Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What is wrong with you....????

Gus

Nov 1, 2010
Brighton
Why does there seem to be sooo many negative people on this forum as well as at the Amex? So often all you hear is 'bloody Barnes' this or 'you're shit Dicker' etc etc and other rubbish, and that's from the home fans....!!?? I find it amazing that so many supporters are so negative and seem far happier moaning than supporting what is the best team we have had for years, a (soon to be) award winning new stadium, an oustanding young manager and our highest league position for years... Seriously I wish all the negative moaners would f**k off and go and spew their negative, un(football)educated drivel somewhere else.....!

thisistips

Oct 17, 2010
Away away away
Why does there seem to be sooo many negative people on this forum as well as at the Amex? So often all you hear is 'bloody Barnes' this or 'you're shit Dicker' etc etc and other rubbish, and that's from the home fans....!!?? I find it amazing that so many supporters are so negative and seem far happier moaning than supporting what is the best team we have had for years, a (soon to be) award winning new stadium, an oustanding young manager and our highest league position for years... Seriously I wish all the negative moaners would f**k off and go and spew their negative, un(football)educated drivel somewhere else.....!

100% with you. If you want to be negative, go and support Chelsea. I once sat in the Shed as they booed Wayne Bridge playing it out of defence. At the time we were playing hoofball. The Albion are brilliant. It is years since we've seen their like in Brighton and we should get behind them, even if we're losing.

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
I'm not negative. Didn't expect to get anything last night - I think I predicted 3-0. Don't see us getting much from the remaining games, I feel the season will rather peter out. Still, v.happy where we are, and what we've done this year. If we'd have gone up we would have needed to spend a shed-load not to get spanked every week.

Ali_rrr

Feb 4, 2011
Utrecht, NL
Is it possible to move anyone? The person who sits 2 seats next to me just didn't shut up, 'down the middle Brezovan' 'Barnes you're shit get off the pitch' and 'Poyet you're a disgrace please resign you twat'

Fozzyboy

Jul 5, 2011
Worthing

Im 100% behind you. I think some people just get a bit frustrated as they know the capabilities of some of the players.

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
There's a difference between moaning and constructive criticism or discussing ideas on what and how the team can improve, even if some of the ideas are a bit daft or inconsistent with the popular view. Most of what I see on here falls firmly into the latter categories and long may it continue, otherwise it seems pretty pointless having a discussion forum.

If anyone wants to stop others from having and voicing an opinion I'd say go and try North Korea, works brilliantly there!

crabface

Mar 24, 2012
Completely agree, signed up to stick up for Barnes when everyone was giving him shit. Couldnt be bothered in the end as all the negativity was just ridiculous.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
I would like to quote Meades Ball's response to a moaning git." Mirthless Plums ".... all of them

Tom Bombadil

Jul 14, 2003
Jibrovia
Some people just aren't happy unless they can moan about something. I also think people have ridiculously high expectations and fail to take the opposition into account. It's like they think we're a class above every other team and should win every game by right, and therefore if we dont it's somehow an unforgivable failure by the club.
Also there are posters out there (cough Mr B cough) who seem to think they are somehow experts on the game and they can see things the chairman, manager, coachs, players and the majority of the fans can't and this is proof that they are some sort of amazing reader of the game, rather than a cluelles twat who likes an argument and won't back down.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
Is it possible to move anyone? The person who sits 2 seats next to me just didn't shut up, 'down the middle Brezovan' 'Barnes you're shit get off the pitch' and 'Poyet you're a disgrace please resign you twat'

unbelievable really ........he's probably a man u fan .........f*** em i say ....f*** em all.....i am well happy to be where we are , sure the play offs would be great but ffs , i hang out with forrest , pompey , lester, swerch, cardiff(exception)........they were all expecting promo this year ...........f*** it /em all........seaguuuuuuuuuuuullllllssss....!

mccraque

Feb 24, 2009
I left the ground totally annoyed with the bellends sitting behind me.

Not only were they fat and unable to articulate much of a sentence - their football ideas were

a) limited
b) f***ing stupid.

Between them they had about 3 or 4 sayings that they would bellow in my ear every 2 or 3 minutes. "Launch it", "You're f***ing pathetic albion", "Run it" (even when, for example El Abd was in his own penalty area - this isn't Pro Evo football on the PS3, mate). And my favourite "Get it in the air"

To a man I thought the whole team but in a shift last night and we were very unlucky not to get something from the game - and the negativity amd lack of understanding from certain contingents is, quite frankly, baffling

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
I'm sick to death with all the negativity too. Admittedly there's always been gobshite whiners attending Albion games, but since the move to our fab new stadium the numbers have seemingly gone through the roof (much like people's unrealistic expectations). I just feel blessed that I'm in the North Stand & surrounded by decent season ticket-holding folk who get behind the team. TBH I think I'd be on a banning order by now if I was elsewhere & had a bunch of potty-mouthed cretins screaming abuse at our players every week.

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
Do we have to have a hundred threads about how "negative" everyone is whenever we don't win a game?
People have different opinions, get over it. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion- if you don't like it, ignore it or challenge it, don't whine about it on a message board.

Poyetry In Motion

Pooetry Motions
Feb 26, 2009
6.61 miles from the Amex
It seems to me as if some of us are a bit too desperate for 'instant success' and when it fails to happen, the negativity starts.
We should have a 20+ goal striker, we should be in the play offs, we should be beating the likes of Burnley, Coventry, Brizzle etc., we should this, we should that etc etc

When Gus took over, we were struggling to stay in League 1. A mere 2 and a bit years later and we are challenging for a Premier League place, in our shiny new home and attracting players with such class and pedigree as Vicente. We have a talented management team, who are proven winners ( albeit as players ) and they are committed to the club for another 4 years.
Yet it is still not enough.
It takes time to build a successful team. Just ask purple nose himself. Even he took 3 years to get anywhere with United, after which the rest has been history.

I want success as much as anyone for this wonderful club of ours, but it will not happen overnight.
At the start of this season, everyone of us would have taken a flirt with the playoffs and a probable top ten finish plus being way above the Nigels.
Just relax a bit, stop picking holes in anything you can think of and enjoy what has been a very good season.
Next season will be better, I have no doubt of that.

Kumquat

Mar 2, 2009
A fella not a million miles away from me shouted "You were better with a broken leg, Dicker".

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
People that moan about people that moan are far worse.

It's a football match for fucks sake.

Well what the Hell are people supposed to do when their evening's been spoilt by countless gobby, pig-ignorant knobheads? Oh sorry, it's a football match isn't it: thus giving the pissed-up twats the right to behave exactly how they like, with little or no thought about those around them. :rolleyes:

Shropshire Seagull

Nov 5, 2004
Telford
Interesting when the uneducated shout out what they see. As a cricket coach our team talks always identify key / influential oposition players and what we can do to nulify their impact on a game. I've no reason to think this tactic isn't also used in professional football. So when some of our influential players appear to have suddenly become a bad player, just consider whether its the oppositon imposing tactics to nulify our talent.

Another saying we often use: "Form comes and goes, but class is permanent". Sure this also true for footie too.

Last point, less relevant for the pro's - "we're human, we're allowed to make mistakes - so long as we don't keep making the same mistakes"

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here