body behind the ball. ¨

I would take sexy Pete off now.

Do you really think Ankergren would cope any better with the aerial shots that West Ham put in? The thought makes me shudder.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton

Thanks

Why should a team improve after going 3 down?

It's not so much us improving as our opponents taking it easy. They are 3-0 up, they've almost certainly won the game so they don't run as hard, don't press us as much, take bigger risks with flairy plays that maybe backfire, they sit back and let us pass it around knowing they don't need to close us down and get the ball off us so urgently. So, it's not so much we have improved as west ham have taken their foot off the gas and are letting us do our 'passing it around without really threatening' thing.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Too much pretty football , we look like West Ham playing in the wrong colours. Need to be more effective up front , don't get anything from bossing the midfield if there isn't an end result.

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
What the f*** was that first ten minutes about?!

Does Poyet really dislike Southampton that much that he's sent us out to single handedly(is that a word?) correct the goal difference between West Ham and Saints?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here