• Doritos

Votes: 2 3.5%
  • Pringles

Votes: 4 7.0%
  • Tescos Variety Packs

Votes: 2 3.5%
  • Other (please state)

Votes: 9 15.8%
  • This is f***ing stupid, Easy. Whats on the other side ?

Votes: 3 5.3%

• Total voters

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
*covers ears and closes eyes*
find a happy place..find a happy place...

chips and gravy

Jan 5, 2004
worthing
Don't eat crisps - they're too salty

Ex Shelton Seagull

Jul 7, 2003
Block G, Row F, Seat 175
In the caste system of crisps i'm afraid I place Worcester Sauce crunchies in amongst the untouchables, along with the aforementioned nik naks, cheese and onion McCoys and those fish and chip flavoured crisps.
The rank comment was a little OTT (curry flavoured McCoys deserve that tag) but they always seem to be left over when the multipack is nearly finished, swimming around at the bottom of the cupboard waiting for sunday afternoon snack time.
Squares are the Brahmins of the crisp cupboard standing alongside Chicken Sensations and Frazzles. The Sudras would be Walkers Cheese and Onion say. Unremarkable but solid and dependable.
Just for you Easy I will play Ghandi and try and give the crunchies a break tonight.

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
ChapmansThe Saviour said:
I've had many favourites over the years and for a good while I wa tempted by the the land of the Monster Munch but they lost their appeal for some reason (i think i got a bit older). I moved straight onto Skips, lured towards them by the Fizzible Meltiness but the infatuation didn't last.

You didn't change. Monster Munch did. They let us all down and then tried to claim that we were different.

I enjoy the Skip, but do you ever sometimes wonder if they actually ever existed?

Jul 14, 2003
BN2
Missing Brannigans is one thing, Easy, but what happened to Ruffles? (I was reminded of them by the start of your second paragraph.

After all, we all know that "It's the wrinkles in the Ruffles that causes the kerfuffles!"

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Le Premier Cru said:
Missing Brannigans is one thing, Easy, but what happened to Ruffles? (I was reminded of them by the start of your second paragraph.

After all, we all know that "It's the wrinkles in the Ruffles that causes the kerfuffles!"
Ruffles, yes...*strokes chin thoughtfully*
They retained their flavour rather well, not too much in the way of flavour-dust-to-fingertip wastage. Not a classic crisp by any means, it could give off a slightly pretencious aura. Presentable, nonetheless.

I was just fondly recalling "Clumsy Colin", the hapless promoter of Skips. Far too big for his motorbike, he looked a bit of a thug, but kept getting told off by his mum. They just don't have characters like that associated with crisps any more.

*sigh*

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
CrabtreeBHA said:
Someone contact his IT support and get him blocked again please

;) :lolol: :p

whoops forgot to state: Dorito's but must have Dip with them!

Scary, me too.

Must be fate.

:lolol:

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Walkers - Bovril

Giant Seagull

That was textbook
Jul 5, 2003
Wiltshire
brannigans.jpg

Yes, Where have they gone ???

Beef and mustard mmmmm

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I used to enjoy the Brannigans Smoked Ham & Pickle flavours, in those beautifully designed, foil-wrapped yet traditional-looking brown paper bags. WIth the picture of the fat bloke on the front.
What a treat they were - a joy to the eye, a feast for the palette.
And I've just remembered Ringo's too. They were nice, in an onion-ring kind of way.

So many classics lost to us. I'd quite happily sacrifice "Nik Naks" to bring back those Ringo's or brown paper Brannigans.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Gimmicky rubbish I think, Trigger.
Classic crisps stand the test of time. Your Skips, Wotsits, Hula Hoops and Wheat Crunchies will be around forever. Novelty flavours like Hedgehog are invented to sell an inferior crisp - the crisp consuming public know what they want though, and see right through such futile promotions. Once the joke wore off, Hedgehog flavour was doomed.

Just after Christmas, I found an absolutely AMAZING packet of crisps at Middle Farm Shop, Firle (just down the road from Bracknell Towers).

Parsnip, beetroot and carrot crisps - not a potato in sight. Plain crisps, just thinly cut, fried root vegetables. Fantastic flavours.

Can't remember the brand name, just that they were described as "farm fried". The only sensible use for a beetroot that has ever yet been found.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here