Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] What Book are you Currently Reading?

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Please Understand Me II
Temperament Character Intelligence
David Keirsey

If a man does not keep pace with his companions, perhaps it is because he hears a different drummer
Let him step to the music which he hears, however measured or far away ~ Henry David Thoreau

Keirsey Temperament Website

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
About to read Tropics of Capricorn

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Just started 'the girl with the dragon tattoo' (apparently the original name of the book in sweden translates to 'man who hates women')

rcf0712

Out Here In The Perimeter
Feb 26, 2009
Perth, Western Australia
just did the first 13 chapters of Michael Connelly's latest Nine Dragons on the flight up to Tokyo from Perth - brilliant as ever, will doubtless finish it before I get home....

Monsieur Le Plonk

Lethargy in motion
Apr 22, 2009
By a lake
The Devil's Star by Jo Nesbo - 5/10 so far
The last book I finished was a 9/10 - Highways to a War by CJ Koch

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
One Boys War by Anthony Rudd.

He was my uncle's navigator in the RAF in WWII, and when they were shot down by American "friendly fire". So there is a strong personal interest in the book.

Barry Izbak

U.T.A.
Dec 7, 2005
Lancing By Sea
Bugger, I meant The Associate :blush:

I'm reading The Associate at the moment. I like Grisham's books, even if the literary establishment class them as pap. They are always good stories.

rool

Jul 10, 2003
Follow The Money by Shane Ross, basically about the cosy relationship between the bankers, government and the financial regulator in Ireland before the crisis.

Peteinblack

NSC Patron
Jun 3, 2004
Bath, Somerset.
Michel Houellebecq's Atomised, about the alienation and lack of happiness in a society based on rampant individualism and where everything/everyone is treated as a mere commodity for instant gratification.

Not a cheerful or light read, but much of it seems, sadly, to reflect contemporary life !!!

Peteinblack

NSC Patron
Jun 3, 2004
Bath, Somerset.
Just started 'the girl with the dragon tattoo' (apparently the original name of the book in sweden translates to 'man who hates women')

Finally got around to seeing the film yesterday: It's superb. Thoroughly recommend it. Keeps you gripped throughout :thumbsup:

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Finally got around to seeing the film yesterday: It's superb. Thoroughly recommend it. Keeps you gripped throughout :thumbsup:

I saw it last week, it made me want to read the book. Grisham, for me, seems to have strayed too far from the legal dramas and lost me as a fan, I'm looking for something to replace that (I like Jeffrey Deaver's stuff), and this seemed a good read.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here