Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What is wrong with you....????

peejay1958

Aug 22, 2011
Southwick
With 4 games left this season, surely now's the time to get behind the team and cut out the negativity? The moaners have had almost the whole season to have a go at Barnes, CMS, Brezovan et al. If they aren't good enough at this level, I'll trust Gus to decide whether they should stay or go over the summer. Don't forget all the stick that Vicente got earlier in the season, one poster on this board even referred to him as Vic*nte and now he's seen as one of the best players ever to wear an Albion shirt!

Danny-Boy

Banned
Apr 21, 2009
The Coast
Is it possible to move anyone? The person who sits 2 seats next to me just didn't shut up, 'down the middle Brezovan' 'Barnes you're shit get off the pitch' and 'Poyet you're a disgrace please resign you twat'

You must stop sitting next to the BBC SCR commentary box...

FalmerforAll!**

NSC's Most Intelligent
Oct 26, 2005
Burgess Hill
Well what the Hell are people supposed to do when their evening's been spoilt by countless gobby, pig-ignorant knobheads? Oh sorry, it's a football match isn't it: thus giving the pissed-up twats the right to behave exactly how they like, with little or no thought about those around them. :rolleyes:

I would argue either say something at the game when it's relevant or shut up. Coming onto an internet forum to bitch about it doesn't achieve anything.

You really are deluded if you think you will go to a football match and not:
a) encounter a drunk person or 'pissed-up twat'
b) hear somebody moan about one of their own players

You are even more deluded if you think everyone that moans is ignorant, and that these people only go to do it. Everyone is supporting the same side, shame nobs like you seem to think you're the ultimate in supporting.

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
We are playing at one level below one of the top leagues in Europe. We are playing against a number of teams that have very recently played at that level. We are playing against players with a lot of Premiership experience.
We are managed by a man who demands a free flowing style of football, played to feet, by players who are comfortable on the ball.
The bar has been raised and so have the fans expectations. It is not acceptable to be continually failing to control the ball or pass quickly and accurately to a teammate. These particular players stand out because they lack the necessary touch. Some of them appear to find favour with the manager, which causes friction among fans as more ' popular ' players are overlooked.
You will never stop fans picking on particular players and there is always a reason for it.

Gus

Nov 1, 2010
Brighton
Some here are missing the point. Of course people are entitled to an opinion, however slagging of your own players during a game is hardly going to motivate them to do better is it. I want the team to win, I want the home fans to do everything to help the team win. You would hope the vast majority of the home fans would want the team to win, if some of them are too stupid to understand that supporting the team rather than undermining it will give us a better chance of winning then so be it, I find it bloody frustrating though…

Birdie Boy

Jun 17, 2011
The season long tirade of "get rid" and constant negativity got to me last night and I told him. Fortunately I held back as I did not want a ban but it was very close to kicking off! I have put in for a seat move and he is one of the reasons why, bloody hope I do get a move. By the sounds of it, unless I go to the North Stand there are whingers and moaners and negative people all over the place so bound to find another one! Hopefully not right next to me though.

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
I would argue either say something at the game when it's relevant or shut up. Coming onto an internet forum to bitch about it doesn't achieve anything.

You are even more deluded if you think everyone that moans is ignorant, and that these people only go to do it. Everyone is supporting the same side, shame nobs like you seem to think you're the ultimate in supporting.

Supporting the same side by constantly berating a personal hate figure (or 10) in an Albion shirt? Yeah, right. It seems to me that they'd be better of joining the away fans every match. Still, you obviously know best...

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
I suppose, really, as humans, we'd not make it if we only had nice things to say. And on this board we'd perhaps have one comment each per day about how nicely-shaped a turd done was or about a bee that hummed grippingly harmoniously and brought us to tears, reinforced by its sting, the pain caused and the doubtless demise of said bee with the knowledge that we'd never hear it again or prove to others of all it could do. We need range, i suppose, to love and hate and sometimes just perch in the middle without feeling. We'd be bored and never return if never exposed to upset or glee. And ideally we mature the longer we stay, learning that the comments of some who know how to get one's goat should simply be ignored and not be taken to heart. Sadly, i am yet to have become adult enough not to sit in ire when some clown looks to undermine all we've achieved by slagging off what we try and the mission we're on. They're buffoons to me still. Utter brainless loudmouths whose job it is is to incense and gain reaction. But i have to learn to ignore or click on "ignore" to avoid their spirit-slicing sharper tongues forever more, these snakes in the grass. I'm not sure i can do it, but i'll try, because it doesn't seem too right to talk to my girlfriend, who lives in the real world, or a real world, sometimes over how some strange fool on the internet is winding me up. What a silly waste of feeling.

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
If you arent happy with people moaning around you, say it to their faces and dont moan about them on a forum.

And everyone on this forum has opinions, so are expressing them some arent - you just have to accept that some peoples opinions arent going to be positive all of the time.

FalmerforAll!**

NSC's Most Intelligent
Oct 26, 2005
Burgess Hill
Supporting the same side by constantly berating a personal hate figure (or 10) in an Albion shirt? Yeah, right. It seems to me that they'd be better of joining the away fans every match. Still, you obviously know best...

