Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

West Ham United vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Didnt we play Reyes at left back without Mattock vs Reading that is my point you idiot.
ooo :flounce:

Reyes had a good game vs Reading so why change it
Perhaps Poyet disagrees with you. But you must know best.
and then you come up with a point that makes no sense at all that Mattock is out
You were asking why Painter played, I thought maybe you'd missed Mattock's absence.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
My attitude this season has changed as the season goes on. When we were first promoted I just wanted to be safe from the relegation fight come march. Then with the signings I was looking for a comfortable top half finish.

Then when we went top despite not playing particularly well, paired with Southampton be being up there, I was hoping we would find form and might make a go of it.

Then I got angry because we kept dropping points we shouldn't have. Not that we were being outplayed or were out of our depth, but silly mistakes such Leeds' equaliser.

Then our winless run stretched into double figures and I pretty much gave up on expectations for the season.

In recent weeks with results going our way while we were in the play offs, I was trying hard not to get too attached, but was getting a little hopeful.

I no longer have that hope, but am not disappointed or angry. Mostly ambivalent.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Gus is really trying my patience now. I can't wait till he flounces off early again. Then I really will despise the childish buffoon. He seems to jump between saying we are great (which we are, considering where and how we were) and then the other times we're so shit that he has to walk out as if to say 'it's YOUR fault, so what if i put you where you won't work, you have to deal with it'.

Another thing. I hope this attitude don't spread further through the squad, after Sat Navs said our season would be a failure if we don't go up.

Too big for their own shoes. f***ing me right off.

No problems with Barnes or Assulin, or Vicente. But then, we haven't had the ball up there much.

As for Brezza...how can you jump from being good to f***ing shite at will? Might as well have had a seagull between the sticks, who flap less than Brez, apparently.

Why don't you come to Bexhill on Wednesday night and put your mouth where your key board is

Last edited:

northampton_seagull

Jun 17, 2008
Northampton
Should this be one of those games where Bloom makes Gus and the players pay for the fans away tickets to compensate them for putting in such an utter shit performance and for the ridiculous starting line up?

BHAFC_Pandapops

Citation Needed
Feb 16, 2011
Oh, this is racist is it? Good grief. It was inevitable.

Attachments

• gus the ape.jpg
    gus the ape.jpg
    113.1 KB · Views: 40

C1 BHA

Jul 5, 2003
Wiltshire
How many were left at the end cos we left after the 5th goal and there was tons of us pouring into Upton Park Tube Station!

del strangefish

Nov 1, 2008
Back of North Stand
WE ARE STAYING UP, I SAID WE ARE STAYING UP !
WE ARE STAYING UP, I SAID WE ARE STAYING UP !

Short trips to Southampton and Charlton next season.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
We couldn't cope with the big attackers (Gus)

I don't think West Ham sat back in the first half after the the third goal, not by the look on Big Sam's face. He rectified it at half-time though.

I think percentage play crosses from deep have been a problem all season, but the opposition needs a good big striker and Vaz Te was the only one so far (we still have to play Birmingham). Becchio caused trouble and Darius Henderson missed good chances. And Caroll, of course.

PS: I though the West Ham defence was really good throughout. They rectified there mistakes against Reading.

It looked like a good goal for the Albion (over the line).

Looking at the Everton goal against Liverpool and that was really shoddy defending. Worse than the Albion.

Last edited:

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
One month holiday. It's been a shit enough day - no need for this kind of shit.

Can you give him a "free pass" to BBS ? Luckily this wasn't a tweet otherwise he would have been in trouble with OB.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
One month holiday. It's been a shit enough day - no need for this kind of shit.

Can you give him a "free pass" to BBS ? Luckily this wasn't a tweet otherwise he would have been in trouble with OB.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here