Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What football laws would you like to be introduced or changed.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Players feigning injury, especially those claiming to have been smacked in the face when nobody was anywhere near them. Play is normally stopped in these instances. A quick VAR check and result in a booking
Hence snipers!

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Corners are becoming increasingly tedious imo. Defenders bear hugging their man. They don't bother looking at the ball just at who they're marking so they can barge or grab a bit of shirt - just enough to stop the run but not enough for a pen.
And just when the corners about to be taken the ref blows up so he can wander over and have a chat to a couple of miscreants who've caught his eye, which seems to happen EVERY BLEEDIN TIME.
Another example for snipers

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
I don't understand why so many people think this would make a significant difference to offside deliberations. All that changes is that VAR needs to get the rulers out for the trailing edge of the attacker and leading edge of the defender, rather than the leading edge of both.

It would of course make for more goals, but wouldn't make any difference at all to the VAR check time / pedantry.
I disagree. Clear space yes or no.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Players feigning injury, especially those claiming to have been smacked in the face when nobody was anywhere near them. Play is normally stopped in these instances. A quick VAR check and result in a booking
i thought VAR would rule this out, but they dont even consider using it unless related to a penalty :rant:

Stephen Seagull

Oct 6, 2015
Barcelona
Pausing a run-up when taking a penalty, the goalkeeper should be allowed to move off the line once the run-up has begun

haardman

Jul 29, 2005
How about if you shield the ball, you are deemed to have played it so it’s a corner, not a goal kick?
You shouldn't be allowed to shield a ball unless you've touched it first. Problem solved. Obstruction if you haven't touched it.

In a similar vein - first person to touch it off the pitch has to take the throw in or corner.

Offside needs to be the same as now but the lines need to be the thickness of a football. If there's any overlap of the lines then it's umpires call. Altenatively bin the lines and just have a quick 15 seconds glance at the replay if there's nothing obvious at first glance then umpires call.

And bloody book people who stand in front of a free kick. It's so blatant.

Stephen Seagull

Oct 6, 2015
Barcelona
Red card for a claimed ‘head injury’ when VAR clearly shows no so such occurrence.
It really makes no sense to me where, with all the camera angles we have and access to live replays, that we cannot punish blatant cheating with either a direct red or a retroactive ban. We’d pretty quickly get a more free flowing game

Imagine if Rivaldo actually got sent off for his shenanigans against Turkey in THAT world cup match

Stephen Seagull

Oct 6, 2015
Barcelona
Wouldn’t the keeper be about 4 yards away by the time they kicked it?
I’ve seen some great penalty takers with a one or two step run up. It would stop the stumble run up which is waiting for the keeper to lift a foot and gaining an unfair advantage by allowing a retake to happen if it’s saved.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here