Supporting the same side by paying for a match ticket like you, for their travel/petrol like you, for probably spending more money on food/programmes etc like you. If they feel the need to moan then quite frankly, what the f*** has it got to do with you? If you're that offended by it, either move, say something or keep your mouth shut. I want to win every game as much as the next person, and if Barnes or whoever for that matter isn't pulling their weight then quite frankly, after the money I've paid to watch it, I'm going to bloody well tell him and above all, hope that he then goes on to prove me wrong.

Twinkle Toes

Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
Supporting the same side by paying for a match ticket like you, for their travel/petrol like you, for probably spending more money on food/programmes etc like you. If they feel the need to moan then quite frankly, what the f*** has it got to do with you? If you're that offended by it, either move, say something or keep your mouth shut. I want to win every game as much as the next person, and if Barnes or whoever for that matter isn't pulling their weight then quite frankly, after the money I've paid to watch it, I'm going to bloody well tell him and above all, hope that he then goes on to prove me wrong.

Ahhhh, now we're cookin'. So just because you pays yer money it gives you the right to behave how you want - & sod everyone else? You seem to have a fair ol' chunk of anger stored up in that noodle of yours if you ask me (which of course you wouldn't). I reckon it's high time you changed your user name on here tbh, since Falmer evidently isn't for all by the sound of things.

FalmerforAll!**

NSC's Most Intelligent
Oct 26, 2005
Burgess Hill
Ahhhh, now we're cookin'. So just because you pays yer money it gives you the right to behave how you want - & sod everyone else? You seem to have a fair ol' chunk of anger stored up in that noodle of yours if you ask me (which of course you wouldn't). I reckon it's high time you changed your user name on here tbh, since Falmer evidently isn't for all by the sound of things.

Behave how I want? It's not like I've run on and assaulted anyone! You're entitled to sit there and watch the game in silence if you wish, but by the same token if you could kindly show me on the terms and conditions of buying a match ticket where it says you cannot shout negative comments at players, then I'd be extremely grateful.

Also, lots of anger? I'm quite alright thank you x

Twinkle Toes

Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
Behave how I want? It's not like I've run on and assaulted anyone! You're entitled to sit there and watch the game in silence if you wish, but by the same token if you could kindly show me on the terms and conditions of buying a match ticket where it says you cannot shout negative comments at players, then I'd be extremely grateful.

Also, lots of anger? I'm quite alright thank you x

How did you know that I always sit & watch the game in silence? It's a bloody good job I'm not paranoid - otherwise I'd be convinced you were having me closely monitored. Glad to hear you're not one of those peeps with anger management issues, mind. There seems to be a lot of them about these days (as ever). Anyway, make sure you have supersonic moan at Upton Park on Saturday if you're going. There's gonna be plenty of competition from those 'appy 'ammers... :wink:

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
So, there is no link between getting behind someone and encouraging them to perform well and them improving their game, and slagging them off by calling them worthless shite and them not improving their game.

I'm no qualified sports psychologist, but I'd venture that there is a role supporters play during the game to help secure the points - 12th man and all that.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing

I agree with the majority of this. To be fair, only once in the last 10 years have I shouted abuse at one of our team and that was when Navarro turned his back under Russell Slade, to allow a cross to go in from which a goal was scored. But the bottom line is as per the above post, we all support the same team and we all show our passion in different ways. If you don't like the person sitting near you, either have a discussion with the individual or YOU move. It is no good coming on NSC to share it......... in fact I think there is more negativity on NSC than there is in the actual stadium itself.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing

I agree with the majority of this. To be fair, only once in the last 10 years have I shouted abuse at one of our team and that was when Navarro turned his back under Russell Slade, to allow a cross to go in from which a goal was scored. But the bottom line is as per the above post, we all support the same team and we all show our passion in different ways. If you don't like the person sitting near you, either have a discussion with the individual or YOU move. It is no good coming on NSC to share it......... in fact I think there is more negativity on NSC than there is in the actual stadium itself.

Jun 18, 2011
tunbridge wells
It seems to me as if some of us are a bit too desperate for 'instant success' and when it fails to happen, the negativity starts.
We should have a 20+ goal striker, we should be in the play offs, we should be beating the likes of Burnley, Coventry, Brizzle etc., we should this, we should that etc etc

When Gus took over, we were struggling to stay in League 1. A mere 2 and a bit years later and we are challenging for a Premier League place, in our shiny new home and attracting players with such class and pedigree as Vicente. We have a talented management team, who are proven winners ( albeit as players ) and they are committed to the club for another 4 years.
Yet it is still not enough.
It takes time to build a successful team. Just ask purple nose himself. Even he took 3 years to get anywhere with United, after which the rest has been history.

I want success as much as anyone for this wonderful club of ours, but it will not happen overnight.
At the start of this season, everyone of us would have taken a flirt with the playoffs and a probable top ten finish plus being way above the Nigels.
Just relax a bit, stop picking holes in anything you can think of and enjoy what has been a very good season.
Next season will be better, I have no doubt of that.

this, well put!

terryberry1

Jul 9, 2011
Patcham

Thisssssss

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here